Callaway XR16 Driver Review Thread

I vote that pairing. That sounds fun.

Seconded. :D I'm curious to see how those pair up.

I'm pretty happy with the stock speeder for now. Saw the best results set at 12.5˚ degrees today. Only got in 13 holes, but confident enough that I won't be taking my G30 with me next time out.

Seconded. :D I'm curious to see how those pair up.

I'm pretty happy with the stock speeder for now. Saw the best results set at 12.5˚ degrees today. Only got in 13 holes, but confident enough that I won't be taking my G30 with me next time out.

I really can't wait to try it at 11.5 or 12.5 to be honest, I think my group yesterday would vouch I was hitting it pretty high for me at 10.5, which puts a massive smile on my face knowing there is more there to get potentially.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuunch for days.

I really can't wait to try it at 11.5 or 12.5 to be honest, I think my group yesterday would vouch I was hitting it pretty high for me at 10.5, which puts a massive smile on my face knowing there is more there to get potentially.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuunch for days.

True story. The long one I hit today was probably the highest drive I've hit in the last week, other than the Cobra Max. :D Posted this earlier in the Club Clash thread...

I'm off today so I thought I'd get a practice round in for league. The XR16 and are getting to know each other. My swing was rough to start the day but on number 10 I just hit this beauty.

d862afa648d10744b5cf5a78d4ad87cf.jpg

Slight tailwind but nothing like the winds we were seeing at the event!

While I'm happy to be able to get in some practice it's definitely not the same. Wish I could do that every weekend. Thanks Morgan, Josh, Mike and everyone who helped make it happen. And thanks to everyone who made it one of the best golf trips I've ever been on.

Hmmm this driver at 11.5 could be even more lethal allthough the 10.5 wasn't too shabby either

This one has crept into top 3 for me today. Thinking this at 10.5 with a hzrdus yellow. I liked the launch and height I got with it on the range Friday.

Question -

Anyone here have any comparisons with this club and the BB Mini 1.5 w Speeder stiff shaft?

I'm buying one of these this week. To hell with the cost.

I would like to also buy one but the cost is keeping me back. Not enough lunch money saved up yet.

I would like to also buy one but the cost is keeping me back. Not enough lunch money saved up yet.

Trigger was pulled, I found a great deal on a head today thanks to a THP'er. Save up, IMO, its worth it!

Don't be scared Wardy, embrace the ball coming back at you off of the tee.

still waiting for that ball at 22.3 launch to come back at me

Driver vs mini? Or do you mean the fairway?
Sorry - I mean XR16 Driver v BB Mini 1.5 12* w Speeder shaft, stiff (which is what I am currently using as my driver).

Sorry - I mean XR16 Driver v BB Mini 1.5 12* w Speeder shaft, stiff (which is what I am currently using as my driver).

I gamed both with the speeder shaft. Currently playing the xr16 pro with the 665 speeder shaft. I liked the mini a lot but it wasn't much farther than my GBB 3 wood. I have an pretty strong grip and tend to hit a draw (miss is a snap hook) and I hit the ball high as crap. The xr16 regular when I first got it made me sell the mini. Mini wasn't much use for me anymore. I like my current setup with the pro model. Hit a really nice straight or baby draw and the ball rolls out nicely at 9*. I still hit driver higher than most people I play with. The mini vs xr16 on good strikes was 10-20 yards shorter on average. I played them head to head multiple times before selling

Different speeder shaft in the xr16 than what I had in the mini. The xr16 at 10.5 launched much higher than the mini at 14. I also find the xr16 very forgiving.

Different speeder shaft in the xr16 than what I had in the mini. The xr16 at 10.5 launched much higher than the mini at 14. I also find the xr16 very forgiving.
BTW - You are the reason I own a BB Mini 1.5 - after hitting yours in June, I needed one!!

BTW - You are the reason I own a BB Mini 1.5 - after hitting yours in June, I needed one!!

your welcome. It's a deadly weapon of the tee. XR16 had a high ball flight but no issues even with wind. I think my peak height was 102'.

XR16 driver is a friendly beast

Even more excited to try this one out, the feedback coming out of Club Clash has been TREMENDOUS! Finding the right shaft is also key...but I can find some help with that.

At the moment this is tied with JGR for a spot in the bag and just behind the pro version. I really like the height I got with this and ball speed and launch compared to JGR were similar. Saw more spin with this but that was partially swing related.

This is one of the better drivers in the x line I have hit from callaway.

Did someone say big time launch? This one may be making a trip to my bag soon.

Back