The Rule You Intentionally Disobey the Most?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Many of us have them. For our group it's one of the OB lines played as a hazard. Is there one or several you don't care about and do your own thing?

Log solo scores. IMO the stupidest rule in existence in a game based on honor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play a lot of rounds at a less than stellar course. If I hit a fairway I will improve my lie onto some good grass. I do not give myself relief from trees or other trouble but I will find some good grass nearby to hit from.

OB rules. I usually just take my drop in the area it went out.

Post solo rounds.

Yea OB rules for me as well, if anything it's just easier/takes less time to just drop around where your ball went in.

If on my own or as a double and an empty course we will try and retake some chips or putts after holing out. I think all rules are followed now, but it's only because we grew up playing that way.

Moving my ball from areas that will damage a club. Rocks, tree roots, etc....no reason to risk damaging an expensive club for a casual round.

We hit a breakfast ball off the first tee if we want

Mulligans. If I hit one OB off the tee or top it to where it barely clears the red tees, I will allow myself a mulligan. I never allow myself more than 2-3 per round though.
When Im playing with randoms, if they do the same I usually tell them, "tee up another one if you want, I didnt see you hit it."

Logging solo scores here as well.

Probably OB. I never go back to the tee. Drop take stroke move on

Solo scores, "root rule", one breakfast ball---especially if no range time prior to teeing off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I play a lot of rounds at a less than stellar course. If I hit a fairway I will improve my lie onto some good grass. I do not give myself relief from trees or other trouble but I will find some good grass nearby to hit from.

This ^^^^^

I don't play enough anymore to warrant playing the ball completely down. I'm out to have fun. So if there is a bare lie with rocks or pebbles around or a barren part of the fairway, I will move it to a piece of grass somewhere. I don't play competitively anymore & none of the tournaments or outings I'm ever in require the ball to be down, so .....

Solo rounds for sure. But also lost ball. If I think the ball is lost off the tee, I'll hit a provisional, but if we can't find a ball that's three feet off the fairway, we all just drop with penalty where we think the ball is/should be.

Log solo scores. IMO the stupidest rule in existence in a game based on honor.

Wait, you aren't supposed to log a score if you are playing solo? I have a lot to learn.

I post my solo rounds. I don't play out of divots.

Wait, you aren't supposed to log a score if you are playing solo? I have a lot to learn.

Just forget you heard it haha no one I know abides by that rule.

I post solo rounds. I'll improve my lie in the fairway if I'm in a gnarly divot. I typically play OB as a drop, unless it's obvious from the tee that I'm not going to find it.

The 6th hole at my home course has a road on the right hand side that is OB, for pace of play we normally pull the ball back in play on the 6th hole and take the penalty from there. : )

Depending on depth of divot, I will move it out to just behind the divot.

I definitely will not damage a club, or myself, hitting off of a trash lie near a tree, or washout area.

A Breakfast ball is always allowed.

See every post above.

Hell, who am I kidding? The easier way to do this is list which ones I don't break.

(crickets)

Leaving the course the way I found it.

I leave it in better shape.

Our group always plays the option of two tee shots off the first tee only.

We also just drop in the area of OB instead of re-teeing.

Other then that, we play by most of them.

Back