Nike pushing for tights on the PGA Tour?

Had honestly never heard euro shorts before.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm just glad he didn't call them Canadian shorts. This thread makes me want to go to Sport Check.

Right now it looks silly to me but sometime new things give off that appearance.

I cant wait to see Carl Petterson in these...

It really seems to be a European thing, it is also big in Brazil and seems to be big with the football / rugby fans and I am talking about fearsome looking dudes of all ages that you would not snicker at for fear of getting beat down by a mob.

Flip flops and these long a$$ shorts, they actually look comfortable but again you have to have the attitude to pull it off.

I seem to remember Hockey players wearing panty hose back in the early late 60's - 70's under their gear to help stay warm. Maybe that was early UA type of thing or could have been something else entirely and of course there is nothing wrong with that, if that's who you are!

I'm just glad he didn't call them Canadian shorts. This thread makes me want to go to Sport Check.

Haha.
I feel like I should wear them at the Grandaddy. Easy to pick a team since nobody would want to be seen with me, right? :angel:

i would wear them with you at the grandaddy.

It really seems to be a European thing, it is also big in Brazil and seems to be big with the football / rugby fans and I am talking about fearsome looking dudes of all ages that you would not snicker at for fear of getting beat down by a mob.

Flip flops and these long a$$ shorts, they actually look comfortable but again you have to have the attitude to pull it off.

I seem to remember Hockey players wearing panty hose back in the early late 60's - 70's under their gear to help stay warm. Maybe that was early UA type of thing or could have been something else entirely and of course there is nothing wrong with that, if that's who you are!

I have a couple Brazilian friends in the states that wear them and have seen pics of several of a bunch of dudes at the gyms there wearing them.

Haha.
I feel like I should wear them at the Grandaddy. Easy to pick a team since nobody would want to be seen with me, right? :angel:

New Grandaddy requirement - Team THP wear tights. I'm in! :alien:

I'll still tee it up with you guys, but the jokes are writing themselves if you're wearing tights hehe.

Don't worry, my game will be as tight as my leggings :D

I have a couple Brazilian friends in the states that wear them and have seen pics of several of a bunch of dudes at the gyms there wearing them.

I have a pair of 3/4 lengths that I wear fairly regularly. I love em. Now in the last 12 months or so, having learned on this forum that American men like wearing knickers and tights, that I find weird LOL.

I have a pair of 3/4 lengths that I wear fairly regularly. I love em. Now in the last 12 months or so, having learned on this forum that American men like wearing knickers and tights, that I find weird LOL.

You mentioned in another thread that knickers here is different than what you consider knickers...I'm assuming you mean underwear is what you know them as?

Being in the US now, Capris are known as woman pants.

But if you put some tight knickers on under them they are...well still odd. But not as odd as the 1st picture in this thread, I showed it too my wife and she said."you are not buying that" smart woman.

Nope to tights. Nope to high top golf shoes.

This is not growing the game.

As a college basketball coach I hated when guys wore tights because I thought it was just another way to be different. However after doing some research I found that they are actually really good for the athletes. Reduces soreness, helps getting & staying loose, and many other things.
I could totally see why those guys would want to wear them on a course when they have to walk 4 rounds in a row. I would have no problem with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being in the US now, Capris are known as woman pants.

LOL, capris are for women in the UK too. There is a very subtle difference between capris and 3/4 length shorts though (don't ask me what it is LOL).

Okay I went and played in compression pants and shorts today.

1. I often play with compression shorts under my golf shorts and the pants were more comfortable.

2. They kept my legs cool.

3. If you are concerned about sun exposure but want to stay cool the UA Heat gear that I was wearing is a great option.

4. I made them look good.

Now if you are worried about what people think you look like it's probably not for you because for the first half hour you feel like a clown. Be sure to hit a great drive on number 1 so nobody says anything else. Also your friend may make a comment about how you look like you should be on the LPGA.

You should have gotten a matching shirt

This will never be allowed at my club. Maybe if they're black or skin colored but not brighter colors.
They're quite particular here.

This will never be allowed at my club. Maybe if they're black or skin colored but not brighter colors.
They're quite particular here.

You can't wear bright colours at your club?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I just can not imagine watching the Masters with 100 men running around the course in tights. It would look like a bunch of high school kids invaded the course. Just say no to tights.

To me this is sort of like ordering a Bellini at a bar. I'm not even going to try it because I'm scared I might like it.

I'm not for the tights/shorts look.

If everyone is so concerned about growing the game, let anybody wear whatever the hell they feel like.

I feel the beginning of a rant coming on, so I'll leave it at that.

Back