Srixon Z355 Driver Review

Its pretty common with more shallow faced drivers for them to be better retention wise laterally than vertically. High/Low are playable, but the dropoff in distance was more pronounced for what I tracked.

It will indeed be there. Hybrid too. Going to get that thread up this evening.
Good to hear, I'd be giving this some swings

Its pretty common with more shallow faced drivers for them to be better retention wise laterally than vertically. High/Low are playable, but the dropoff in distance was more pronounced for what I tracked.

It will indeed be there. Hybrid too. Going to get that thread up this evening.

Thanks. I need to give this some swings. They don't have a demo yet in the store, and I hate hitting taped up clubs. The 545 is great for me when I bring my A game, but it turns out I don't have my A game most of the time. Something easier to hit from Srixon definitely piqued my interest.

So, got a chance to hit the 355 a bit in the store yesterday. It's a fantastic looking head - very clean looking. The thing that really surprised me is how low spin the club was for me. I've been hitting up on the ball more as of late - probably a bit too much on some swings, but I was at 14-15 degrees of launch and was around or just under 2000rpm of spin on the majority of swings. A couple came in crazy low, at 1600 or so. The length at 45" is just about perfect for me, and as James said - you can definitely feel the club through the swing. Though at the same time, the D8 swingweight doesn't feel cumbersome.

I was swinging the 9.5 head with the Miyazaki shaft in stiff - the profile of that shaft was definitely something that agreed with me, as I was squaring up the club well. I'd almost like to pair it with a little bit deeper head, as I found myself missing high on the face a good amount.

I hit this club today. 10.5 head with the regular shaft. Solid club for sure, the first thing I noticed was the extra weight on the head and how that felt going thru the ball on impact. I put up very good numbers and was consistently straight with it. Not the longest driver I hit but the most consistent for sure. They kept the plastic on the club so I am sure if they would have taken that off, it would have been better in that regard. Definitely worth a hit if you are looking for a driver

I hit this club today. 10.5 head with the regular shaft. Solid club for sure, the first thing I noticed was the extra weight on the head and how that felt going thru the ball on impact. I put up very good numbers and was consistently straight with it. Not the longest driver I hit but the most consistent for sure. They kept the plastic on the club so I am sure if they would have taken that off, it would have been better in that regard. Definitely worth a hit if you are looking for a driver

Very nice kb!

I definitely agree, not going to blow anyone's doors off for distance, but I think there is a legitimate group out there that would really benefit from the Action Mass weighting in this one in terms of tempo.

i bought this driver without hitting it, but have recently spent alot of time at the range with the 355. The head weight as claimed seems to appear to make the shaft play a lot more flexible than i thought. I have the stiff shaft in mine but behaves more like a "R". Again, may have to do with the head and shaft pairing. I am finding alot of balls going right with this driver just the same as if i hit a regular shafted driver. The face tends to be open at contact unlike my other drivers with "S" shafts. I normally hit pretty straight and even can produce a draw or hook every now and then but really fighting going right with the 355. My SS is in the low 100's.

Hopefully someone can help me decipher the manual for this thing. Picked up a Z355 ladies HL for my wife. She loves it but I noted she is tending to draw it a bit. Trying to work out what setting will give her 1 or 2 degrees open (assume its by dropping the loft).

Can anyone tell me from this guide if option 5 is the right setting? Seems either sleeve option 5 or 6 is the right one but I just want to ensure I am reading it right... Being HL she isnt fussed losing a degree or two just wants the face slightly open.

http://srixon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/15_SX_Z355_Manual.pdf

2, 5, or 6 will probably work. Try those - given that she's drawing it you might want to try 2, which is slightly less fade biased but also less upright.

Thanks the settings book seems really unintuitive to me...

Thanks the settings book seems really unintuitive to me...

For the 545, I found the matrix of ball height and fade/draw bias is better than the one showing face angle/lie/etc. I love the woods, but the adapter isn't my favorite, though part of it is because they give you such a fine grained ability to tune.

I really wanted to give this one a try yesterday. But it was one of those days where my swing was crap. During the round earlier in the day, driver swing was the worst.

So I wasn't going to put it on display with hundreds of people around watching..:beat-up: Besides I wouldn't have learned anything about it yesterday. Maybe they will have it at the indoor test center.

Put this one in the hands of one of my kids who really tends to get quick and not know where the head is in the swing, and he started putting shots on ropes. He's hitting it REALLY well.

Its a surprisingly nice feeling club to hit. I'd never have really considered Srixon as a serious option but recently tried their irons too and pleasantly surprised.

Getting ready for Club Clash
d189d02c24ac1204f10726dca6765252.jpg

The 355 has eluded me thus far looking forward to trying it out in a few short days

Very nice kb!

I definitely agree, not going to blow anyone's doors off for distance, but I think there is a legitimate group out there that would really benefit from the Action Mass weighting in this one in terms of tempo.
James, do you think it would help someone with quick/aggressive tempo?
Put this one in the hands of one of my kids who really tends to get quick and not know where the head is in the swing, and he started putting shots on ropes. He's hitting it REALLY well.
Has he put it into play? What kind of changes did he see from his previous driver?

James, do you think it would help someone with quick/aggressive tempo?
Has he put it into play? What kind of changes did he see from his previous driver?

I do, because it helped me there.

He has, he's found much more accuracy and control overall. He gets silly quick from the top and the added feeling of weight in the head has helped him there.

I do, because it helped me there.

He has, he's found much more accuracy and control overall. He gets silly quick from the top and the added feeling of weight in the head has helped him there.

Awesome. Thanks James. Can't wait to hear more feedback on these from club clash. Can't find it to swing around here. Just reread the review and my pondering started all over again!

I have one. I like the heavier headweight. For whatever reason, even when I really wipe one it doesn't seem to slice as much as other drivers have for me in the past. And the 4 wood is divine.

This was one I was really excited to hear info about coming from the club clash attendees, and now I want to hit it even more! Just need to find one around here to give a swing to, sounds like a solid setup.

This was one I was really excited to hear info about coming from the club clash attendees, and now I want to hit it even more! Just need to find one around here to give a swing to, sounds like a solid setup.
I really enjoyed this club this weekend.
Fun, higher launching for me and good distance off the tee.
First swing in our afternoon round, I hit this 289. That's really good for me Icey.
I think you might enjoy this one.

The design seemed to work well for lots of guys Friday on the range and I saw good results with it on the course Sat. A few of the guys I played with hit it well too. I found it to be one that had a high ball flight and never saw any issues with ballooning into or with the wind. It was one of the drivers i had fun hitting and is on my top 5 for the weekend.

I took a 10.5 R flex from our rental set out to the range this afternoon for about 40 balls. At first it seemed automatic straight and a good ball flight. Then I put a few lazy swings on it and got the expected bad results. not too much loss of distance but a big push slice and a couple pull hooks. But overall it is a solid driver. It's about a half inch shorter than my current gamer (Nike Fly) and that was noticeable to me at setup being 6'5" I'm guessing that plays into the high balance point of the shaft. I did not notice any of the massive distance gains that it is supposed to provide according to the press release.

I agree with comments JMan made in his initial review, I would call it a mid launch and fairly low spin head. This is a bit surprising to me as I believe the 355 line is supposed to be Srixon's GI or even SGI line. I'll give it another run or two and maybe even an on course trial to see how does in real world conditions.

All these are a bit surprising to me as I believe the 355 line is supposed to be Srixon's GI or even SGI line. I'll give it another run or two and maybe even an on course trial to see how does in real world conditions.

Are their heads out now regardless of category that are high spin?

Are their heads out now regardless of category that are high spin?
Hmmh. I believe you posted something yesterday or todsy that indicates the heads are not high spin, but it's the player. Do I have that correct? If so I guess the answer is, no.

Which is new to me and good to be corrected. As I have always been led to believe there were heads that were higher spinning. But maybe in reailty, based on the misinformation you referenced earlier, that a head isn't really high spin, but will spin more than a "low spin" design that has the high and forward CG

i don't know if I restated that clearly or not. But in short. I guess there are no high spin heads. I just found it odd that a GI line would tend toward the low (and mid) according to JMan's review.

Back