2016 NE Ohio Spring Gathering-April 30th/May 1

Official menu:

Hot dog bar (every topping I could think of)
Bacon baked beans
The best pasta salad you've ever had
Butterfinger grapes
Deviled eggs if I'm feeling extra frisky.

I will be supplying some drinks, but again, please bring your specific thirst wants. There are multiple gas stations on the way from the course, to our home.

See you all soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks kourtney, I won't be able to make the dinner or golf that day, but will be attending Sunday.

You are being very gracious putting up with everyone, and the menu looks great.

Kourtney "The Better Putter V" the menu looks great.

Deviled eggs!

I hope people realize how much work this is for the Vedda's.

Thanks PhilV and Kortney.

Indeed, thank you to Philly and Kortney!

And, I also would like to lobby for deviled eggs.

Hey Phil I'm in for both days, it doesn't say so on the list.

Also Brianmk24, count me in on that hotel for friday and saturday!

I will have the groups posted soon. I have to give the groups to both courses by mid week this week anyways so Ill post the groups up in the first post for both rounds. Last chance to get a #THPCallOut in

Whose in for some competition? #THPCallOut

Question for you locals. How likely are we looking at playing through a cicada invasion? It's saying eastern Ohio is a prime target. I haven't had the "pleasure" of those since I was in DC in 2004.

Question for you locals. How likely are we looking at playing through a cicada invasion? It's saying eastern Ohio is a prime target. I haven't had the "pleasure" of those since I was in DC in 2004.
Last i heard they were expected to be coming in mid May along with the wonderful mayflies. I wouldnt worry about it though the ground has to get to 65* for them to hatch and the lake is still blowing cooler air this way with the lake temp being below 50 still

Last i heard they were expected to be coming in mid May along with the wonderful mayflies. I wouldnt worry about it though the ground has to get to 65* for them to hatch and the lake is still blowing cooler air this way with the lake temp being below 50 still

PhillyV woke up a genious, lol, no seriously though where do you keep these nuggets of information

I have lived here 20 years and don't remember them in that time, so it can't be that bad can it?

i was around 17 years ago when the last time they were here. all i remember about it was their noise they make you could hear them. it wasnt like these 2 inch bugs were swarming around.

PhillyV woke up a genious, lol, no seriously though where do you keep these nuggets of information

I have lived here 20 years and don't remember them in that time, so it can't be that bad can it?
I actually just read an article on it this morning lol

If everyone cranks their music, it'll just be like really crappy speakers/radio station.

Wasnt the Legacy the course last year where we had to turn our music down because it was too loud? LOL

Nice. I lived through two cicada broods living in DC. 6 weeks of noise and everything getting covered with the bugs and husks. That would certainly make for some interesting shots if you "play the ball as it lies".

i was around 17 years ago when the last time they were here. all i remember about it was their noise they make you could hear them. it wasnt like these 2 inch bugs were swarming around.

I remember that. I just know our dog wanted to eat all of them.

Wasnt the Legacy the course last year where we had to turn our music down because it was too loud? LOL
Yeah the locals didnt like Journey being played loud

And quite rightly so. Journey is not golf music. Motorhead is golf music.
Its was actually an 80s station on Pandora, Journey just happened to be playing when we were yelled at. We switched it up a few times while we were out there. This year the music will still be played just at a lower volume.

Back