The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife was not home at the time and I really was at a loss what to do to help this poor woman, just ended up offering a shoulder and that we are there to help them in any way possible.

That is so so so sad Jim. Wow, I cannot imagine. I despise cancer, so very much.

I'm hoping that 3:06 tee time price was a typo. If not I'm waiting 10 mins...
0898a212b084238b36e4d6ecb78b19d0.jpg

#OhioGolf

I get how one can feel gutted after tons of work on something only to hear someone else could have done it better. I just wanna have fun and play golf. What happened to the days of that?

I get how one can feel gutted after tons of work on something only to hear someone else could have done it better. I just wanna have fun and play golf. What happened to the days of that?

I need you to get better faster dangit

I like to have fun

Yesterday my neighbors wife came by (he is also our AC tech) and told me he was feeling bad last week and stopped by the Doctor to get checked out. He was told after some test he is stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer and has about 6 months to live. I was floored, he is in his 40's and was what I would have thought great shape.

Just goes to show you that you never know, try to live well and enjoy your time on this rock. It can be taken at any time.

That is terrible and for men in our 40's+ should be something we try to catch early. Was he having routine physicals done every year? Even having PSA's done can help catch that early. Thoughts are with him.

I am going back and viewing threads and videos from previous events. Right now I am working through the 2013 Morgan Cup. Long recap videos, but so much fun to watch. I love the 1st tee introductions so I know who I am watching. And the courses are, for some strange reason, particularly interesting to me. :hello:

I'm hoping that 3:06 tee time price was a typo. If not I'm waiting 10 mins...
0898a212b084238b36e4d6ecb78b19d0.jpg

#OhioGolf

10 mins, you only have to wait 8! Is that a cow pasture? $10 is silly

You know what sucks? It's impossibly easy to get sucked into nonsense and have a bad outlook on things. Especially when everything isn't on the table. Eff that. It's all fun from here on out. Bring negative crap around me, I'm squashing it. If I'm the negative crap, I'm squashing myself hahaha

It's time for an era of fun in this world.

I am going back and viewing threads and videos from previous events. Right now I am working through the 2013 Morgan Cup. Long recap videos, but so much fun to watch. I love the 1st tee introductions so I know who I am watching. And the courses are, for some strange reason, particularly interesting to me. :hello:

GOod one to start with, that was a great event

10 mins, you only have to wait 8! Is that a cow pasture? $10 is silly

Nope pretty decent course. Think I'm booking just to get a quick round in.

Not gonna lie, I actually have those vids on my desktop for rewatching... And I want even a participant!

I don't think he was a regular going to the Doctor type of guy, he has a AC Business with his young sons and I doubt he had the time to do it. He is a fit, thin guy that spends his time in very hot attics in Florida and eats right, no smoking or drinking. And to add to the terrible news their Insurance Company is refusing to pay for the test he took to find out this awful news.

Just shocking, Cancer sucks, took my mom and I am dealing with the Skin Cancer crap and have blood test every 3 months just to stay ahead of this kind of sh!t.

I know it is the raving of an old guy, but you young guys need to take care now when you can. After 40 and definitely after 50 you pay for all your youth mistakes, like not using sunscreen and getting checked out regularly.

It has me so shook I told the wife if I wasn't lucky enough to be in the Ben Hogan Event I would be ordering a new APEX 16 Combo set today, if you want to enjoy something you better do it now. Tomorrow you could get news like that and wish you did.

That is terrible and for men in our 40's+ should be something we try to catch early. Was he having routine physicals done every year? Even having PSA's done can help catch that early. Thoughts are with him.

I don't think he was a regular going to the Doctor type of guy, he has a AC Business with his young sons and I doubt he had the time to do it. He is a fit, thin guy that spends his time in very hot attics in Florida and eats right, no smoking or drinking. And to add to the terrible news their Insurance Company is refusing to pay for the test he took to find out this awful news.

Just shocking, Cancer sucks, took my mom and I am dealing with the Skin Cancer crap and have blood test every 3 months just to stay ahead of this kind of sh!t.

I know it is the raving of an old guy, but you young guys need to take care now when you can. After 40 and definitely after 50 you pay for all your youth mistakes, like not using sunscreen and getting checked out regularly.

It has me so shook I told the wife if I wasn't lucky enough to be in the Ben Hogan Event I would be ordering a new APEX 16 Combo set today, if you want to enjoy something you better do it now. Tomorrow you could get news like that and wish you did.

That's what I was thinking and it's sad to hear you say that he didn't have time to get physicals. Pancreatic cancer can be treated if caught early and it pains me to hear those that get it and didn't have check ups to check for it early on.

So I switched back to Chrome today from Safari and it was like "Hello Friend". It is SOOOOOOO much better than that piece of garbage Safari in terms of speed, ease of use, etc.

So I switched back to Chrome today from Safari and it was like "Hello Friend". It is SOOOOOOO much better than that piece of garbage Safari in terms of speed, ease of use, etc.

What in the french fried potato sanguich were you doing using safari?!

What in the french fried potato sanguich were you doing using safari?!

It gets better battery life, so it was worth a shot.
Turns out, it gets better battery life, because it sucks so bad at doing anything with energy.

I was stubborn for the longest time, but yeah, it's wayyy better.

Ignore my drive

It gets better battery life, so it was worth a shot.
Turns out, it gets better battery life, because it sucks so bad at doing anything with energy.

I was pretty sure that Chrome does a couple things to dog the battery life a bit, but that works incredibly well for fast page views. I'll take the less-than-perfect battery life for actual speed any day.

Man Jim that is horrible. As you said one day you're thinking life and family is great, then bam a blow right to the gut. Positive thoughts and prayers out to him and his family

After a solid round of golf yesterday I just want to leave work and play again today. I haven't been this excited about a golf season in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back