Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

OK, enough with this... Let's see what we can pull-off with a few weeks notice...

Saturday, May 14th... We have some vouchers for Hawk's View in Lake Geneva. Only constraint is voucher timing... Can only be used at noon or after on weekends. So, who is up for this? I think we can pull together 6 vouchers ($35, includes greens and cart fees) for this (if others already have vouchers, even better).

Let's hear it!

Clarification: That is 6 vouchers in addition to the vouchers @MSH134, @dhartmann34, and myself will use.
So 3, 3-somes?

So 3, 3-somes?
I'm open to whatever we can pull together, but guessing we might see best case as 2 4-somes, depending on who is available, and willing to drive.

I'll have to see if we're working on the cabin that day otherwise I could likely make it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have to see if we're working on the cabin that day otherwise I could likely make it

Cabin work is dangerous for yourself and your car's health... Go golfing! ?

Really? .....you can work on cabin anytime next winter

Are we still going to try to hit Bowes Creek on May 16th?

I think that was the original plan - hadn't thought about it, recently. LOL.

Going to call out Byron soon and when we play he's going to lose the border battle! And it won't be at Blackstone!

Let me go find my boots so the shaking can commence.
Both of the purposed May dates for gathering s are hard no's for me. Do not let that deter the rest of you. Our schedule is pretty packed.

OK, for the weekday at Bowes Creek, I've had some stuff come up at work, so trying to fit this in still. Dhartmann and I are looking at Monday, 16-May.

One of the goals is to get in as many rounds as possible, pace-of-play dependent. Dare I say 54+ holes?

My buddy and I are still in for bowes 16th

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

OK people let's get some people from the area to play some golf soon the season is upon us

Figured I would take a minute to finally introduce myself. I have been lurking for a few weeks reading all the threads. Names Jim from Buffalo Grove. I also have a summer home in Bristol, Wi right on the state line so I'm able to cover a decent area to play with ease! I just got back into golf after about 10 years off. I learned to play about 17 years ago when living in Dallas and working for Hank Haney. I have been out the last two weekends and really learned that golf isn't like riding a bike. I used to be a consistent upper 70's golfer and now I am no even close to that but it will come with practice! Loving the forums so far and look forward to getting more involved!

Figured I would take a minute to finally introduce myself. I have been lurking for a few weeks reading all the threads. Names Jim from Buffalo Grove. I also have a summer home in Bristol, Wi right on the state line so I'm able to cover a decent area to play with ease! I just got back into golf after about 10 years off. I learned to play about 17 years ago when living in Dallas and working for Hank Haney. I have been out the last two weekends and really learned that golf isn't like riding a bike. I used to be a consistent upper 70's golfer and now I am no even close to that but it will come with practice! Loving the forums so far and look forward to getting more involved!

Welcome, hope to see you out amongst the Chicago group here. Its a really friendly bunch of guys. I am from Bartlett but play all over the area... Blackstone in Marengo, check it out.....:act-up::act-up::act-up: Nice to meet you and you picked a nice place on the net to hang out THP rocks!

Hey don't listen to that LordByron guy...He doesn't know what he is talking about :alien: Hahaha just playing! Very Nice to meet you Jim! I am from Villa Park but my family has a lake house up in Burlington, WI so I get to play up there over the summer! You will really enjoy THP! Hope to get a group of guys together over the summer.

So what's the deal? No one has decided to join us on our Hawk's view offer?

So what's the deal? No one has decided to join us on our Hawk's view offer?

I'm guessing its a reflection on your personalities.... :alien:

I have 3 separate family things I have to do on that day so it is a hard no for me. I would encourage anyone else who is thinking about this to jump in with these guys, they aren't that bad to play with really.

Hawksview is a lot of fun. some really neat golf holes and a ton of value.

I'm guessing its a reflection on your personalities.... :alien:

I have 3 separate family things I have to do on that day so it is a hard no for me. I would encourage anyone else who is thinking about this to jump in with these guys, they aren't that bad to play with really.

Hawksview is a lot of fun. some really neat golf holes and a ton of value.
Darn my personality....

Anybody interested in playing 36 at Lawsonia in beautiful green lake Wisconsin on August 3rd with some fellow THPrs? Idea is to play both courses (links/woodlands). Icey will be in from Neb

I'm not a big forum type personality.But would still love to meet some of you guys.Unfortunately my classic car shows will be starting full speed next weekend.So golfing for me is mid week late morning-early afternoonish.Already have a diverse group I joined up with.But willing to meet some new golfers as well

Anybody interested in playing 36 at Lawsonia in beautiful green lake Wisconsin on August 3rd with some fellow THPrs? Idea is to play both courses (links/woodlands). Icey will be in from Neb

I will be in Michigan.... I am going to play that course eventually. I swear. ha. I think I will just play 36 on the "links" though

Welcome aboard

Welcome, hope to see you out amongst the Chicago group here. Its a really friendly bunch of guys. I am from Bartlett but play all over the area... Blackstone in Marengo, check it out.....:act-up::act-up::act-up: Nice to meet you and you picked a nice place on the net to hang out THP rocks!
Yes Blackstone is the bomb

Back