Trying To Break 90 Club

I played yesterday... Quit keeping score after 7 holes. It was that bad. Worst round I've had in years. Craziest thing? Might have been the best day with the driver I've ever had. Everything else a disaster though.
Shake it off and focus on the positives like that Driver.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

After today's debacle I am planning on the range Friday before the practice round at RNK with some of the RR guys. I need some solid practice time, I need to devise a practice plan this week.

Another round over 90 for me... Shot a 91 at Kings Links in Delta BC. Winds were up in the 20-30 kmh range and the course was aerated last week so I will gladly take the 91. My friend who usually play in the low/mid 80's at that course played a 94.

Best score of the year so far with an 87(42/45). Everything was inconsistent except the short game. 28 putts and it wasn't cause I putted great but was leaving myself tap-ins. 6 FW, 2 GIR.

Nice. A solid short game can make for a good score.

Nice. A solid short game can make for a good score.

you are so right!

I played saturday, hit the ball pretty much the same as thursday but lost a ton of shots on the greens, 3-4 3 putts and two 4 putts on route to a 102... I need to get my sh*t together

you are so right!

I played saturday, hit the ball pretty much the same as thursday but lost a ton of shots on the greens, 3-4 3 putts and two 4 putts on route to a 102... I need to get my sh*t together

I hear you man. I stunk it up yesterday but stopped the pain after 9 holes and a sweet 49. Fat shots and hard blocks left were just some of the highlights. Hitting the range Friday just to get a little practice in

I hear you man. I stunk it up yesterday but stopped the pain after 9 holes and a sweet 49. Fat shots and hard blocks left were just some of the highlights. Hitting the range Friday just to get a little practice in

I can't wait for the ranges to open around here, the only one that is open has half of his balls cracked. I went there a few times, and I was starting to think my normal ball flight was a knuckleball LOL.

I can't wait for the ranges to open around here, the only one that is open has half of his balls cracked. I went there a few times, and I was starting to think my normal ball flight was a knuckleball LOL.

Yeah, I need to force myself to go to the range and practice. With time at such a premium for me if I get the chance I always go play. The place I go for a range has a chipping area and a decent putting green. It sounds crazy but I am excited to get some practice in...

Yeah, I need to force myself to go to the range and practice. With time at such a premium for me if I get the chance I always go play. The place I go for a range has a chipping area and a decent putting green. It sounds crazy but I am excited to get some practice in...
Do you have a net or room to hit a birdie ball in your yard?
I'm not a huge fan of nets or even domes for that matter because it's hard to know what the ball flight would have been but you can at least get swing reps and take some video to look at which helps sometimes. That and do some chipping into the bash bros. baby pool :)

Do you have a net or room to hit a birdie ball in your yard?
I'm not a huge fan of nets or even domes for that matter because it's hard to know what the ball flight would have been but you can at least get swing reps and take some video to look at which helps sometimes. That and do some chipping into the bash bros. baby pool :)

Yeah that's a good call. I definitely have the room. Maybe the Bash Bros can shag balls for me haha

Yeah that's a good call. I definitely have the room. Maybe the Bash Bros can shag balls for me haha
I bought a bunch of birdie balls, if you want to try them shoot me a PM and I'll send you a few.

I bought a bunch of birdie balls, if you want to try them shoot me a PM and I'll send you a few.

Cool. Thanks buddy

It is just crazy one weekend I go out and shoot plus 3 38 with a birdie and have confidence in my game and swing. Then the next weekend it is a difference of 11 shots and total lack of confidence. Very frustrating... Now I am hoping I don't embarrass myself this Saturday with the Regional Rivalry guys, this sucks just like my stupid Avi.

Another round of stuggles yesterday. I hit some good shots, some terrible ones, I think I have all the tools to get back under 90, I just need to clean it up a bit.

I will get some practice time this weekend, focus will be on ball striking consistency, short game and putting.

Another round of stuggles yesterday. I hit some good shots, some terrible ones, I think I have all the tools to get back under 90, I just need to clean it up a bit.

I will get some practice time this weekend, focus will be on ball striking consistency, short game and putting.

Those approach shots still giving you trouble? Me too, only hit 2 GIR last time out. I know a good short game can bale you out but I really want more GIR per round.

Those approach shots still giving you trouble? Me too, only hit 2 GIR last time out. I know a good short game can bale you out but I really want more GIR per round.

0 GiR yesterday night, that is embarassing.
the problem comes from all parts of my game really. I never have less than a 5 iron into the green for a GiR attempt, other than short par 3s and 5s. I need to figure out my distance issues (casting) and driving consistency, you cant hit a GiR from the wookds or the bottom of the lake.

the Irons... I keep thinning them like a champ, and casting makes me hit a 7 iron 130 yards... it sucks.

I can't hit a wedge shot, I need to practice that a lot

lag putting is terrible, I find a way to thin my lag putts every time I am over 30 feet or so, which always leaves me for a long second putt, which often leads to 3 putts.

on short putts, I lack confidence and have the yips..

golf is hard!

0 GiR yesterday night, that is embarassing.
the problem comes from all parts of my game really. I never have less than a 5 iron into the green for a GiR attempt, other than short par 3s and 5s. I need to figure out my distance issues (casting) and driving consistency, you cant hit a GiR from the wookds or the bottom of the lake.

the Irons... I keep thinning them like a champ, and casting makes me hit a 7 iron 130 yards... it sucks.

I can't hit a wedge shot, I need to practice that a lot

lag putting is terrible, I find a way to thin my lag putts every time I am over 30 feet or so, which always leaves me for a long second putt, which often leads to 3 putts.

on short putts, I lack confidence and have the yips..

golf is hard!

You must need to play in 30s and windy more because when we played, your driver was money. I think you got it in you. You've got a great swing. I know for me, more of my issues are mental, specifically focus. That's a tough one to practice.

You must need to play in 30s and windy more because when we played, your driver was money. I think you got it in you. You've got a great swing. I know for me, more of my issues are mental, specifically focus. That's a tough one to practice.

it was money, but my longest of the day was still 213 yards downhill donwnwind....

it was money, but my longest of the day was still 213 yards downhill donwnwind....

BS! Your drive on #1 was longer than that, lol!

This is me also. Last round first hole, terrible tee shot, hit 8 iron get get out of trouble then I have a look at the green with 9 iron and hit it fat. After the fat shot left with a wedge and leave it short. I make triple on the hole and mentally I am done. It was so hard to recover after that first hole that I should have just walked off the course haha

Like Moose said, how do I practice the mental side? I haven't figured that out yet. I know I can hit the shots but the consistency isn't there yet for me.

This is me also. Last round first hole, terrible tee shot, hit 8 iron get get out of trouble then I have a look at the green with 9 iron and hit it fat. After the fat shot left with a wedge and leave it short. I make triple on the hole and mentally I am done. It was so hard to recover after that first hole that I should have just walked off the course haha

Like Moose said, how do I practice the mental side? I haven't figured that out yet. I know I can hit the shots but the consistency isn't there yet for me.

You, Marty and I need to find a way to get out for a round.

You, Marty and I need to find a way to get out for a round.

I know. Just throwing this out there but I am not opposed to driving up that way and we could all meet somewhere in NY or Northern PA... Let's start work shopping this one. Sometime in the Summer

nope, I GPS'd it, 213 yards

I believe you. I hit what I thought was a good long drive last round in decent conditions and it was barely 240 :)

I know. Just throwing this out there but I am not opposed to driving up that way and we could all meet somewhere in NY or Northern PA... Let's start work shopping this one. Sometime in the Summer

We're talking about getting a weekend of golf together in August or September. Check out the WNY thread. Gonna open it up to THP once the details are ironed out.

Back