Your Current Club Battle

Wilson Staff D200 Driver vs my new Bridgestone JGR. I've got both set at 9.5, stiff shaft. I love the JGR. It feels explosive off the face and is very forgiving. I like the weight of it and the looks. My only problem is the D200 is still a bomber. I consistently hit it farther than the JGR.

Will soon be XR16 vs JGR.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

Will soon be XR16 vs JGR.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

I am having that and the XR16 pro. Been going back on forth on all 3 today

Current battle that I have is choosing between the V-Series Heavenwood or the Big Bertha Heavenwood. Both are great clubs....any opinions as to which to go with?

Scotty Fastback vs Scotty X5R, putted much better with the Fastback last weekend and it's kind of becoming the go to putter. The X5R is the newer shinier toy, need to get more time in with both as the greens get to in season shape...

Cleveland Classic 290 vs 310. Hit them both well. I like the feel/sound of the 290 slightly better, but liked the ball flight of the 310 a little bit more.

Current battle that I have is choosing between the V-Series Heavenwood or the Big Bertha Heavenwood. Both are great clubs....any opinions as to which to go with?

Love my Heavenwood, but I've never hit the V-series. Found during my research between the two clubs I found a lot of people saw a higher ball flight with the V. That's not something I needed so I went GBB.

F5 vs alpha 816 vs Xr16 (maybe pro). Honestly can't decide which to keep in the Gauntlet bag.

Think my club battles are done for now. May cut down my G30 to experiment with a shorter driver but with the new driver and 3W I'm really happy with my bag right now and want to focus on dialing in the clubs I have in the bag today.

738ee1055825806f01ace316cc687141.jpg

Not nearly as bad as the old X Hot haha
Nah, that was brutal.

Still, at 189g this head is a beyotch to swing weight.

Fair enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a club battle, but a shaft battle. This is a bit long, so bear with me. Back in the summer of 2014, I got fit into a Cobra Bio Cell+ driver with the Diamana B Series 60 shaft. I'm a fan of the Diamana "blue" type of profile; at the time, I was playing a Diamana Kai'li 70 in my fairway wood. Fast forward to last summer, I was struggling a bit with the driver and then I got selected for the Grandura shaft testing. So I pulled out the Diamana from my driver and put in the Grandura 530. When I started with that shaft, I was instantly seeing lower spin and more distance on my good shots, even though I struggled a bit with the feel of the Grandura. Still, I played the driver with the Grandura shaft in place throughout the end of last year and whenever I got to play over the winter with varying results: some really good drives, and some really bad drives.

I had a chance to buy a Callaway XR Pro 4 wood for a really cheap price, and still wanted to stay with a shaft that was like the Kai'li. So I was browsing online and found a silly good deal on a Diamana B Series 70 shaft, and I thought that would be fun to try that in the XR Pro 4 wood. After getting the club built to my specs, my first round with that club was earlier this week, and the ballflight and feel of that club was awesome on tee shots. I figured that if I liked the feel of the B Series 70 so much, it made sense to try the B Series 60 again in my driver. I took both shafts with me to the range a couple of days ago, and I actually hit the B Series better than the Grandura. The B Series launches higher and maybe spins a little more than the Grandura, but the most important part is that I can find the center of the face easier with the B Series as compared to the Grandura. I think that with the Grandura, I started to feel like I had to swing harder to get it to perform, and that threw off my tempo a bit. With the B series, I can swing more in rhythm, and I make better contact. Also, I can reliably hit a draw with that shaft more than I can with the Grandura, which is my preferred ball flight. So the B Series is back in the bag for the next few weeks, and if I'm seeing good results, then the Grandura will be gone for good.

Not a club battle, but a shaft battle. This is a bit long, so bear with me. Back in the summer of 2014, I got fit into a Cobra Bio Cell+ driver with the Diamana B Series 60 shaft. I'm a fan of the Diamana "blue" type of profile; at the time, I was playing a Diamana Kai'li 70 in my fairway wood. Fast forward to last summer, I was struggling a bit with the driver and then I got selected for the Grandura shaft testing. So I pulled out the Diamana from my driver and put in the Grandura 530. When I started with that shaft, I was instantly seeing lower spin and more distance on my good shots, even though I struggled a bit with the feel of the Grandura. Still, I played the driver with the Grandura shaft in place throughout the end of last year and whenever I got to play over the winter with varying results: some really good drives, and some really bad drives.

I had a chance to buy a Callaway XR Pro 4 wood for a really cheap price, and still wanted to stay with a shaft that was like the Kai'li. So I was browsing online and found a silly good deal on a Diamana B Series 70 shaft, and I thought that would be fun to try that in the XR Pro 4 wood. After getting the club built to my specs, my first round with that club was earlier this week, and the ballflight and feel of that club was awesome on tee shots. I figured that if I liked the feel of the B Series 70 so much, it made sense to try the B Series 60 again in my driver. I took both shafts with me to the range a couple of days ago, and I actually hit the B Series better than the Grandura. The B Series launches higher and maybe spins a little more than the Grandura, but the most important part is that I can find the center of the face easier with the B Series as compared to the Grandura. I think that with the Grandura, I started to feel like I had to swing harder to get it to perform, and that threw off my tempo a bit. With the B series, I can swing more in rhythm, and I make better contact. Also, I can reliably hit a draw with that shaft more than I can with the Grandura, which is my preferred ball flight. So the B Series is back in the bag for the next few weeks, and if I'm seeing good results, then the Grandura will be gone for good.

Which profile do you have for Grandura again? 530, but what weight length and flex? It's a great feeling to find something that works.

Callaway 816 DBD vs Titleist 915D4

Which profile do you have for Grandura again? 530, but what weight length and flex? It's a great feeling to find something that works.

530 in stiff, I think it's 65 grams.

Little wedge battle at 55 degrees. Cobra King wedge vs j15. J15 opened up my eyes yesteday and feels much better on full swings.

With a cobra tip? Keep me in mind if it doesn't make the cut.

Yeah, it's got a Cobra tip. Plays 44.5 inches in my Bio Cell+ right now, so it's a little bit shorter than standard.

816 dbd vs xr16 pro & ap2 716 vs Bridgestone j15 CB. Pretty sure I'm going to sell the Bridgestone's & will find out which driver stays after the golf trip to Phoenix in 10 days

Back