Finally broke 80!

AUWU11

Reaction score
Handicap
7.2 GHIN
Had to share this. Not to brag or anything like that, but I know most people here will appreciate the story.

I broke 80 for the first time this past Friday. Shot 77 (38-39). Course was Par 71. 30 putts (and no 3 putts), one double bogey, 2 biridies (one a side). Played the Par 3's at +2, the Par 4's at +5, and the Par 5's at -1. Needed a bogey on the final hole for a 79. Long par 5 with a lake down the entire left side as well as behind the green, which slopes towards the water from front to back. Played it safe knowing what was at stake. Instead of going driver-hybrid like I usually would, I went 3 wood-8 iron-SW. My 3rd shot came up just short of the green. Stepped up, and chipped in for birdie for a 77! The guy I was playing with, who has only been at it for a couple years, shot 89, breaking 90 for the first time, so that was pretty cool as well.

Congrats, it's a great feeling!

Had to share this. Not to brag or anything like that, but I know most people here will appreciate the story.

I broke 80 for the first time this past Friday. Shot 77 (38-39). Course was Par 71. 30 putts (and no 3 putts), one double bogey, 2 biridies (one a side). Played the Par 3's at +2, the Par 4's at +5, and the Par 5's at -1. Needed a bogey on the final hole for a 79. Long par 5 with a lake down the entire left side as well as behind the green, which slopes towards the water from front to back. Played it safe knowing what was at stake. Instead of going driver-hybrid like I usually would, I went 3 wood-8 iron-SW. My 3rd shot came up just short of the green. Stepped up, and chipped in for birdie for a 77! The guy I was playing with, who has only been at it for a couple years, shot 89, breaking 90 for the first time, so that was pretty cool as well.

Great job!

Good job!

Awesome!!!! Someday I'll be able to embrace this feeling as well, reading this gives me motivation and hope.

Congrats! I broke 80 for the first time earlier this year and the buzz lasted for a week. Soak it up. Also heads up I followed that up with a 101 in my very next round

Awesome! Great round. Always fun to hear things like this. Thanks for sharing.

I remember when I broke 80 for the first time, I didn't even realize where I was at until the middle of the back nine. I knew I was playing decent but didn't really pay attention to my score. Hell I didn't even know what I ended the front nine with, we just made the turn and started on the back. I figured it is what it is whatever it is lol. Everytime I have been in the 70's (which isn't often) it always seems relaxed and just happens.

Congrats!!

Congratulations! Its a huge accomplishment for any player to make that cross into the 70s..

Congratulations dude!

Congrats buddy!

Awesome! Great round. Always fun to hear things like this. Thanks for sharing.

I remember when I broke 80 for the first time, I didn't even realize where I was at until the middle of the back nine. I knew I was playing decent but didn't really pay attention to my score. Hell I didn't even know what I ended the front nine with, we just made the turn and started on the back. I figured it is what it is whatever it is lol. Everytime I have been in the 70's (which isn't often) it always seems relaxed and just happens.

This is exactly what I told a couple buddies of mine. I thought shooting in the 70's would mean I played out of my mind so to speak. But that wasn't the case. I was super relaxed. A random bad shot didn't fluster me, just recovered and moved on. Hit a lot of smart shots that I knew I had in the bag - mainly a lot of 3 woods of the tee. Felt like a "stress free" round. I didn't realize where I was until after I drained about a 25 footer for par on the 15th hole, and even then it was because my playing partner wanted to know where he was at.

This is exactly what I told a couple buddies of mine. I thought shooting in the 70's would mean I played out of my mind so to speak. But that wasn't the case. I was super relaxed. A random bad shot didn't fluster me, just recovered and moved on. Hit a lot of smart shots that I knew I had in the bag - mainly a lot of 3 woods of the tee. Felt like a "stress free" round. I didn't realize where I was until after I drained about a 25 footer for par on the 15th hole, and even then it was because my playing partner wanted to know where he was at.

Congrats again brother.

Now...stay humble lol

Congrats!!!!!

Great job. Keep it up.

congrats man. That is awesome!

Congrats, it feels so great finally doing this!

Awesome story and great to perform under pressure on 18! Kudos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, that has to be an amazing feeling!

Congrats. That’s awesome. I continue to chase. We’ll done.

Nice work. I look forward to the day I can post my "broke 80" thread. It isn't bragging. It is an accomplishment worthy of note.

Congrats! Feels so good doesn't it?

Congrats! That a big milestone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations that has to be an awesome feeling!

Back