JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Hitting the TPC Twin Cities this week. Looks to be an exceptional field.

Koepka
Day
Hideki
Lefty
Bryson

It's always odd with a new event/course to follow along with, so much easier to jump in and out of coverage of a known tournament or course.

It will be interesting to see if a similar score wins Rocket Mortgage and 3M Open. The seniors played this course for ~20 years and often finished around -20 in 54 holes. Tom Lehman helped with a modest renovation over the 12 months. They added about 500 yards, trees, bunkers, and even enlarged one of the ponds (think the one on 18). Yardage is just under 7,500 and they'll let the rough grow.

Zac Brown Band plays on Friday night.

Hitting the TPC Twin Cities this week. Looks to be an exceptional field.

Koepka
Day
Hideki
Lefty
Bryson

Also - Finau, Reed, Dufner, Walker, & Bradley

Going to the tournament on Friday. Should be fun and with the holiday we may have run of the place...

• Admin
Hideki starting out with the flat stick rolling.

“We apologize for the language by Patrick Reed. But a happy 4th of July!”

Just flip this on. Hits his provisional right again and says “Phuck You.”

It was perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matsuyama, Hadwin, and Piercy tied at 7 under. Are we headed for another birdie-fest?

“We apologize for the language by Patrick Reed. But a happy 4th of July!”

Just flip this on. Hits his provisional right again and says “Phuck You.”

It was perfect.

Reed gonna Reed.

He’s gone from villain to village twit.

Reed gonna Reed.

He’s gone from villain to village twit.
Crazy thing is he actually found his original ball in some knee high rough and hit a fantastic shot between trees to run it up short of the green.

Bryson went low today.

Poor Phil— felt like I was watching myself by hitting one 4 feet into the water.

Cameron Davis cleared the water with his second shot on 9* so the cut should stay at -4.

27 putts and 17/18 GIR will help that along. Looks more and more confident with the equipment changes.

Getting around in 62 is pretty good with or without any changes. What did he change?

Cameron Davis cleared the water with his second shot on 18 so the cut should stay at -4.

Getting around in 62 is pretty good with or without any changes. What did he change?

I only caught part of the story but think he went with a new shafts and irons. Assume he's still using the same iron model but has new heads.

Only 5 of 10 of my fantasy team will make the cut but I do have 1, 2 and T3 so I have that going for me.

Cameron Davis cleared the water with his second shot on 9* so the cut should stay at -4.

Holy crap, he ended up making 7 (triple bogey) from the greenside bunker to drop the cut line! 85 players make the weekend at -3.

Believe I heard he changed to the MB irons instead of the Forged One irons he had been playing. I read it was because of consistency in spin.

Good week for the newest crop of young guns Colin Morikawa -8, Viktor Hovland -7, Justin Suh -7 and Matthew Wolff -6 all making the cut. Watch out for Justin Suh. He may not garner the attention as the others but he has serious game. Followed him for a few holes at the Memorial and came away seriously impressed.

Was out at the tournament today and got to follow Matt Wolff for a few holes and watch his range session. The trajectory he hits his irons with is pretty incredible! He also hits it a long long way.

We left the course with a lot of big names outside the cut and knew they needed Cam Davis to make a bogey for the -3 under to get back in. Birdie-triple was not expected.

Practice area. Great day for golf!

542330f8f5ae7697d83c996ccca356d6.jpg

0366dbc0657993006f9a08f7d9b23a6d.jpg

Waiting on 10, 100 yards out, for Koepka’s opening tee ball. We’re not the only ones with this plan.

Koepka is the short ball.

2c85e6a79c2f8b90f95ff24879ab5cb7.jpg

Wolffy is on FIRE!!!

Back