Shaft Tech - The Materials

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
In volume one of Shaft Technology in 2 minutes or less from THP and Matrix Golf, we talk about materials and more appropriatetly the most important material that makes up a golf shaft, carbon fiber.

Some serious recipe's for those ovens I imagine. Didn't know that about the temps/times, but makes sense.

Off to a great and very interesting start with this series.

Great info. Had no idea how they made the carbon fiber. Looking forward to the next one!

It's crazy and intriguing how similar carbon fiber and steel are when it comes to the properties and how they can be manipulated.

That's a sweet intro...looking forward to the next episode!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Admin
It's crazy and intriguing how similar carbon fiber and steel are when it comes to the properties and how they can be manipulated.

I think people are going to learn a lot about both the similarities and the differences of the materials in this THP Classroom series

So cool, awesome info!

This is really interesting. Can't wait for the next installment!

Always wanted to know about shafts, how they are made, what goes into them, and what defines an inexpensive shaft to a premium shaft.

This is the type of content that gets me giddy. I want to know more of the technical side.

This entire series will go through every aspect and make it easy to digest. Tom is brilliant and in 2 minutes or less will educate.

So damn cool how that roll of flexible material is eventually made into a golf shaft.

Love how succinct each one of these videos are. Shaft information can be overwhelming at times, but this is simple and quick. That's the first time I've seen carbon fiber in a roll. Cool stuff.

Amazing how much you can learn in such a short period of time. Going to be a great series!

Amazing how much you can learn in such a short period of time. Going to be a great series!

Thanks. We know tons of THPers said they wanted more shaft knowledge, and here is their chance in the THP Classroom.

Really nice little breakdown there.

It's insane how much research has gone into these materials, and what you can do with them now. This is going to be a fun series to follow.

Short and sweet and with a great visual aid...love it. Well done!

I had no idea that the properties were changed by the duration in the oven. I always thought it was just chemical additives.

Great video. Really looking forward to following along and gaining some, obviously, much needed knowledge.

I had no idea that the properties were changed by the duration in the oven. I always thought it was just chemical additives.

Great video. Really looking forward to following along and gaining some, obviously, much needed knowledge.

The entire series is really going to break down everything for people.

Incredible, I never knew thats how carbon fiber is made.

So, I really didn't put a ton of thought into how the carbon fiber properties could be altered in the heating process. Love that Tom was able to give us a bit of depth and show us the pre-treated material.

I think this series is awesome, and I hope more eyes get on it soon. Thanks again to Tom and THP for bringing it to the homepage and forum for our digesting!

Back