Most Common Golf Course Names

3 of the next 4 venues on our tournament schedule are at 'Ridges'; Windmill Ridge, Silo Ridge, and Buffalo Ridge. We just play 16 events each season. We had a pair of "Hills' and a pair of 'Oaks' this season too, and a 'Hidden Valley' for good measure.

I once booked a round online at Red Hawk only to discover when I got on the course that I mistakingly booked for a course in Mexico

I was thinking about this today as I saw another Quail Hollow golf course (I think there are a handful of them). What is the most common golf course name? Why the lack of originality? Google search led me to a number of thoughts. Rolling Hills appears to have a lot. Counting was over 3 dozen before I quit looking.

What do you think? Any others that are used way too often?

I grew up on a little 9 hole course called Rolling Hills. There was another course named Rolling Hills an hour way lol

xx Brook is pretty popular (three of the five Somerset County courses are Quail Brook, Spooky Brook, and Warrenbrook) and Beaver Brook isn't too far away either.

This is something I wonder about. Golf courses seem like something that could really have a cool name, but so many of them get real crappy names like Pinewood or something that is just so bland. I want more interesting names. Myrtle Beach has 100 golf courses and none of them have a good name. We need more like these IMO:

Purgatory
The Dormie Club
The Hideaway

Red Tail

The one in OHIO can’t be half as good as the one in Devens

“Meadows” and “Hills” come to mind. I can think of a decent amount around me with one of those.

Mill Creek...Stoney Creek...etc.

The Tradition

just go to Google and search "The Tradition at"

*animal name* *terrain feature* is the most common course name. Anytime I come across Animal Name Terrain Feature golf course, I just don't anticipate having a particularly memorable experience.

That’s funny, mainly because the top two courses within 40 minutes of me are Eagle Creek ( Norwalk OH, and Deer Ridge (Belleville OH). At least public courses anyways.

Back