do you break 100 honestly ?

first time I broke 100 I also broke 90, and it was strictly according to Hoyle. These days I am surprised when I break 100 in reverse, but have done it twice recently. Played in several tournaments now and in every tournament I have scored between 90 and 97. Outside of them have gone as low as 83 so it is pretty routine for me.

Yup, I break 100 honestly - bit hard not to play honestly when you play league matches for your club

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Yes, I do

All of my scores are “honest”
Scores

Yes, I do. I keep all of my scores following the rules

I can cheat my way to low 70s any day but I can break 85 pretty much every day with little stress. I’m basically all over the map

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't improve my lie or ignore penalty strokes, but I do sometimes pick up putts within 18 inches or so and I will sometimes pick a ball up after I have reached my ESC maximum score on a particular hole (currently a 7 for me at my club) to maintain pace of play.
If you're a -9.3 handicap, isn't your ESC a double?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes and I pick up short putts and give myself the most likely score. I don't get why people think picking up a 11 inch putt invalidates a round somehow.

But yes I have broken 100 in tournaments, hence the old saying there is golf and tournament golf and they are not the same thing at all. One I follow the rules in strictly the other I play for fun.
The same reason playing "ghsretyvc" would invalidate a game of Scrabble. It's not inline with what the rules say.

The same reason playing "ghsretyvc" would invalidate a game of Scrabble. It's not inline with what the rules say.

Picking up an 11 inch putt very much invalidates a tournament round. Doing it on a random round doesn't mean you don't post that score or post that score + 2 stroke penalty. That would be sandbaggers paradise.

As much as my delicate and fragile ego allows

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you're a -9.3 handicap, isn't your ESC a double?

It would be a 7 on harder course and a double on most I think.

Picking up an 11 inch putt very much invalidates a tournament round. Doing it on a random round doesn't mean you don't post that score or post that score + 2 stroke penalty. That would be sandbaggers paradise.
I can live with that. I just don't listen to others who tell me they "shot a xx" when I know they didn't shoot it legitimately.

I totally get what your saying. With the way the current handicap system set up the way it is you have to count those gimmes to have it closer to reflect reality. Curious to see if the future hybrid system is closer to CONGA or whatever that is based on tournament rounds at which point this won't matter much.

Even with gimmes' and breakfast balls I can't break 100. Right now I'm just learning the game and having fun.

Nope haha

Nope. Never have, never will. I have given up on making a score according to the rules, because I find them pretty ridiculous. Hell, I’ve given up even counting shots anymore. So, I play to hit a nice shot. If someone insists I keep score, I’ll say some random number to get them off my back.

When I break 100 it's honest.

When the guys say to take one Mulligan off the tee for the round, if I do so, the card gets an asterisk by the hole in case it turns into a really good round. Then those two strokes are added back on.

A few times it's turned "98" into 100.

It's just a number, and I know what I did on the course, so lying isn't going to make me feel good.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I legit break 100...heck I legit break 90

...... but that's about as far as I can get.....for now :)

Yep. I break 100 more often than not but every score I post is legit. It's just the way I prefer to play the game. I've got no qualms with how others choose to ignore extra strokes, mulligans, etc. As long as we're not playing for money or as a competition.

Honestly, no. I break rules every time that I play. In theory, very few of my rounds count. That said, I would break 100 nearly every time, save for the occasional Pete Dye course

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Honestly, no. I break rules every time that I play. In theory, very few of my rounds count. That said, I would break 100 nearly every time, save for the occasional Pete Dye course

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Big ole FYF to Dye!

If I finish a round and add up the total score, then I have played completely by the rules ... regardless of the circumstances. I can’t see the point of calculating a final figure if one has taken mulligans, moved the ball to better lies, etc.

If a casual round with friends is going very badly, I might give up scoring and thereafter replay practice shots, or take mulligans, but then I wouldn’t calculate the final score ... it would be both false and meaningless.

My club championship was this weekend. We played the back tees, played the ball down, no gimme putts, 100% by the rules. I shot 75-73 and managed to defend my title, so yes I break 100 legitimately. I play at a very easy course but even on harder courses I’d expect to shoot in the low 80s most days, occasionally a bit higher or lower.

I don't think I'd play golf anymore if I couldn't break 100
I have read only 10% of golfers break 100!

Most golfers don't take it as seriously as most on this board.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sometimes just barely, but yes.

Back