Vice Golf - Drive, Tour, Pro and Pro Neon golf balls

Almdudler

Reaction score
Handicap
10.9 EGA
Hello everybody..

So I discovered that a new brand of golf balls were trying to enter the Swedish market so I ordered a "test package" containing a three-pack of each of their models. I just got them today so I haven´t tried them out on the course yet.

Vice Golf is a company that for now only will sell balls online direct to customers. By cutting one part of the supply chain they acheive a lower price.
But to really enjoy the smaller price the order has to be 60 balls / 5 dozens or higher and the shipping costs are more beneficial if you order within Europe.

The balls:
DSC02298.jpg

The ball models and initial feel/thoughts:
Drive - Typical 2-piece distance ball, hard surface as any distance ball.
Tour - 3-piece distance and control ball, feels kind of a bit harder than a regular Titleist NXT Tour.
Pro - 3-piece Spinball, much like the Pro V1 but not as sticky as a Callaway Chrome+.
Pro Neon - Same as Pro in a greenish color with sparkling effect. My thought: Weird choice of color will it get lost on the fairway perhaps?

DSC02300.jpg

Prices per ball:
Price per ball Euro USD
Drive0,991,22
Tour1,391,71
Pro*2,292,82
*including Pro Neon

For more info search for Vice Golf.

I am going to try them out on a round during this weekend and will leave my thoughts of their performance and compare them to my usual gamers if you are intrested.

Are there anyone in here who has already tested these balls?

/ Almdudler

I like the logo. Price is good too. Wonder what kind of shipping cost is involved.

I like the logo. Price is good too. Wonder what kind of shipping cost is involved.

The shipping is 50 euros fixed price for non EU-residents. So the bigger the order the better.

My goal is to see if I can find a gamer for next year and then buy a bigger pack so I it will last a while.
Have been playing mixed with second hand balls and new Chrome+ this year.

If you like the logo take a look at the Pro Shooter model! ;)

vice_shooter_cut.jpg

Ok, so we had some bad wheather and that's why I haven't continued this thread yet. But hey, the wheather has been better the last month so I have finally tested these balls out on diffrent courses and practice areas..

About me: I'm a midhandicapper(16 EGA) from Sweden who is trying get down to ten at least. I'm a decent ballstriker with a driver swingspeed of around 100 mph. I tend to spin my shorter irons and wedges and i like to do it.. :)

Vice Drive:
This was the ball that i was least intrested in..
This is your typical standard "distance ball".. Feels like a low compression ball. Good ballflight but the spin wasn't really there on the shorter irons which was expected.

Verdict: I don't see that it could give you any direct advantages over other distance balls except for perhaps price, but that is depending on where you live and you can probably find similar balls on sale that will give you the same performance.

Similar balls: Titleist DT Solo, Taylormade Burner etc..

Vice Tour:
This was the ball that I was most intrested in due to price and the promised "more greenside spin"..
The feeling with these were good. I could stop it on the greens after a bounce, eventhough i really had to work it. The length from tee was similar to my normal gamer, Callaway Chrome+. No tendencies to spin away during some misshits either. The most dissapointing thing was that after about 6 holes with this ball it really had some scuff marks.. The surlyn cover was not that durable that I had antissipated. :(

Putter feel: Nice roll but a bit clicky at impact.

Verdict: So due to the effort that had to be put in to get it to spin and the durability it wont take the place in my bag this year as i hoped.

Similar balls: Distance balls with feel, such as Wilson Dx3, Callaway Hex Control.

Vice Pro:
The Vice Pro did surprise me quite a bit.
This should be a real contender for those who play the Pro V1 or Nike 20XI (especially those living in Europe). The feel is extremely similar with the all the clubs in the bag. I played a Pro V1 and the Vice Pro together for half a round. (Since I was alone on the entire golf course :) ). The greenside spin was similar: Pitches with half-swings did bump one time on the greens and then rolled back a couple of feet.
But what surpriced me the most was the durability of the urethane cover. I played 16 holes in total before one ball slipped away in tall grass and on the 16th tee it still looked new!

Putter feel: Nice roll with a muted sound.

Verdict: This would be a good ball to put in play for me. But since the pricepoint is about the same as for my normal gamer (Chrome+) it seems a bit foolish to switch. If I had played the Pro V1 I would have had another thought about it..

Similar balls: Pro V1, Nike 20XI etc..

A final thought: It seems like the company Vice haven't put out a ball on the market that bridges the gap between tour performance and distance.. If they come out with a new ball similar to Chrome+ or Taylormade Project (a)(which I haven't tested yet, released 21 March here in Sweden) that might be working for me..

So with that, I'm still on the hunt for the perfect ball for me.. For now it is the Callaway Chrome+, in the future we will see.. :)

/ Almdudler

Interesting, I don't think I had heard of them before.
http://www.vicegolf.com/us/

I heard about them just the last autumn.. They are trying to get into the Swedish market as of this season..

They have not yet made a move on the American continent yet but perhaps they will in a few years if they´re feeling like they can.. But they would have to at least find a good distributor since the shipping fee is quite high..

I've been seeing these balls advertised here and there on social media lately. Anyone have any thoughts?

http://www.vicegolf.com/us2/all-balls?affId=FB_TS_003

I game the Pro's, I love them they have great spin around the greens and feel good off the Tee, The package gets to my house in like 3 days so its rather quick. Only downside is every time I order balls I get a hat or another glove, I highly recommend their gloves. Back on track its a great ball and a great company.

I game the Pro's, I love them they have great spin around the greens and feel good off the Tee, The package gets to my house in like 3 days so its rather quick. Only downside is every time I order balls I get a hat or another glove, I highly recommend their gloves. Back on track its a great ball and a great company.

Good to know. I was just wondering about them as well for the same reasons as moosejaa. Thanks for providing the feedback!

Is there a big brand high price ball that you would feel comfortable comparing these to?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Is there a big brand high price ball that you would feel comfortable comparing these to?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The Vice Pro plays like a Pro V1 and the Pro+ plays like the Pro V1x. They have comparisons on their site as well for all the golf balls, if you go down below it does a player profile and kind of gives you a bit of information and what each ball is like, so far ive tried the Pro+ Pro and Pro Shooter and all three have been great, I actually made my first chip in ever with the pro shooter. You get the best deal when you order 5 dozen at a time, you get a huge discount, I usually order with my friends and we all pitch in and save money.

Just received in 5 boxes of the Pro Shooters. Will be playing them Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looking forward to your feedback

First swing first lost Vice, but these are now my choice ball. Soft around the green, no loss of distance.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

anyone tried the Pro & Tour versions

Any feedback?

I love the idea of the mixed pack to try out each model!
15viceselectedwht1111112real-2__30379.1479231414.jpg

Includes:
3 golf balls VICE Pro (3-Piece Urethane)
3 golf balls VICE Pro Plus (4-Piece Urethane)
3 golf balls VICE Tour (3-Piece Surlyn)
3 golf balls VICE Drive (2-Piece Surlyn)

That's cool.

I got the 80 dozen drive balls I ordered. They were custom and the shipping was incredibly quick. I'm not playing it but I'm gonna have a bunch of feedback from players trying them out shortly

anyone tried the Pro & Tour versions

Any feedback?
I am playing Vice balls for the last 3 or 4 years and really love them.
Am a 4 handicapper, short hitter, but realy good short game.
Most of the time I use the tour version as this ball gives me little help distancewise and good enough feel for my so important short game. Must say that I don't like a ball that spins too mutch as that is not predictable for me. I'm happy if the ball is 1 or 2 metres around the pitchmark.

Sometimes I also play the pro + especially during summer when the ground is hard and firm.

I love the vice balls and their approach (only online retail etc). Also love their customisation options ie prints. Played a 69 last summer and got me 12 vice balls with that number on them

Only downside is that the withe skin doesn't stay white for long. 1 round is OK, but after 2 rounds they are not as white as others anymore. So they end up in the bin. I don't mind to play a ball for two or more rounds, all depends on how the ball feels for me. And there is always more than one birdie in one ball

To summ it up the ball is great, give it a try..

Back