Interesting Odyssey Stats

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As most know, they are on a roll, but this is a pretty big year for the brand on tour. They surpassed 40 wins on worldwide tours today.
They are 9 for 9 in major putter counts across the PGA Tour, LPGA and Champions Tours and doing so with approximately 230 more putters in play than next closest competitor.

Im guessing here as I don't have the stats in front of me, but I would say about half of the players are unsponsored, and they don't do tee up money here. So the question I have to THPers is why are they dominating the tours when money could be earned from the players going elsewhere? Is it comfort? Tech? What do you think the reasoning is?

Good balance, insert feels great, excellent alignment.
Been playing my 2 ball for many years now.

They are 9 for 9 in major putter counts across the PGA Tour, LPGA and Champions Tours...

What does this mean?

• Admin
What does this mean?

That they have led the field count for equipment used in each of the first 9 majors this year.

I would have to say it is feel and comfort with the putters. I rolled shanewu's stroke lab Odyssey putter today and that thing felt amazing!!!!

As most know, they are on a roll, but this is a pretty big year for the brand on tour. They surpassed 40 wins on worldwide tours today.
They are 9 for 9 in major putter counts across the PGA Tour, LPGA and Champions Tours and doing so with approximately 230 more putters in play than next closest competitor.

Im guessing here as I don't have the stats in front of me, but I would say about half of the players are unsponsored, and they don't do tee up money here. So the question I have to THPers is why are they dominating the tours when money could be earned from the players going elsewhere? Is it comfort? Tech? What do you think the reasoning is?
The equipment flat out performs and when you have something that performs, why wouldn't you use it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting Odyssey Stats

I wish there was a breakdown of what models are used for at least a good chunk of these players. I'm curious if a lot still use the White Hot insert or if they have made the leap to the new models.

I wish there was a breakdown of what models are used for at least a good chunk of these players. I'm curious if a lot still use the White Hot insert or if they have made the leap to the new models.

I’d be surprised if the vast majority of players weren’t using a non-microhinge White Hot insert.

I’d be surprised if the vast majority of players weren’t using a non-microhinge White Hot insert.

I have seen many of those on the tour, even watching today. I know Snedeker uses one that he has had for years. I went back to the Odyssey. I have concluded that I am an insert kind of guy.

Back