LiveView Pro Video Camera Swing Analyzer Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good write up JMan! I remember the video quality concern from Dans review, and it seems that is still a thing. I wonder if there are some data transfer limitations that prevent higher quality streams from being sent to the iPad.

I still think for most people, this wouldn’t be much use without an instructor type to explain what a player should be doing. With that caveat I think it could be a great tool. The instant feedback is really useful.

Man I still want to love this product really bad but I’m holding out for HD at that price point. Nicely done

A shame they couldn't boost the fps to get HD, I think a lot more people would be heavily interested if that were the case. $350 is no chump change for a non-hd.. hell I can get an HD knock off go-pro for $50

Cool features tho, and the ability to use it indoors will be huge for people with indoor Sims. Nice where up!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nice write up James! Honestly, I thought the picture quality wasn’t that bad.... obviously an area to improve but not horrible.
Nice piece of tech to help the swing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Jman, first time ling time here. Do you think the Liveview Pro is useful for someone who is a high handicap and trying to work on their swing, but does not have a swing coach due to time restrictions?

My major swing flaw seems to be lower body sway and collapsing my outside arm, creating a ground first strike behind the ball. Despite the video quality, I fee like this devise could really help me see what I am felling, and perhaps make adjustments at my house without having to strike an actual ball, or perhaps striking a whiffle ball. Do you think I am correct?

LiveView Pro Video Camera Swing Analyzer Review

Good write up.
Agreed on the 60 FPS. That’s not going to cut it these days.
With my iPhone mounted on a cheap tripod, I’m getting 240 FPS.
They bring the FPS up with the software integration and I think they’ll have a winner.

Last edited:
The concept is great, but the cost is not.

If you have an iPhone and iPad, there are free apps where you can pair them so that you can view your iPhone video live on the iPad. Same concept, better video quality, and free if you already have the hardware.

The concept is great, but the cost is not.

If you have an iPhone and iPad, there are free apps where you can pair them so that you can view your iPhone video live on the iPad. Same concept, better video quality, and free if you already have the hardware.

Do those apps automatically record and cut up the swing based on the impact sound like this?

Look, I agree with the quality comments from everyone, hell I wrote about it in the actual article, but there is also some legitimate merit here, it’s not just a camera on a stick or tripod, they put some impressive work into the app and interface.

Thank you to you guys that took the time to read the article and post in here though, I appreciate it!

Do those apps automatically record and cut up the swing based on the impact sound like this?

No, they are basic camera mirroring apps. BUT, the extra features your mentioning are not essential when you can start/stop recording after several swings and cut up the clips on your own. Definitely not worth the cost to me.

Maybe someone here that programs should write their own mirroring app that can utilize the phones speaker to do what the featured product does.

Hey Jman, first time ling time here. Do you think the Liveview Pro is useful for someone who is a high handicap and trying to work on their swing, but does not have a swing coach due to time restrictions?

My major swing flaw seems to be lower body sway and collapsing my outside arm, creating a ground first strike behind the ball. Despite the video quality, I fee like this devise could really help me see what I am felling, and perhaps make adjustments at my house without having to strike an actual ball, or perhaps striking a whiffle ball. Do you think I am correct?

I think that IF you know what you’re looking for in the swing then the immediate feedback is going to help. But, if you’re estimating what’s wrong then like anything else in golf it can lead to a snowball effect in the swing.

IMO, the immediate feedback in an easy to use and setup package is a good selling point. I think the price is about 100.00 too high personally, but I get it, it’s really not just a random camera on a stick. It’s got a place for sure.

Have actually had this back out in the yard this weekend messing around. I’ve fallen back into the trap of sucking the club inside on takeaway so it’s pretty cool to SEE getting it on the proper plane while also FEELing it.

I know it’s not HD, I know some MacGyver types on here can make their own, I know it’s not cheap....but I do firmly believe there is a place for it.

I’m thinking of grabbing this unit. I’ve been doing the iPhone on a tripod thing in my garage sim but I get tired of continuously having to take 4-5 swings, review and repeat. Having instant feedback after each swing would be fantastic.
Is the face on 60fps good enough to show a clear impact position?
I really enjoyed my Golftec experience and this is probably the cheapest way to recreate it.

I’m thinking of grabbing this unit. I’ve been doing the iPhone on a tripod thing in my garage sim but I get tired of continuously having to take 4-5 swings, review and repeat. Having instant feedback after each swing would be fantastic.
Is the face on 60fps good enough to show a clear impact position?
I really enjoyed my Golftec experience and this is probably the cheapest way to recreate it.
Hahaha we are thinking alike. I’ve been doing the iPhone tripod thing and then watching later but it isn’t as helpful. You might also try the mirror app if you have another Apple device (iPad is best I’ve read).

Hahaha we are thinking alike. I’ve been doing the iPhone tripod thing and then watching later but it isn’t as helpful. You might also try the mirror app if you have another Apple device (iPad is best I’ve read).

I can mirror it to my iPad but I’m more curious about software integration. You should get one and let me know how it works out.

Just purchased this and the tripod.
Messed around with my phone yesterday and hated it.
Man as Canadians we get screwed on the exchange but really looking forward to using this in my sim.

Liveview Pro - another Christmas present.

My excuse is that instructor advised it - and send vids to him between lessons.

Liveview Pro - another Christmas present.

My excuse is that instructor advised it - and send vids to him between lessons.

Yourinstructor preferred this over other options like Swing Shot? It’s an interesting product but thought the camera and video quality was still lacking a bit?

Yourinstructor preferred this over other options like Swing Shot? It’s an interesting product but thought the camera and video quality was still lacking a bit?

He apparently doesn't need Hi Def. And the Pro is a better camera than the original. It's apparently very easy to use - the mirror concept

Back