Titleist C16 Driver Preview

When i saw the picture it reminded me of a club but i just couldnt remember which one it is. Then it hit me. It reminds me of the Cobra ZL Encore

I'm not saying it's right or wrong just agreeing with you.

You can "Innovate or die" or "imitate and thrive"
I knew what you were getting at. Titleist makes clubs that people buy. No good reason for them to stop.

I actually like the design. It's nice to see Titleist change their looks a little bit on the driver.

Why the name change?

This is so unlike Titleist.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

C ... for chamber? Actually is "Concept" from what I heard.

I don't like it much at all. It would have to perform leaps and bounds beyond my 915 D2 for me to switch.

Last edited:
I'm still gaming the 913 D2 and it performs very well for me. Compared to other Titleist domestic offerings, this kind of has a JDM touch to it as well as the price point I'm sure!

Is it really supposed to retail at $1k? Or is that just some bunk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it really supposed to retail at $1k? Or is that just some bunk...

For the sake of Titleist, i hope its not true. That price tag is the last thing the brand bias needs lol

For the sake of Titleist, i hope its not true. That price tag is the last thing the brand bias needs lol

Couldn't agree more. That would be just absurd...

Titleist has always been on my radar, they make good clubs. This driver is interesting to say the least.

I do like the looks of it and being a Titleist driver owner I'm quite intrigued to try it. But if the rumors of a $1k price on this baby are true, forget it! I don't have near enough gear to trade in to come close to that! Ha!

Hopefully this is a proto and the finished product looks more polished...
Man how boring looking! I know its about how it performs but I really struggle paying good $$$ for something that looks so meh.

I'm sure they are proto pictures, i think the first pictures of the Nike Fly posted were very similar looking.

Where is the $1000 rumor coming from? Did I miss something?

Where is the $1000 rumor coming from? Did I miss something?

The digital interwebs of course, where despite being are facts never get in the way of anything...haha.
I was told some website posted that it might cost that...track records...Go with track records...

The digital interwebs of course, where despite being are facts never get in the way of anything...haha.
I was told some website posted that it might cost that...track records...Go with track records...
Nuff said. Thanks.

Official information now out from Titleist on this driver, and C16 irons also coming, via PGATour.com: http://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2016/04/18/titleist-concept-c16-driver-irons.html

The pertinent details:

Along with the limited locations to purchase the driver and irons, both will be available in small quantities. Only 1,500 Titleist Concept C16 drivers and 1,000 sets of Concept C16 irons will be produced for the U.S.-only launch.

Driver price is $1000. Iron set price is $2700 for steel, $3000 for graphite.

That's super spendy!!!!

Wow! Pricey indeed.

Seems like a large departure from what Titleist has offered in the past. Looks very interesting!

The drivers seems above my pay grade as a player. The irons look fantastic and sound like something I could play (more forgiveness than the AP1) but at a price tag that is well beyond my means. But I'm sure the lucky 1,000 and 1,500 that can afford these and get them, will have something truly unique.

Back