International Foods - Your Selections

One thing I don't see enough of is a Doner Kabob. Turkish street food that I saw everywhere in Germany. Kind of like a gyro, but better IMO.

There's a place in Athens, GA that has them. Need to get back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Döner is the bomb

So much yes. When I was in Germany in college I had this like 3 or 4 times, and was crushed when I couldn't find it upon returning to VA haha

Good Italian food is hard to find, but it would top my list....tons of Mexican here in Southeast Texas and I love good authentic German Food.

So much yes. When I was in Germany in college I had this like 3 or 4 times, and was crushed when I couldn't find it upon returning to VA haha
The village I lived in had döner at the train station. They also did pizzas with döner meat. So good.

The village I lived in had döner at the train station. They also did pizzas with döner meat. So good.

Döner pizza, where have you been all my life?

Curry. A really good curry. It's one of the things I miss about home. I've visited many places in the US and have yet to find a decent one unfortunately.

East coast has many good places but your right about west side

Japanese is top on my list. Ethiopian, Lebanese, Greek, Brazilian, Colombian, Peruvian round it out.

Tough. Comes down to Greek or Indian for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Greek or Thai for me. You can't go wrong with a good Pad Thai dish.

Thai tops my list. I do like Greek as well.

It's probably against the spirit of the thread but I love American food! Big juicy burgers, pizza loaded with meat and cheese, hot wings...YUM! Close second is good Mexican and third would have to be French. I've never had dinner at a good authentic Mexican or French restaurant that I didn't LOVE.

This thread makes me sad that my wife will only eat chicken strips, beef nachos, plain hamburger, chicken Alfredo, white fish, or other similar bland dishes. I like to be adventurous. There is an Ethiopian restaurant in our town I really want to try.

Big sushi fan. Love Indian and Thai food. Going to try some Cuban food soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOOD Indian Food is one of my favorites, but it has to be authentic and good. Bad Indian food could be the worst thing to try and eat.

This is part of why I love you.

We have a really good Afghan place near us and it is so good. All the guys that work there speak Spanish though... hmmm

GOOD Indian Food is one of my favorites, but it has to be authentic and good. Bad Indian food could be the worst thing to try and eat.

Any dishes you recommend? I had a bad Indian experience in NY and wouldn't mind giving it a 2nd chance.

Thai food, particularly their curry dishes which are made with more coconut milk then fish oil. Indian food especially from southern India. Pudina, which is a chutney eaten with rice, is delicious!

Food from USVI/BSVI. Curry goat, beef patty's, coconut bread and of course jerk chicken are all delicious and so are so many other dishes.

I'm a big fan of greek food. Sadly not too much of that around where I am right now :(

Really enjoyed the authentic mexican food while I was in southern California as well. There's actually a restaurant that's somewhat similar here but nowhere near as good as what I got there.

Jaegerschnitzel with dumplings and asparagus.

Being a complete mutt, I've grown to love food from various cultures. I always love authentic Italian dishes, but with a middle eastern/Mediterranean wife has got me loving foods from those regions.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Korean bbq, Japanese cooked steaks, and love me some Hawaiian food

We used to have a great german food restaurant across the street from our office, I miss that, such a great cuisine!

Greek and anything involving lamb.

Back