Most Common Golf Course Names

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this today as I saw another Quail Hollow golf course (I think there are a handful of them). What is the most common golf course name? Why the lack of originality? Google search led me to a number of thoughts. Rolling Hills appears to have a lot. Counting was over 3 dozen before I quit looking.

What do you think? Any others that are used way too often?

not really a common name, but I think an averaged name for an average course would be something like Canyon Ridge Meadows Golf & Country Club

Canyon Ridge Springs

Ridge Hills Links

Not an entire name, but the use of the word “links” in the name when it’s not a true links style course. There are at least three courses in the province that are referred to as links and are definitely not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*animal name* *terrain feature* is the most common course name. Anytime I come across Animal Name Terrain Feature golf course, I just don't anticipate having a particularly memorable experience.

We have 2 Sleepy Hollow golf courses within 40 miles. Plus, based on searching, seems like there are a lot of others around the country.

*animal name* *terrain feature* is the most common course name. Anytime I come across Animal Name Terrain Feature golf course, I just don't anticipate having a particularly memorable experience.

Wolf Creek
Zebra Stream
Goldfinch Brook
Dog River

• Admin
Not an entire name, but the use of the word “links” in the name when it’s not a true links style course. There are at least three courses in the province that are referred to as links and are definitely not.

I read somewhere that the word hills was used hundreds of times.

I was thinking about this today as I saw another Quail Hollow golf course (I think there are a handful of them). What is the most common golf course name? Why the lack of originality? Google search led me to a number of thoughts. Rolling Hills appears to have a lot. Counting was over 3 dozen before I quit looking.

What do you think? Any others that are used way too often?

Haha theres a Quail Hollow CC / Resort course east of Cleveland. Nice place and good courses...

locally here in northeast ohio I can think of at least 4 different "HILLS" named golf courses....

locally here in northeast ohio I can think of at least 4 different "HILLS" named golf courses....

b7e1a98b82e2f0d4b2f6b89bb73a7491.jpg

Its gotta be something with "Ridge" "Valley" or "Hills" in it.

My home course seems to be a fairly common name.

Eagles Landing in Belton, MO is my course.

I've found other Eagles (or Eagle) Landing courses in...

Ocean City, MD
Orange Park, FL
Ft. Ripley, MN
Happy Valley, OR
Stockbridge, GA
Sevierville, TN

Eagles Nest also seems to be a popular name.

Its gotta be something with "Ridge" "Valley" or "Hills" in it.

So true, I just thought of 3 that I know of within 30 mins of me with "Ridge" or "Hills" in it!

Hidden Valley is one that pops in my head.

The Oaks @ (insert any name)

The Cliffs @ (insert any name)

b7e1a98b82e2f0d4b2f6b89bb73a7491.jpg

Was this wishful thinking on the part of Ohio? I mean it's not the flats of the midwest but it's sure not "hilly" either.

Was this wishful thinking on the part of Ohio? I mean it's not the flats of the midwest but it's sure not "hilly" either.

West of Cleveland it’s pretty flat but south and east it’s pretty rolling.

A lot of "Creeks" here in the Sacramento area, Morgan Creek, Turkey Creek, Timber Creek, Woodcreek, Arcade Creek, etc.

There used to be a "Rolling Greens" around here, bet there are a bunch of those across the country.

This is a great observation. If you ever find yourself in Montana, you can safely assume that there are better options than Buffalo Hill, Eagle Bend, EagleRock, Fox Ridge, Beaver Creek, Eagle Falls, and Deer Park.

Bear Creek. Muni course in Chandler, AZ. I am sure there are others out there

There are quite a few Stonebridge and Greystones.

Pineview, Woodland, Green Meadows

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back