The Rule You Intentionally Disobey the Most?

I've done all of the above. Of those, the ones I do most are posting solo scores, moving the ball away from visible tree roots and rocks, out of a divot or muddy area, and dropping for OB. On the green, I usually putt with a clean ball. It's the same as I played tee to green but I hate dragging around a towel.

I refuse to take a drop at my knee. Take a ball, drop it how you want and play on.

Posting solo rounds & OB drop.

My League rounds are played by the book.
Casual rounds we'll sometimes offer relief from divots and give/take short gimme putts.

OB, we just play everything as red stakes.

Easy to repeat treat everything as red stakes, breakfast ball on 1st tee, root rule, etc.

Using slope on my rangefinder.

Lost ball. Our group often creates imaginary red stakes if we lose one. Drop a ball using your best estimate for the location, add a stroke, and keep moving.

OB as hazard. Drop and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ob rules is the number one, i will drop close to where it went out no closer to the hole. The other would be logging solo rounds. I play a lot of my rounds solo so its hard for me to post rounds for my handicap.

OB, drop close to line where it went OB and move on.
The drop rule, why do we need to drop from the knee?

log solo scores, and Lost ball. Drop a ball using your best estimate for the location, add a stroke, and move on.

Posting solo rounds, OB as a lateral hazard, and never measure where to drop by club lengths, just drop in the general area. There are more, depending on who I'm playing with, but those are the big ones.

$3 tip to the club cleaner guy...usually $5 $10...$20 for 4+ birdies or nice club comments since they know...lol

Lost ball, using assumed area and taking a drop.

Probably either lost ball or just dropping incorrectly. Usually just toss it in the grass and carry on during a casual round. Won't hesitate to post a solo score though.

OB rules. I usually just take my drop in the area it went out.
This is ours... consistently. Haha

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

It's always the same 4-some I play with, they are all causal rounds (we don't log scores) and we don't play for money.... and these rules apply to all 4 of us equally

The #1 rule we disobey the most
1) Everything is a red stake, drop close by, take a drop shot, carry on (we are welcome to hit a provisional off the tee though...., 3 off the tee :) )

Some of the others are:
2) Fairway divots are not to be played out of :)
3) 1 Mulligan per round (we never do range warm ups, so cut us some slack)
4) balls near trees or roots that seem risky (hurting wrist, breaking club or ball ricocheting), can be moved. No closer to the hole, no super improved advantage...etc etc.....but we don't count a drop shot either. we call this the "we need to go to work tomorrow, common sense and no one is counting or cares about the score anyway" rule

We hit a breakfast ball off the first tee if we want

I see this a lot, especially without any warm up.

Unless I am playing for money, I'll do it here and there for sure. Same with a genuine footprint in a bunker. I'll encourage it be raked and placed.

I see this a lot, especially without any warm up.

Unless I am playing for money, I'll do it here and there for sure. Same with a genuine footprint in a bunker. I'll encourage it be raked and placed.
Nice.

Some courses around town the bunkers aren't prepped or raked so I have a friend who allows the bunker to be raked then the ball placed.

I'll echo OB. We usually drop where it went in and will be hitting 4. Same as 3 off the tee and then your next drive to that location. It penalizes the same if not more, but speeds things up.

Nice.

Some courses around town the bunkers aren't prepped or raked so I have a friend who allows the bunker to be raked then the ball placed.

Yep.

It's not rub of the green to play around someone else's ignorance. As long as it's not tournament or multiple group money play, that's how I'll play.

Golf is fun. Scores are relative to skill. All good in my books.

Log solo scores. I was thinking about this the other day. Why do I need a witness? Has anyone, ever, in the history of golf, gone in and protested a posted score from a casual round, to make sure the other person's GHIN was right? Is there even a process for this? Also, when I am playing a casual round, I keep track of my score. I could not care less what your score is, unless we are playing for money. I tell people all the time "give yourself a 1 on every hole, for all I care"

OB as hazard. Again, casual rounds, who cares?

Rocks, roots, etc. If I can hurt me or the club, I will move my ball a bit. Not worth it.

Actually, there's one I am probably more guilty of.

When I am playing casually, I rarely go out of my way to mark my ball with a sharpie.

ANother one I thought about, I wont hit out of a divot if I'm not playing for money. Its stupid and i just roll it back behind it and go about my way.

Back