The Official 2016 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I don't recall a team trading up from so deep to #1. I think the Titans made out big time in this deal.

The Rams trolled the Redskins for their deal and they go and make this one hahaha. I hope this cripples their team for years.

Wow the Titans drop all the way down to 15 but get the Rams two 2nd round picks this year and their 3rd round pick plus the Rams 1st and 3rd next year

Sounds like what happened when they swapped spots with the Redskins. They better hope whoever they're targeting pans out.

Do they really want the QB from North Dakota State that bad?

Wow the Titans drop all the way down to 15 but get the Rams two 2nd round picks this year and their 3rd round pick plus the Rams 1st and 3rd next year

1giphy%204_zpsawk2iypb.gif

Do they really want the QB from North Dakota State that bad?

Tons of rumors out there, but the last one I read suggested they may be targeting a tackle

These trades rarely work out well for the team trading up. Only time will tell!

Tons of rumors out there, but the last one I read suggested they may be targeting a tackle
Then that would make this this most stupid trade in history. My hunch is Goff, the most play-now ready QB (and even as a Cal fan I'm not convinced he'd be worth this ransom).

I think the Titans made out in this deal. The question is who do the Rams want so bad at 1
That's what I was thinking, is there someone that good at the top you needed to give up that much to get???

Looking forward to see who the Titans look to at 15. They could look to move back up with all of those picks.

Then that would make this this most stupid trade in history. My hunch is Goff, the most play-now ready QB (and even as a Cal fan I'm not convinced he'd be worth this ransom).

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Hell, even Wentz or Goff at 1 is a bit of a reach IMO but I'm sure one of them will be headed to LA.

Hmm, we shall see. I watch more Cal football than any sane person should. And I'll say this, when Aaron Rodgers came out I knew he was a superstar in the making; he had all the tools and that elusive "it" factor. I would have bet my house on it with AR. With Goff you can check all the boxes for the things you want in a QB - size, arm, accuracy, intelligence - so I get that a team may love him. But I just don't have that same feeling of certainty here that I had before.

AFC South is actually gonna start being competitive instead of a Colts free pass to the playoffs.

I was listening to a former NFL Exec/Scout and said that the Rams could even use this pick against the Browns by finding out which QB the Browns want, telling the Browns that's the QB they were going to draft (even if they weren't), and then squeeze the Browns for additional picks to make them move up to #1.

I was listening to a former NFL Exec/Scout and said that the Rams could even use this pick against the Browns by finding out which QB the Browns want, telling the Browns that's the QB they were going to draft (even if they weren't), and then squeeze the Browns for additional picks to make them move up to #1.

Isn't that the script from Draft Day?

Hmm, we shall see. I watch more Cal football than any sane person should. And I'll say this, when Aaron Rodgers came out I knew he was a superstar in the making; he had all the tools and that elusive "it" factor. I would have bet my house on it with AR. With Goff you can check all the boxes for the things you want in a QB - size, arm, accuracy, intelligence - so I get that a team may love him. But I just don't have that same feeling of certainty here that I had before.

Imagine my dismay when this Niners didn't take Rodgers

Wow, I think the Rams just set themselves back a few years.

Wow, I think the Rams just set themselves back a few years.

They are a QB away. Solid defense, great running game, etc. if this gets them the player I actually think it's a good move.

They are a QB away. Solid defense, great running game, etc. if this gets them the player I actually think it's a good move.
If the QB pays off I agree, and with the new salary structure they won't have to pay whomever they pick a king's ransom, but you still have to hope they pan out!

No need for football package this year since it appears my Steelers will be on plenty! However, the Colts game landed on Thanksgiving and I have to work so I won't be attending that one.

The Niners apparently have the hardest schedule this year so I'm hoping they at least beat last years record :bulgy-eyes:

I couldn't resist. HIGH LANGUAGE ALERT on this video so if at work turn the speakers down! Some language may be offensive to others!!!

Eagles season prediction

Spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back