Bowled ok the first two games last night 204, 210 then finished with a solid 163 (ha!) for a 577 series. It's all good though as we took all 3 games plus total for 4 wins. We're still tied for first in the second half, but have the tie breaker with a higher total pin fall. Two weeks left! If we can finish strong we have a shot at winning second half and a chance for the league Championship. We'll see!

One more week of bowling left for me. I had 4 straight weeks of setting my personal low game of the season after completely losing my ability to pick up spares. My average dropped 5 full pins over that span.

Got it back in the second game this week and started bowling more like Im used to with a 169-199-225. Both of the first two games should have been better but I blew the 10th frame in both games.

I have to say that this house is the toughest Ive bowled in. Ive seen some really weird splits come out of some perfect pocket shots for myself and many others. Great to bowl again and the team I joined is a fun group of guys.

Last night was position round and we took all three games. I had a pretty good series. 267/258/189 :sad: for a 714. Could have had a better series as I missed three spares the last game...including an open in the 10th. First game was another potential for a 300....but I ended up Leaving a ringing 10 on my first ball in the 10th....and then proceeded to miss that spare lol.

Team ended up with an 1819 series....which is great considering my other teammates only have 150 and 170 averages.

I just threw 5 strikes in a row during warm up. This better continue!

It didn't hold. lol
171 - 216 - 174 : 561

Was able to follow up my 700 series from last week with a 654. 191, 255, 208

Last night of league bowling is tomorrow. We are 1 game out of 1st. We control out own destiny I guess you might say. We win four and the current 1st place team wins three, we'll tie for wins in the 2nds half of the season, but the tie breaker is total pins, which we are up on them by 5000 pins. So, that's all we have to do! If in any fashion we win the 2nd half of the season, then NEXT week we will bowl for the league Championship against the 1st half winners.

We are in a similar position. We currently are 2nd overall, but we're 1st when it comes to teams on the outside looking in to the roll-off. We have three 12-week sessions and then the highest overall team that does not win a session gets in to the roll-off. We're currently 10 points ahead of the 3rd and 4th place teams with this week and the position round next week to go. All we have to do is win 6 points total over the next two weeks in order to make it.. and that's assuming the two teams behind us go a perfect 8-0 over the next two weeks.

In other news, we had our City Open tourney a couple of weeks ago. Our team finished 3rd and me and my partner won first place in doubles! $60 on a $20 entry!

Last night of league.
212 - 192 - 246 : 650

Well, we won all 4, which was all we could do. However, the team that was 1 game up on us also won all 4, so they won the 2nd half of the season and get a shot at the league Championship.
The part that ticks me off though, the team we bowled last week and split 2 games with, and bowled out of their minds? That's who the team we needed to lose tonight was bowling. Tonight though, that team could come CLOSE to getting their averages. It really felt like they were throwing games. I don't know that for sure, BUT the team we NEEDED to win, their anchor bowler, is the father in law to one of the other teams team member. This guy has a 180+ average and his highest game tonight was in the low 170's.
The first game, they were up by 40 pins going into the 10th frame, it was looking good for us! Then 3 out to 5 of them opened in the 10th!!! They ended up loosing that game by 11 pins! Seriously! They were giving the 1st place team about 20 pins a game, that's how much better they were.
It felt rigged, to say the least....but I don't know that for sure, of course.
Heck, I threw a 650 series, what more could I have done?

Last night was the last week of regular season bowling. We already made the playoff, so it was a fun night. Throughout the year, our team would put in a dollar any time we didn't get our average and with that money, we worked with the snack bar to get every team two appetizers for all 20 teams. They were all very thankful we missed our averages a good bit :)

I had a great series: 181/201/143 - 525. My 5th ever 200 game.

We have the playoff tonight. We face the #1 overall team in a 4 game series and then the two winners will bowl two more games for the championship. It will be a long night. If we lose to the #1 team, we will be pulling for them hard to win it all so we can get the 2nd place money. If not, we're looking at 3rd place money $225 per person. 2nd would be $275 per person, but I think we should just go ahead and win the whole damn thing and get $600 per person lol.

Anyone shooting the Open in Reno this year?

Last night was the last week of regular season bowling. We already made the playoff, so it was a fun night. Throughout the year, our team would put in a dollar any time we didn't get our average and with that money, we worked with the snack bar to get every team two appetizers for all 20 teams. They were all very thankful we missed our averages a good bit :)

I had a great series: 181/201/143 - 525. My 5th ever 200 game.

We have the playoff tonight. We face the #1 overall team in a 4 game series and then the two winners will bowl two more games for the championship. It will be a long night. If we lose to the #1 team, we will be pulling for them hard to win it all so we can get the 2nd place money. If not, we're looking at 3rd place money $225 per person. 2nd would be $275 per person, but I think we should just go ahead and win the whole damn thing and get $600 per person lol.

Then GO DO WORK tonight, Miller! Get you some!

We bowled the #1 overall team in the first series and both teams struggled. It was a 3 game series (someone said 4 the night before and I thought that was weird), but we took all 3! The other two teams split and had to go to a one frame roll off and that was intense and very fun to watch.

So after a 10 minute break, we took on the #2 team. They had two scratch bowlers, a 10 and a 30 handicap. We have 3 bowlers that are right around a 70 handicap and a 50, so we were getting a ton of pins. We absolutely put the beat down on the other team. Won the first game by 44, the 2nd game by 70 and won the 3rd game, but I don't know how many it was by because we were so pumped about winning the whole thing I kinda lost track.

It was a long night, but worth it! We pay $18 per week for 36 weeks and that comes out to $648. As a team, we won $600 per person and I'll be getting about $95 in individual point money, so we actually made money bowling.

And now I'm headed over to the equipment ponder thread :alien:

We bowled the #1 overall team in the first series and both teams struggled. It was a 3 game series (someone said 4 the night before and I thought that was weird), but we took all 3! The other two teams split and had to go to a one frame roll off and that was intense and very fun to watch.

So after a 10 minute break, we took on the #2 team. They had two scratch bowlers, a 10 and a 30 handicap. We have 3 bowlers that are right around a 70 handicap and a 50, so we were getting a ton of pins. We absolutely put the beat down on the other team. Won the first game by 44, the 2nd game by 70 and won the 3rd game, but I don't know how many it was by because we were so pumped about winning the whole thing I kinda lost track.

It was a long night, but worth it! We pay $18 per week for 36 weeks and that comes out to $648. As a team, we won $600 per person and I'll be getting about $95 in individual point money, so we actually made money bowling.

Congrats man!

Wish our league paid out that much. Only won $150 after it was all said and done this year. Haha

I decided, since my doctor told me it was fine, to give it a shot last night since we only had two weeks left. Only a 246-190-216=652 series. One more week to go...and one more shot at a 300!

Congrats! That's a really good pay out! I think we took 3rd overall in the league and got about $35 per person back! lol BUT we only pay $9 a week, so it's chump change compared to what you guys roll for.

I allowed myself to be talked into a team bowling event last night.

1st game: 6 strikes (3 in a row twice) and then opened in the 10th for a 206

2nd game: 6 strikes (3 doubles) and another open for a 212

3rd game: 7 strikes (5 of the last 6) and 2 opens for a 200 on the button.

618 series and almost looking forward to next year.

I allowed myself to be talked into a team bowling event last night.

1st game: 6 strikes (3 in a row twice) and then opened in the 10th for a 206

2nd game: 6 strikes (3 doubles) and another open for a 212

3rd game: 7 strikes (5 of the last 6) and 2 opens for a 200 on the button.

618 series and almost looking forward to next year.

Nice Series!!! Tonight is the last night of my league. We should be 6 points ahead...so hopefully we can defend 1st again for the second straight year!!

It's not a sanctioned league as it's just a work league that we do for fun.....but we clinched 1st place again for the second straight year!!! Ended up with a 205 average, had a couple chances at 300 but it didn't happen this year. Maybe next time!!!

All my gear passed inspection, let's see if I still got it...

c50ed5907eda25bb5ff5612356812af8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck! Roll it well.

let's see if I still got it...

The answer would be a big fat nooooooooo! :banghead:

This was a bucket list item for me, so any showing was important for the memories alone.

The shot was pretty tight, but fair. Unfortunately, the gear I brought simply wasn't set up for the pattern so I was on an island by myself playing 10-5 down and in. Couldn't take advantage of the bump that was created on my pairs. Not an excuse, that's for sure. I see that as a challenge, which is probably why I like 1-ball tournaments so much. Play what the lanes give you. That being said, I had an absolute blast and will be back next year when it's hosted in Vegas. Better armed and better prepared.

f2631a0b55095292826dd678c9da7623.jpg

A little #TBT for the bowling crowd. Above is my father, who recorded the first perfect game rolled in the local house in my hometown. I want to say it was in '77 but I would have to ask him to be sure.

First night of winter league bowling. Haven't touched a bowling ball since may. This should be interesting tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back