Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering selling the G30 after putting the Cleveland Classic 310 back in the bag. With a 290 arriving within the next few days, it will be an interesting battle.

I walked around with Smylie Kaufman in Mexico and he was KILLING a 290.

I can't talk myself into any new clubs. It's depressing.

XR16 Pro and JGR. Two totally different drivers but for me both performed well everytime I hit them on the course and range.

JGR just gets up and goes and was easy to hit.

xR16 pro feel great, sounds great and was absolutely crushed on the range and the couple times on the course

I am thinking of getting a driver fitting this week. I just feel I need a little forgiveness off the tee, then what I have. I have hit few drivers already and like the M2, XR 16 and G 30. I will go into the fitting with open mind.

after reading some of the club clash reviews, I want an F6

Just to contribute to the earlier conversation: I really liked the M1, and hated the M2. The M1 is more adjustable, has a better sound/ feel IMO, and I believe a bit heavier swing weight, which helps to feel the head throughout the swing better. I hit the M1 further, straighter, and immeasurably more consistently. All in all, I think the M1 is miles ahead of the M2. Obviously, YMMV

Those couple of range swings get you thinking?
Haha and the fact I pounded it on course for 18 (2 separate 9s). Driving #1 on ocean course to kicking range was the icing on the cake

For sure I am not a fan of the m2 but like the m1 a great deal. Many others are the opposite. Not sure if I have heard one person that has liked both yet

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I liked both after I used each head on the same shaft. The M1 was more powerful while the M2 made up in forgiveness for what it lacked in pure power. I felt like the sweet spot on the M2 was 2/3 of the clubface. There were a few guys who liked it better once shaft was swapped on the range.

Im pondering Kang's XR16 Pro head since he will have a M2 very soon :alien:

What shafts were being tested in the heads? Fuji pro 60s or rogue silver?
The M2 had a Fuji Pro 60S and the two M1's had Rogue Silver 110 - 60S 3.4 and a Kuro Kage 60X.

I hit the Kuro Kage in both heads and the M2 was much better with the kuro kage. I didnt like it at all with the Fuji Pro

Haha and the fact I pounded it on course for 18 (2 separate 9s). Driving #1 on ocean course to kicking range was the icing on the cake
Oh man, I didnt know that you were handling that thing all weekend! I played it a bunch on the front 9 yesterday and really liked it alot.

Then the missiles started coming from the M1 and I never went back

Want to swap out the CTaper 120's for something a little lighter. Really looking at CTaper Lite's.

Im pondering Kang's XR16 Pro head since he will have a M2 very soon :alien:

i want his whole setup. I was pleasantly surprised how well I hit it with the 6.5 hzrdus yellow. It's took my ponder real high on the XR16 pro. I was hitting it extremely well on the range and the course.

Let me put this here because I dont know where else to post it. This has nothing to do with THP, and certainly not Club Clash. I was sent a question and wanted to respond as someone read it elsewhere and wanted the correct information.

Spin does not change on drivers from person to person. It can change drastically swing to swing. However a club is a club. Seeing someone that knows nothing convince someone else that a driver should be avoided because its high spinning and unforgiving when its completely factually inaccurate is tough because it limits what a golfer will try.

I love opinions in golf. I love that the subjective side of equipment is emotional, its fun and even the objective side can change in a persons' hands due to their swing. Its what makes events like this past weekend so awesome, and what makes this community here even better, because everybody has a voice and everybody wants real information. Not some ******** that gets pedaled as fact when its not even close to accurate.

End rant, enjoy your pondering everybody and I cannot reiterate enough, this has nothing to do with THP, a THPer or anything else. Someone emailed me a question because they thought the info they were getting was false.

I am going to go hit the M1 and M2 head to head. Same shafts...so curious

I am going to go hit the M1 and M2 head to head. Same shafts...so curious
I think you ll find the effort worth your while. It came down to power vs accuracy and forgiveness with the same shaft for me. I had some good misses with the M2 that barely flew offline with minimal distance loss. I was impressed

M1 or GBB because of this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I walked around with Smylie Kaufman in Mexico and he was KILLING a 290.

Great club. Can't wait test them side by side.

Hit my JGR against the M1 and M2. The TM drivers both had the HZRDUS 65g 6.5 shaft. The JGR had the Fubuki ZT 60x

4ee1d1fa23fca020258dd195ecb6f20e.jpg

Hit my JGR against the M1 and M2. The TM drivers both had the HZRDUS 65g 6.5 shaft. The JGR had the Fubuki ZT 60x

Looks to me like the M1 dominated.

Looks similar to what we were seeing this weekend. M1 really shined, JGR, almost good, and the M2 not really keeping up performance wise.
Glad to see you do this X. Man. Something to think about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back