Lynx Black Cat Irons Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good write up Gary! It will be interesting to see how the brand does stateside. These look like a solid entry back into the market.

Great write up!! Interesting they chose the hollow body design for their comeback.

Great review Gary. I owned a set of lynx while in high school and absolutely loved them so I was a little intrigued when I saw them coming back. It is a little disappointing that the quality control is a little sub par.

Great review Gary. I owned a set of lynx while in high school and absolutely loved them so I was a little intrigued when I saw them coming back. It is a little disappointing that the quality control is a little sub par.

This is my concern with them so far. It seems like quality control has been an issue on a couple of these reviews so far. If you are going to come in as a "new" or "reinvented" brand you have to di it 100% right. I am all for more competition, and more companies pushing ideas.

Great write up!! Interesting they chose the hollow body design for their comeback.

They appear to have plenty of other options too. Once they launch the new website we will have way more info.

This is my concern with them so far. It seems like quality control has been an issue on a couple of these reviews so far. If you are going to come in as a "new" or "reinvented" brand you have to di it 100% right. I am all for more competition, and more companies pushing ideas.

I’m really hoping they fix these minor issues. They are super fixable and would go a long way - fewer things to distract from the actual performance.

It IS scary though that they would send something like that out to be reviewed.

Makes you wonder what the masses will receive, as you would assume that these were looked over a little more carefully.

I’m really hoping they fix these minor issues. They are super fixable and would go a long way - fewer things to distract from the actual performance.
What’s crazy is if they didn’t paint the groove lines white it wouldn’t be a issue.

What’s crazy is if they didn’t paint the groove lines white it wouldn’t be a issue.

You hit the nail on the head here. It was discretionary so totally avoidable.

You hit the nail on the head here. It was discretionary so totally avoidable.

Do you think leaving them without the white would have looked better?

It IS scary though that they would send something like that out to be reviewed.

Makes you wonder what the masses will receive, as you would assume that these were looked over a little more carefully.

Eh, I’m not so concerned. It was worth mentioning but my concerns are quite minor in the grand scheme. And these irons were made before the roll out to the US so they might be ironing out the issues on the manufacturing front too.

Do you think leaving them without the white would have looked better?

No, I don’t. The white looks good on 3 (maybe 4) of the 6 irons. It just needs to be consistently painted and it would look good. If done well it looks good. If done inconsistently, it is very noticeable

In short, I prefer the white if done right. If it’s too hard to do right, do without.

No, I don’t. The white looks good on 3 (maybe 4) of the 6 irons. It just needs to be consistently painted and it would look good. If done well it looks good. If done inconsistently, it is very noticeable

In short, I prefer the white if done right. If it’s too hard to do right, do without.

That makes complete sense.

That makes complete sense.

They have an attractive price point and something that delivers solid numbers. Lynx just needs to make sure there isn’t anything visual that people don’t like - don’t give them a reason to dismiss them before hitting.

They have an attractive price point and something that delivers solid numbers. Lynx just needs to make sure there isn’t anything visual that people don’t like - don’t give them a reason to dismiss them before hitting.

That is a good point. I think in the last year we have learned that you either have to be hittable, phenomenal or have incredible marketing. This is where I think they need to improve. They have a PR firm in the US. I haven't seen anything marketing wise yet though. Not even on social media.

I had some paint finish issues with the FW too. They need to tighten those tolerances IMO. I like a white groove at the bottom, like ping has done for years, but I'm not sure Id want that on a black iron. Not nearly as easy to hide imperfections with that combo, just ask Odyssey with the versa line.

That is a good point. I think in the last year we have learned that you either have to be hittable, phenomenal or have incredible marketing. This is where I think they need to improve. They have a PR firm in the US. I haven't seen anything marketing wise yet though. Not even on social media.

I have my opinions on what is going on here but it isn’t too late for them but they need something soon to spark some big interest.

I have my opinions on what is going on here but it isn’t too late for them but they need something soon to spark some big interest.

I tend to agree. There is always time and as we have seen throughout the last few years, lots of club companies are popping up, because access to manufactured products are available.

Bump on a Saturday morning while people are kicked back enjoying their morning beverages and want something to read!

Link is in the OP!

Bump on a Saturday morning while people are kicked back enjoying their morning beverages and want something to read!

Link is in the OP!

Great bump (and here’s another!). I think the whole Lynx trilogy is out now, so read up!

Great bump (and here’s another!). I think the whole Lynx trilogy is out now, so read up!

I’ve got your back brosef! Haha

Halloween day.
Something else is coming from this brand next way that I will be curious THPer feedback on

Back