Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

I'm not sure what's more impressive, your small wear pattern or the finish holding up. Actually both!!
Haha thanks Rob! Little on the heel side but I'll take it!

Have any of you that have played the SM5's and now the 6's felt like you've seen any difference in ball flight on partial/full shots due to change in CG design?

Have any of you that have played the SM5's and now the 6's felt like you've seen any difference in ball flight on partial/full shots due to change in CG design?
I haven't played a round with them yet but I haven't really noticed much difference. But to be fair I generally try to flight the ball down with wedges and keep the ball lower so I'm not sure I would be a great judge of that but I'll keep an eye on it while I play and report back.

All of a sudden, I want the chrome finish. That makes three different since they were announced. So maybe 50-54-58 one each of the matte black, steel gray, and chrome finishes.

I'm actually doing this exact thing. Ordered the 58 in matte black tonight, will order the 54 in steel gray, and the 50 in chrome to match the rest of my iron set.

Solid club (s) so far, but to be brutally honest my ATV's perform just as well, and better on full shots. Just my take, I know most here didn't care for the ATV's. Would like to get fit for these by a titleist guy _ make sure I am using the best grind.

Attended a demo day today in search of 54 and 58 degree wedges. I tried the Ping Glide, 588 RTX 2.0 CB, SM6, and MD3. I liked them in that order, but it was very close. I can see why each wedge has raving fans. The last wedge I hit the first time around was the MD3, 58-08 C grind and it did everything I asked. Easy to hit, felt good/comfortable, repeatable, forgiving, and plenty versatile on partial shots. It was so good, I actually went inside to order the wedges when I found out I couldn't get a 54 in the C grind. The S and W alternatives just weren't the same, so I ended up with the Glide in 54 WS and 58 ES. They felt almost as good as the SM6, were nearly as forgiving and repeatable as the 588s on full shots, and worked best for me on shorter shots. I liked the SM6 a lot, but it just was not as easy for me to use them on partial swings. Felt very nice, and gave a nice ball flight.

Any thoughts from the guys at club clash that were gaming these? I took a few swings...mostly bad including screwing up a shot with the 58* K grind that was supposed to be impossible to do...but thats a me thing

Any thoughts from the guys at club clash that were gaming these? I took a few swings...mostly bad including screwing up a shot with the 58* K grind that was supposed to be impossible to do...but thats a me thing

I absolutely flushed one on a short game shot during my morning round on Saturday.

Probably a fluke, but 108 yards out and flagged a 56*.

I absolutely flushed one on a short game shot during my morning round on Saturday.

Probably a fluke, but 108 yards out and flagged a 56*.
Yeah im kinda bummed i only took 1 full swing with 1 as well.

I enjoyed them a bit.

I will say the one full swing i did take was from a fairway bunker 60 yards out and i hit the 58 flush to middle back of the green and it spun back which NEVER happens

I feel like I'm getting more green spin-stopping power with my 52 degree sm6. Currently gaming with Nike Golf RZN Tour Black ball.

I played them all weekend. I hit some pitches and chips that had the hop n stop as well as a couple that checked up quicker than I expected. The 54 s grind out of bunkers was good and other than a couple bunkers that had high lips that were more mud than sand I had some issues but the rest were good. On the first hole in the sat round I was able to get a bunker shot from 45 yds to hit and spin on the green.

My three playing partners had these in the bag yesterday and they were lights out. I saw some great action from inside 100 yards.

I enjoyed them a bit.
You were really good with them all day last Saturday. The amount of spin from partial shots were impressive!

Hey dude. So I have 27 holes and probably 5 or 6 range sessions with these and spent a good amount of time with them. To the naked eye I can't really see any differences in flight from the sm5s. As I said before on the course just about every wedge swing I take I'm trying to flight down and flight lower. At the range I took a bunch of swings without trying to flight it down and noticed the same high flight I was expecting and what I got from the sm5s. Without having a launch monitor I couldn't really see much difference at all. Hope this helps.

So got 27 holes and 5 or 6 range sessions with considerable amount of time spent with the wedges. Here's the face on my 54* I'm happy with the wear it doesn't seem to be overly quick. The sole still has the black finish. My 60* is wearing much quicker as I've spent sometime in the practice bunker with it.

978a11d9dda9484e8fb7ff2c571ff559.jpg

Nice pic dude. I love when black wedges start to show a bit of wear myself.

I've been so impressed with my SM6 since I have picked them up. To me wedge game is about 90% confidence and these have immediately inspired a ton of confidence and early on I'm pitching and chipping better than I have in a LONG time with these babies!

Nice pic dude. I love when black wedges start to show a bit of wear myself.

I've been so impressed with my SM6 since I have picked them up. To me wedge game is about 90% confidence and these have immediately inspired a ton of confidence and early on I'm pitching and chipping better than I have in a LONG time with these babies!
I couldn't agree more buddy. They really are great sticks.

Ordered a 60 M Grind after my fitting with the Titleist rep today at the demo day at my club. Liked the versatile and feel, had great turf interaction with it.

Ordered it with a C Taper stiff (play X in my irons).

So got 27 holes and 5 or 6 range sessions with considerable amount of time spent with the wedges. Here's the face on my 54* I'm happy with the wear it doesn't seem to be overly quick. The sole still has the black finish. My 60* is wearing much quicker as I've spent sometime in the practice bunker with it.

978a11d9dda9484e8fb7ff2c571ff559.jpg

Why's the wear spot so big numbers????

Why's the wear spot so big numbers????
Tell me about it dude! It's not as small as I'd like that's for sure.

Once again, I seem to be the dissenter in the group lol... I just can't get comfortable with these. Rob (CAA beat) saw that first hand when I chose not to hit the sm6 and went with my TM ATV - night & day difference in results. Probably will put the SM6 up for sale. Disappointing, because they look great and feel better than previous vokey's.

Once again, I seem to be the dissenter in the group lol... I just can't get comfortable with these. Rob (CAA beat) saw that first hand when I chose not to hit the sm6 and went with my TM ATV - night & day difference in results. Probably will put the SM6 up for sale. Disappointing, because they look great and feel better than previous vokey's.
Its the beauty of options dude, different strokes, different folks. Rock what works.

e986132d8c04ed8716329be3e412a658.jpg
this little guy showed up today!!

Back