Your Course's Short Game Practice Area

Both our 18s have decent putting and chipping greens with about 8-10 holes each. But not our 9 hole. The only sand practice area is at the golf academy.

My home course has a putting green and a chipping green. The cool thing about the chipping green is how they mow around it. They seem to switch it up every other month or so. Tons of different lies to practice chipping and short pitch shots.

We also have a short practice hole that can be approached from two sides. The green has two big bunkers protecting it. On one side you can practice from 80 yards and in. The far side is where I normally practice and you can go as far as 160 yards out. This far side has you carry the bunkers on your approach. Both sides of this practice hole usually are marked at 50 or 25 yard intervals easily allowing you to practice whatever yardage you want.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I practice at several courses in the area depending on where I am when I have the time. My home course has a putting green and you can chip on it. They do not cut holes in it though and just have moveable pin flags. They have a small range with 1 small bunker as well. Another course I play has a pretty good range including the best mats I have ever hit off of for winter use. They have a decent size bunker and a larger putting green. They have signs up saying no chipping on the putting green but everybody does and they don't seem to care. Lots of holes cut in it and all kinds of breaking putts and such with the way it is set up. I occasionally use another local range that has a large range area. They have 2 greens with one for pitching and bunker shots from the large bunker in front and the other for chipping and putting.

Large putting green in the shape of an L, 30 yard chipping/pitching area, another chipping/putting green on the opposite end of the course with two sand bunkers to hit out of

Basically two putting/chipping greens. There is no sand area to practice in, however, I've heard that when they build their new clubhouse the putting green will be getting moved and upgraded.

A big chipping green with a bunker for sand practice, and a very nice putting green, plus a patch about 35-50 yards away from the green with fairway and rough length grass to practice pitches. The only bummer is it's very close to an unofficial parking area, so there are definitely angles where you're not really practicing with full confidence.

The course closest to me has a putting green and chipping green. I believe there is a bunker on the opposite end of the driving range (two way range, one side mats, other is grass), but the grass side is rarely open so usually don't drive down there to check it out.

Another course a little further from me has two practice greens plus a large chipping green with 1 or 2 bunkers around it and even a 20-30 yard area mowed down in front of the green. Whenever I play there I usually try to go to that spot quickly after hitting a small range bucket, my favorite practice area by far around here.

fd43aac3648912784609c5f0d660276f.jpg

My home course is pretty well set up. Two uphill areas to practice with, separated by rough. A bunker that has a pretty high wall on the right side. Trees that you can get underneath to practice those lower check up shots. 3 pins with plenty of elevation change.

My home course has one small putting green with no range or bunkers, and the green is not mowed the same height as the real greens so it is always slower. I’ll hit a few chips or do some putting drills if I’m waiting to tee off but that’s about it.

There's a putting green and then another for chipping and putting. When I lived closer I would go once or twice a week, but really was just for before I was playing.

Another has a small green just by the starter, and you have to go thru the building to get there so kind of odd to go just to practice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Putting green near the clubhouse. Large chipping & pitching area of about 60 yards max with a large bunker surrounding it. If I had my way, I would have built it much bigger. Right now you can only pitch from one direction really & that's into a slanting green towards you. So you don't get a feel for pitches that have to stop faster running away from you. Rarely is the sand in the bunker changed out but hey, at least there is one to use. Which really is mind boggling to me that when I'm there practicing, there are rarely many golfers using the practice area. They are always beating balls at the range.

We have a nice grass range with a bunker, a nice putting green, a complete 200 yard practice hole it’s two bunkers. It’s very nice!! I should use them more often!

We have a putting green near the bag drop with no chipping allowed. Near the range there is a small chipping and putting area with a bunker and sloped sides. The best part is that it's in the shade most of the day.

Chipping green and putting green combo. Decently sized with lots of holes, but it can get crowded pretty quick and it makes it hard to really focus on chipping. More often than not we chip a couple and then putt for the majority of the time.

One putting only green. Then a much smaller chipping 'green' that doesn't get the same level of care (read longer patchier grass). The chipping green does have a trap next to it with actual sand in it, which is more than a lot of courses around here offer.

The course closet to my house has a great practice area. They have a huge putting green next to that a chipping green and right behind that is a pitching area with three flags to aim at. They are 75-100 yards away. The big chipping green has a huge bunker next to it also that they are working on replacing the sand. They also have a full driving range with lights!

Attachments

• prac2.jpg
    prac2.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 0
  • prac1.jpg
    prac1.jpg
    867.8 KB · Views: 0
Range (off grass) with unlimited range balls
Separate chipping green with 4 practice holes also includes large green side bunker
Separate putting green with 8 practice holes

Also have a separate practice facility for the University of Arizona golf team. Includes all of the above as well. Sometimes I get to go over there too.

Great Facility

We have a dedicated short game area that is separate from the practice green. The short game area allows for shots almost 75 yards in distance and there is a sand bunker available for practice. Really a great feature and open all the time, even on Mondays when the driving range is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol what short game area? There a 20’x50’ chipping area that “mown” longer than the fringe and a 4’x6’ bunker in the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a good sized putting green with 8-10 holes to putt to, but no chipping allowed. No chipping green, so that's a downer....

This is the one area where I think my club is somewhat lacking. The practice green itself is nice. It's relatively large and conveniently located between the clubhouse, range, and 1st tee. And they do allow chipping, which is nice.

But the separate short game practice area is located at the far end of the range, which is a real pain to get to (the range is between #1 and #18, so to get down to the end, you are either in the range or on a hole, neither of which is ideal). Once you get down there, there is a nice fairway where you can hit shots from about 100 yards in to a green. The problem is that the green is not maintained anywhere near the greens on the course. I get that it would have a million ball marks in it, etc., but hitting to a green that is cut more like a fairway is fairly useless in determining how your wedges perform. And it's the only place on the course where you can practice out of a bunker, which is really inconvenient.

Back