The Best Root Beer

Its Allen and Wright isnt it? I know Wright is right, but cant remember if Allen is correct.

I had to google it...

Another vote for IBC.

Not a big root beer guy but I liked Stewarts as a kid, they used to have drive-in's in New Jersey.

Barq's, for me. IBC is good, but their cream soda is soooo good that it diminishes their root beer.

Its Allen and Wright isnt it? I know Wright is right, but cant remember if Allen is correct.
yes...But here's the thing.

I googled it to get the year correct, and I saw the Allen and Wright thing and I was stunned. Years ago I worked for Marriott and on our first day of training they told us that Alice and Willard Marriott opened the first A&W Rootbeer stand in Washington DC in like 1927 (that's what I went to look up) Then I saw it was founded by Allen and Wright in 1919. Turns out that Marriott opened one of the first east coast franchises and started serving food in it to have something hot. He then started his own franchise called Hot Shoppes.

But the way the Marriott trainers present it to you, they kind of lead you to believe it was named after Alice and Willard. So as a result I've been telling people wrong for years!! And my hopes of giving everyone here today an interesting new fact has been shattered.

Well we can go with he had the one of the first :D

It's the last place to look for root beer but if you every at a hardware hanks. Hanks root beer is Awesome.

I just had a Diet A&W and it was pretty good, but got me wondering about the best root beers. What is the best to you?

If you can find A&W 10 its pretty awesome.

If we're just talking brands available everywhere, IBC for me. Although the rootbeer on tap at A&W stores is really good too.

the best I've ever had was a small place that I can't even remember where it was, but they made their own rootbeer in house and it was fantastic.
There's a nice brewery in Downtown Iowa City that brews some good stuff, I also remember having red root beer in Columbus, NE, quite.

I grew up getting Sioux City Sarsaparilla from the gas stations when we'd stop on road trips, very tasty!!!

A&W is my favorite.

Without hesitation, Sprecher!

Henry Weinharts is a great root beer. I still prefer to make my own.

I have always liked A&W.

Abita Root Beer
IBC
Sioux City Sasparilla
Are some favs

I like Dad's root beer, but I haven't seen it in a long time.

I like stewarts.. they also still have some stands around where you can get curb service and root beer floats

Hard to beat an ice cold IBC Root Beer.

I have always been partial to IBC or Thomas Kemper.

Regular A&W root beer is the best followed by Hires in my books

Another vote for IBC.

Back