Forum Testing Signup: Cut DC Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

image002.jpg%4001D4FF1B.FECD1500-L.jpg

Cut DC Golf Balls
Full info (and where your reviews will go) can be found in this thread
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php/114421-Cut-Blue-DC-Golf-Balls

Criteria
THP will select a group of 4 THPers to test the putters alongside THP Staff Writers @Jman and @Molten
You must be able to check in on the thread daily (or close to it) to discuss and answer questions.
You will be reviewing the golf balls for a period of 30 days (then they yours to keep/lose).

How to Signup
Post in this thread the answer to these 3 questions.
1. What golf balls are you currently using?
2. Have you tried Cut Golf Balls in the past?
3. Preliminary thoughts on the DC (Dual Core) ball before they arrive?

THE TESTERS:
Jman
Molten
Iceman!
gkeller813
Tenputt
Bernoulli

Last edited:
I'm very curious about theses...

1. What golf balls are you currently using? B330-RXS or Q-Star Tour
2. Have you tried Cut Golf Balls in the past? Nope
3. Preliminary thoughts on the DC (Dual Core) ball before they arrive? I'm interested to know how they will feel. I'm probably playing a ball that's too much for my game, but feel for me is paramount.

Let's give this a whirl:

1. What golf balls are you currently using? 2019 Srixon Z-Star XV
2. Have you tried Cut Golf Balls in the past? Yes- I've tried the Blue, Grey and Matte
3. Preliminary thoughts on the DC (Dual Core) ball before they arrive? Based on the description on the website, it reads like it's very close to ball I'm playing now.
Like the higher compression and high initial velocity features.

Oh this should be real good. Fun little Monday contest - let’s get those entries in already!

Let’s get it everyone!!!

1. vice pro plus, srixon zstar xv
2. Nope
3. Similar range to the vice and snell offerings recently. Initial performance approaching more expensive balls, but concerns about durability. I tend to chew up balls in <9 holes. Been searching for a mid-priced ball that performs adequately, but lasts like the top of the line balls.

1. Snell MTB Black or Srixon Z-Star
2. No, never tried Cut
3. The look is good. I've been trying out some new balls this year, instead of old found balls, so I'm curious to see how Cut performs against Snell and the Z-star. Can I get good value and good performance?

1. What golf balls are you currently using? Taylormade TP5
2. Have you tried Cut Golf Balls in the past? no
3. Preliminary thoughts on the DC (Dual Core) ball before they arrive? Understand they have higher velocity with the Dual Core, but how is the workability of fading and drawing versus the straight distance? and how is the check of the short wedges..intrigued.

It would be fun to do some reviewing along with @Jman and my Hackers teammate, @Molten, as well as some other THPers.

1. I am currently using Titleist Pro V1X.
2. I have never tried a Cut golf ball.
3. I don’t know a great deal about this ball, but it appears to be a design intended to perform similar to the “X”-type balls. I would love to give it an unbiased review.

1. ProV1
2. Never
3. Would love to find a ball that fits my game. Does the Cut provide more or less spin with a steep swing?

1. What golf balls are you currently using? Chromesoft Truvis
2. Have you tried Cut Golf Balls in the past? Yes
3. Preliminary thoughts on the DC (Dual Core) ball before they arrive? From what I've read so far I would they they'd perform well from me, either off the tee with more distance or maybe around the greens for more spin, that's always something I look for in a ball, but know it's more of me and the club than the ball!

1. What golf balls are you currently using? Either the Chrome Soft (Truvis) or the Bridgestone E12
2. Have you tried Cut Golf Balls in the past? I have tried the Cut Grey, Cut Blue as well as the Yellow Matte Yellow
3. Preliminary thoughts on the DC (Dual Core) ball before they arrive? Based on what I have read on their website then ball is going to be ball that will be able to compete really well with some of the premium balls that are already on the market.

1. What golf balls are you currently using? Titleist ProV1
2. Have you tried Cut Golf Balls in the past? tried the Cut Blue & Grey ... wasn't a fan to be honest
3. Preliminary thoughts on the DC (Dual Core) ball before they arrive? hoping they have learned from original testing and manufacturing and this is a better ball. (just my opinion of course)

1. What golf balls are you currently using? Wilson Duo
2. Have you tried Cut Golf Balls in the past? Yes, the Blue and I thought the ball performed well but the cover seemed to get beat up easily.
3. Preliminary thoughts on the DC (Dual Core) ball before they arrive? I currently use a dual core ball and love the feel, but feel I may be losing distance. I am wondering how these perform against other dual core balls, and if there is an update to cover.

1. TP5x/PROV1x
2. I have not?
3. I don't know much about the brand, other than a few reviews I have seen here. Tech seems interesting though, especially if they can pull it off at that price point?

1. ProV1/AVX

2. Never played Cut balls

3. I have no real preconceived notions about the DC---I would be curious if it may fall somewhere between the two balls I'm currently playing. I'd love to find a ball that has features of both.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Keep them coming. This will only stay open for another day.

1. What golf balls are you currently using? Chromesoft
2. Have you tried Cut Golf Balls in the past? Never
3. Preliminary thoughts on the DC (Dual Core) ball before they arrive? I'm not too familiar with Cut or the DC ball but I keep hearing more and more about them. Would like to see how the DC compares to the bigger brands in terms of distance, spin, and feel.

1. Mix of Pro V1x and Chrome Soft.
2. No.
3. Been interested in trying a ball in this category for awhile. Durability of the cover has been a consideration.

Just talked to Cut. This is going to be a fast turnaround, so they can get them shipped out before holidays.

1. What golf balls are you currently using? Srixon Qstar
2. Have you tried Cut Golf Balls in the past? I have not
3. Preliminary thoughts on the DC (Dual Core) ball before they arrive? I don't know much about the brand/ball other than the few things I have read on here. Always anxious to try out new balls and see if I can find the perfect one.

Noodle soft
no I have not
never heard of this ball but would be honored to try it

Great opportunity here! Good luck everyone!

1. Mostly Z Star right now.

2. Yes. Blue and Matte Orange. My 2nd lowest score was using a Cut Blue.

3. Very interested in these but thought the jump in price was a bit much to take a flyer on them. Right or wrong, my first thought was that it's a copy of the CSX.

1. What golf balls are you currently using? Srixon Z-Star XV and Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis
2. Have you tried Cut Golf Balls in the past? Never tried a Cut ball
3. Preliminary thoughts on the DC (Dual Core) ball before they arrive? My concerns are of durability from what I've seen on certain social media outlets. I'd be interested to see for myself if some of these reports are "one offs" or if there truly are durability issues with the product.

Thanks to THP and Cut Golf for the opportunity.

Back