KBS C-Taper Lite Iron Shaft - Review Thread

I've been taking 'winter' lessons and don't have irons right now. The set my instructor lets me use has CTLs in them, and i really enjoy the feel on shots from these. I would strongly consider these when i buy my new irons in January.
Still enjoying mine. Feel and performance is solid for me. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Really want to put a set of these in my CB3s.

I've been taking 'winter' lessons and don't have irons right now. The set my instructor lets me use has CTLs in them, and i really enjoy the feel on shots from these. I would strongly consider these when i buy my new irons in January.

I'm fairly certain the next set of irons I buy will have CTL's in them. I absolutely love what I see out of them and the 110g stiff CTL's feel perfect for me.

It's hard as crap to find these in 5-GW in .370!

What did you play before getting fit into these? All I have ever had was s300s...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the CFS's from Ping. I had S300's before that in my Ping I3+'s.

Didnt even think of that. Great idea.

Did this with my Speedblades, no problem.

Not sure if I want to keep these or not now that I'm definitely going away from the TMs for the PINGs. They are really good shafts, but the CFS fit me just fine. I wish all iron shafts were step-less. These really are cool looking to boot.

Let us know how they feel/play, I have been interested in these for awhile but just haven't had the chance to try them.

I'd never hit them until I tried the new Cobra Forged TEC that come with them stock. I'm a big fan. I have KBS Tour V 110s in my Apexes right now and they compare favorably with those.

How do i choose between kbs tour stiff nd ctaper lite stiff? i have a 7 iron ss at c 80 mph, i am struggling with a quick tempo and some overswinging. my fitter whats to put me in tour stiff but i am thinking if this will be a little on the heavy side end of a round. and then you have the look of the ctaper lites...

is ballflight very different between the two? will 120 grams help my tempo a lot or is it higher risk for fatigue?

heeelp needed....

I didnt notice a huge difference in ball flight personally, but I know others have seen different.

Thanks

Thanks

I didnt notice a huge difference in ball flight personally, but I know others have seen different.

thanks, guess its down to the weight then. Was planning to put them in a set of epon 303 or callaway apex, cant decide..

Hit these in the King Forged tec irons yesterday at the range for the first time. first impressions are a nice penetrating ball flight that gets up quickly and bores through the air. Compared to the matrix program F15 shafts that I have now apex seems pretty close. Maybe a touch lower with the C Taper lights. But the noticeable difference was the launch. The C taper lights have a much more penetrating launch

Last edited:
Reshafted my XR Pros with these today. Can't wait to try them out. A couple more weeks until I head for Arkansas.

Reshafted my XR Pros with these today. Can't wait to try them out. A couple more weeks until I head for Arkansas.

Very nice. DAMN good shafts. Enjoy them!

Really really considering swapping out the CTaper's for the CTaper Lite in the XTD Forged. Want something a bit lighter than the CTapers.

Still loving mine...and my brother just picked up a new set of the Apex CF's with these in them and couldn't be happier.

Really really considering swapping out the CTaper's for the CTaper Lite in the XTD Forged. Want something a bit lighter than the CTapers.

So I'm thinking about taking something off my iron swings. To loose right now going after it and missing WAY too many greens. Coming from a PX 6.5 - does everyone think this shaft will hold up?

ANY thoughts would be appreciated!

So I'm thinking about taking something off my iron swings. To loose right now going after it and missing WAY too many greens. Coming from a PX 6.5 - does everyone think this shaft will hold up?

Ok so a few questions as I've played both.

1. What is your main goal for switching? As a stronger swing player my only initial concerns is these are going to launch higher and possibly spin more.

2. If weight is an issue, have you considered the PXi's?

1. What is your main goal for switching? As a stronger swing player my only initial concerns is these are going to launch higher and possibly spin more.

Partly it's because I found a really cheap iron set on EBay that I've wanted to try. Partly because I feel like I'm slightly out of control for whatever reason right now

I also have somewhat of a natural lower ball flight- so while I've always been fitted in to PX 6.5- I always feel like I have to muscle every single shot.

By natural read lower, somewhat flat and boring. Which is what most people want, and by iron set read new, cheap and on my list for a long time hahaha

Back