Snell balls: Am I missing something?

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
What's going on here?
64dced34c106b5eca2ce05712a6ab198.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I would guess ita because MGS ball "tests" that gave Snell such a high rating that Snell sold out overnight. People on Ebay trying to capitalize, the whole supply and demand thing. Snell's website says they are supposed to be back in stock yesterday and shipping soon.

I would guess ita because MGS ball "tests" that gave Snell such a high rating that Snell sold out overnight. People on Ebay trying to capitalize, the whole supply and demand thing. Snell's website says they are supposed to be back in stock yesterday and shipping soon.
Gotcha. Makes sense. I guess I missed another one.

I've got 3 dozen I'll sell for $75 each, lol.

I really like these, and have been gaming them for about a month now. My game has been off, but the balls are spot on.

And every order I've ever done, came with a signed "Thank you" from Dean Snell. That's a nice touch.

Almost any kind of obscure golf equipment will have these random way-too-high prices show up on eBay. I think a lot of that stuff gets priced by some sort of automatic algorithm rather than a person who knows anything about golf.

Golf balls are a special case where the algorithm sees a previous eBay sale of $110 for four dozen Snell balls and misinterprets that as the price of one "unit" of "Snell Golf Ball". So it kicks out a price a few dollar lower than $110 and hopes someone who missed the earlier listing will grab theirs.

Or it could be one jack-leg just tossing out a ridiculous price in case anyone might stupidly click on it. Since eBay listings cost nothing, why not stick it out there and see?

Almost any kind of obscure golf equipment will have these random way-too-high prices show up on eBay. I think a lot of that stuff gets priced by some sort of automatic algorithm rather than a person who knows anything about golf.

Golf balls are a special case where the algorithm sees a previous eBay sale of $110 for four dozen Snell balls and misinterprets that as the price of one "unit" of "Snell Golf Ball". So it kicks out a price a few dollar lower than $110 and hopes someone who missed the earlier listing will grab theirs.

Or it could be one jack-leg just tossing out a ridiculous price in case anyone might stupidly click on it. Since eBay listings cost nothing, why not stick it out there and see?
Yeah, but this is not a one off...
356738fa3f6c4c63a382096fa10a923e.jpg
3aabc7bc184388dd9cf6c5fe3e1c30bc.jpg

Can’t imagine what the yellow Snells go for ?

Competitive, somewhat less than a ProV1 price but nothing outstanding!!

Back