Bridgestone J15 Cavity Back Irons

Over the weekend I was able to get a few rounds in with these which was a good test since I hadn't hit them or any irons in a long time. I originally ordered them with kbs tours since the tour v weren't available but before the season even started LB44 convinced me to put the tour v's in them as this is what he originally suggested back in January. So new irons and shafts Ive never hit in anything and all I can say is wow am I happy! Now I came from J15 DF with CTL and these irons give me a better flight and I'm a club longer than any irons I've hit in years. They do seem to be forgiving for the club they are, I can't say I've hit any on the extreme toe or heel but low on the face happened a few times and I was fine with the results. I can honestly say I love this iron/shaft combo and it's something just a few months ago I would have never looked at. Us short hitters shouldn't be playing lower spin stiff shafts is what I've thought for years but real life testing with these show different. These irons feel fantastic, look amazing at address and are performing exactly how I was hoping they would.
I am always blamed for things ;). Glad they are working for you Gregg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TourV...have to agree. Been in mine from day one and been smiling all the time. Well...most of the time.

Last edited:
I wish I had tour V's

Should have bought tour v's instead of clubs for the girlfriend

Haha probably wouldn't have gotten me the same points at home though

Over the weekend I was able to get a few rounds in with these which was a good test since I hadn't hit them or any irons in a long time. I originally ordered them with kbs tours since the tour v weren't available but before the season even started LB44 convinced me to put the tour v's in them as this is what he originally suggested back in January. So new irons and shafts Ive never hit in anything and all I can say is wow am I happy! Now I came from J15 DF with CTL and these irons give me a better flight and I'm a club longer than any irons I've hit in years. They do seem to be forgiving for the club they are, I can't say I've hit any on the extreme toe or heel but low on the face happened a few times and I was fine with the results. I can honestly say I love this iron/shaft combo and it's something just a few months ago I would have never looked at. Us short hitters shouldn't be playing lower spin stiff shafts is what I've thought for years but real life testing with these show different. These irons feel fantastic, look amazing at address and are performing exactly how I was hoping they would.

Glad you got out and that you have a solid setup for you

I'm having tons of fun with these irons. The sound and feel at impact is as good as anything I've ever hit.

For the first time in a long time, I envisioned a shot in my head and it worked out just like I planned...yesterday I hit my drive on a long par 5 just left in the 1st cut but my 2nd shot was blocked by a huge tree that overhung into the fairway. I envisioned a huge draw starting well right of the tree to wrap back around. Had 256 in. I grabbed a 4i and the ball did exactly that landing me just in front of the green shy by about 25-30yrds. Chipped it to 8ft and made the birdie putt. Would not have been possible if it weren't for that 4i shot. So freaking good!

Man these irons shined last night. Finally stopped hitting the ball fat and was hitting beautiful shots with these all night. sneaky forgiving :alien: and the sound/feel is so good with them. Every time I try another iron I always find myself missing these. Still in love with them as much as I was from the first time I hit them on the range at the Bridgestone Kentucky Invitational last year.

When I saw this thread bumped, i thought for sure it was going to be T2GRN18 posting, given his latest ponder post:D

With every round I play with these irons I just love them more and more. Im hitting shots with flight and distance that I didn't know I was capable of doing. Do I hit some bad shots, yes I'm not a pro but man are the good ones good. I agree with everything that has been said about their forgiveness, for the iron profile I just am amazed at it.

I really wish these bad boys came with a set GW.

I really wish these bad boys came with a set GW.

That would be nice, I bought the Miura wedge for that reason since it's a CB wedge and blends perfectly with the J15s.

Would anyone mind sharing some address pics of these things? Maybe a 6 iron and 9 iron?

I probably would too. I loved the set GW on my Mizunos

held these in hand today. i'm pretty sure i'm going to be buying some at some point just for fun. best-looking iron i may have ever seen.

held these in hand today. i'm pretty sure i'm going to be buying some at some point just for fun. best-looking iron i may have ever seen.

I'm biased, but I may agree with you there.

I've been a long standing supporter of Bridgestone Golf in total, but even more so after their wonderful support of me in the 2015 Morgan Cup. I typically talk to people on a weekly basis about the B330, and in some cases discuss my CB irons. Recently, I had a friend demo my irons, use the Bridgestone test drive program, and then try to buy a set of CBs direct. Turns out, these have been discontinued..

...I wonder if that means they've sold what they've made, and new irons are upon us? Good luck trying to improve on this design, you beautiful club constructors of excellence.

I've been a long standing supporter of Bridgestone Golf in total, but even more so after their wonderful support of me in the 2015 Morgan Cup. I typically talk to people on a weekly basis about the B330, and in some cases discuss my CB irons. Recently, I had a friend demo my irons, use the Bridgestone test drive program, and then try to buy a set of CBs direct. Turns out, these have been discontinued..

...I wonder if that means they've sold what they've made, and new irons are upon us? Good luck trying to improve on this design, you beautiful club constructors of excellence.
Beautiful club construction is an understatement for you. The CB is by far the best iron for your game currently. Can't wait to see what takes it place and how it fits your game.

I finally got around to test hitting these a month ago when I was picking out the 745's and the J15's are super forgiving and easy to hit despite their looks, much like the 745's. I had no idea. Even the 5 iron was great and easy to hit.

I'd say anyone looking to jump on these should, there is plenty of stock around.

well that's disappointing, but I suppose not unexpected from a product life cycle perspective. might need to go ahead and snatch a set soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discontinued?!? Say it ain't so. The last ones were out for a few years, right? That's a quick turn around for Bridgestone.

But like you said; good luck trying to improve on these. If they do, whatever replaces these will be ridiculously good.

Back