A tale of two nines

Wanted to bump this. Talking to my Legacy guys and it seems like most of us are back 9 machines (lol) and usually a few strokes better than the front (still).

How about all of you, are you seeing this when you look back at some of your scores?

Wanted to bump this. Talking to my Legacy guys and it seems like most of us are back 9 machines (lol) and usually a few strokes better than the front (still).

How about all of you, are you seeing this when you look back at some of your scores?
Definitely a good bump.

I just can't get going out of the gate. I'm hoping its due to playing in the cold & not really getting loose until later in the round.

I'm sure its mostly because of my outofshapeness, but I usually blow up by the end of the round, my first nine is usually better

I'm sure its mostly because of my outofshapeness, but I usually blow up by the end of the round, my first nine is usually better

Not in Ocean City. Ask TheCrest..."Im going for it" Hahahahahaha

Was this the 4 club Par 3 into the wind or the disappearing ball?

#18 was the disappearing ball aka your collapse. Haha
Damn it... I have been trying to forget about that thanks for bringing it up. Hahaha I actually let Marty have it contrary to what it looked like

I have been having huge huge swing from the front to the back the last few weeks. Normally I am a few strokes better on the back but lately I have been 5-7 strokes better. I have not been able to get out of the gate at all. It has almost felt like the club is a foreign object for the first 5-6 holes every time I go out even if I hit the range before hand.

Was this the 4 club Par 3 into the wind or the disappearing ball?

#18 was the disappearing ball aka your collapse. Haha

Damn it... I have been trying to forget about that thanks for bringing it up. Hahaha I actually let Marty have it contrary to what it looked like

that was a fun round, I took a look at the yardage book last week, one of the crasiest courses I have ever played.

you can have a rematch whenever you want Jesse

that was a fun round, I took a look at the yardage book last week, one of the crasiest courses I have ever played.

you can have a rematch whenever you want Jesse
Yeah man it was a blast. I hope sooner than later buddy. You have a solid game just have to keep working at it. Just like me

Yeah man it was a blast. I hope sooner than later buddy. You have a solid game just have to keep working at it. Just like me

yeah but your handicap went down since june, mine somehow went up...

a tale of two night is real, my tree rounds in 2015... 43-57 100, 57-45 102 and 46-54 100... I can play somewhat decent, but damn do I need to be a bit more consistent

yeah but your handicap went down since june, mine somehow went up...

a tale of two night is real, my tree rounds in 2015... 43-57 100, 57-45 102 and 46-54 100... I can play somewhat decent, but damn do I need to be a bit more consistent
Yeah after OC I started playing a lot better a couple rounds in the mid 80s that felt great. Just trying to keep it simple and play my game and within myself.

On a strange course I almost always score better on the back nine because it takes me several holes to figure out the speed and break of the greens. Sunday I had 18 putts on the front with three 3 putts and 13 putts on the back nine. On my home course I play better on the back because the par 4's are easier.

Last edited:
My brother did this like nobody's business a few weeks back. Couldn't do a damn thing on the front and shot 50, then all of a sudden remembered how to hit the ball and starting hitting greens on the back, boom, 39.

Haha.. I did the same Sunday. 48 39. Just could not hit an iron shot on the front side.

I had a round very much like this last year. I was hooking everything on the front nine and not making any putts and shot 43. At the turn I stopped in for a quick drink, and it must of been what I needed because I started the back nine birdie, eagle (holed out from 175 on what I consider the hardest par 4 in my city), birdie. Ended up with a 32 on the back nine for one of the craziest 75's I've ever shot.

Had a round about 3 months ago where I went 46 - 34. Was 12 over through 12 then suddenly, out of the blue, could do no wrong and birdied 4 of the last 6 holes.

Played the front nine twice, so it really was a tale of two nines, the same nine!

47/39-86 today. Played the first nine in two hours waiting behind the whole course. Played the second nine in 1:20 or so with no waiting. It's a par 70 (35/35) course, and I was 11-over the first 6 holes, 1-over the last 3 holes the first time and a total of 5-over the last 12 holes..

Dropped 7 shots from front 9 to back 9 today.

Back