Nike Hyperadapt Golf Bag - THP Review

It really does make sense. I like the feature a lot. Is it going to be useful for everyone? Probably not, but damn I love the options it gives.

I think if you're someone who takes a cart 99% of the time, It doesn't make sense. But if you're someone who walks 80% of the time like I do, but would like some more space for things like THP events and the like, it becomes a really intriguing offering.

Precisely.

I also think it's cool we are starting to see some really nice tech built in to golf bags. You know besides the lighter materials.

It was honestly pretty cool to just be able to sit the bag out of the car, then pop off the side compartments and sit them in the back of the car with no muss or fuss for a lighter walk.

Love this idea. I tend to keep only rain gear in one compartment, to be able to pop that off on days it's not needed and leave it in the trunk, brilliant.

I think if you're someone who takes a cart 99% of the time, It doesn't make sense. But if you're someone who walks 80% of the time like I do, but would like some more space for things like THP events and the like, it becomes a really intriguing offering.

Precisely my take, but its most definitely aimed at walkers the most IMO.

I also think it's cool we are starting to see some really nice tech built in to golf bags. You know besides the lighter materials.

Agreed. Thinking outside the box is good for all of us.

Love this idea. I tend to keep only rain gear in one compartment, to be able to pop that off on days it's not needed and leave it in the trunk, brilliant.

Same here. I've currently got mine in the lightweight waterproof pockets in the back of my car, its going to be crappy monday for practice so I'll put those pockets on the bag and I'll be good to go.

Same here. I've currently got mine in the lightweight waterproof pockets in the back of my car, its going to be crappy monday for practice so I'll put those pockets on the bag and I'll be good to go.

As someone who loves organization, this makes me smile.

As someone who loves organization, this makes me smile.

Even better, the pockets fold and store easily, take up very little space even with things in them.

Even better, the pockets fold and store easily, take up very little space even with things in them.

I really hope this idea starts to become a norm for carry bags.

I keep thinking about the options this bag would give. Having a pouch with rain gear in it would be great to just clip on and off as needed. Would help with weight adjustments big time.

It really does make sense. I like the feature a lot. Is it going to be useful for everyone? Probably not, but damn I love the options it gives.
I like this one a lot, if I had the extra jack laying around to get one, I would. But, I dont.

I like this one a lot, if I had the extra jack laying around to get one, I would. But, I dont.

need to sell more bikes and spandex

I like Nike for consistently challenging orthodoxy and introducing out of the box products. This bag is a great idea. Put "PXG" on it and they sellout -- okay, joking. But Nike, from shoes to apparel to equipment is daring. And while it does not always work out for them, it leads to more innovation and improvement.

Thanks for the review - pics are great, and review is well-written.

I like Nike for consistently challenging orthodoxy and introducing out of the box products. This bag is a great idea. Put "PXG" on it and they sellout -- okay, joking. But Nike, from shoes to apparel to equipment is daring. And while it does not always work out for them, it leads to more innovation and improvement.

Thanks for the review - pics are great, and review is well-written.

FWIW, this is just the review in progress thread. Formal review will go up on the homepage here in a week or two.

FWIW, this is just the review in progress thread. Formal review will go up on the homepage here in a week or two.

Man, oh man, I can't get it right. :)

Thanks, Jman. Look forward to more.

I'll be honest, as a golfer who walks 95% of the time and typically carries way more than 14 clubs because of my job, this one has been a pleasure to carry so far. I know some scoff at the idea of the modular capabilities of the bag and why they might or might now be needed, but for a walker it makes a ton of sense. I carried again with no pockets attached today other than the built in ball/accessory ones with 18 clubs in the bag and it was a walk without any undo strain on me. Clearly, with 18 the divider gets a bit muddled but thanks to the second tier divider being all the way across the bag is was better than many I have used.

The clubs, when playing 14, settle in nicely and there is no more noise when carrying than with anything else. I do with the top divider was a bit bigger to better fit my driver and putter, but it works. The straps are comfortable and easy to work with, and better yet they have an easy mechanism to take them off should you want to when riding in a cart, it can be done with a simple squeeze of the clip setup.

I know the price is out there, it really is, but I think its a culmination of being in range for what we see waterproof bags priced at and then added to some for the fact that the modular aspect hasn't been done before and they are including the standard pockets as well as a set of 100% waterproof pockets. In the end, its like anything, it either makes sense to you and your needs or not, but I can honestly see this making sense to a lot of full-time (or close to it) walkers. I'm very curious to see what THP'ers think this week at #ClubClash, particularly someone like Ddec who like me prefers to carry.

More soon, and as always please feel free to ask any Q's you have.

Last edited:
This one impressed many who took a closer look at it this weekend, Ddec and I talked about it at length, as golfers who walk most of the time there really is a ton to like.

This one impressed many who took a closer look at it this weekend, Ddec and I talked about it at length, as golfers who walk most of the time there really is a ton to like.

I want one. I liked it a lot. Loved everything that it offered.

I want one. I liked it a lot. Loved everything that it offered.

Its just a really well executed idea. The price is absolutely brutal IMO, but the waterproof factor definitely got a test at #THPClubClash and passed with flying colors. Plus, first time in a cart and it rode perfectly, no slipping or shifting at all during the weekend.

Excellent thoughts, Jman.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Its just a really well executed idea. The price is absolutely brutal IMO, but the waterproof factor definitely got a test at #THPClubClash and passed with flying colors. Plus, first time in a cart and it rode perfectly, no slipping or shifting at all during the weekend.
The waterproofing thing is awesome, and cant believe how well it worked on this during the rains we had.

Honestly, the price had this as a no go for me from the start, but after seeing it in person and seeing how it goes together, I could see spending the cash on it. Seems like it's built to last.

It really makes a ton of sense. People will turn their head at the price, and I understand that. Adding or subtracting a compartment was really quite easy. Nike did well on this design.

Just finished up the review on this one so that should go up in the coming week or so.

Its honestly a badass bag, but its a shame that Nike is apparently clueless as to how to market it, or the need to market it.

I can safely say that I'm going to keep gaming it though, its taken everything I have thrown at it and then some.

Really interested in this bag....did the formal review go up? How are you still liking it? Any feedback for using with a Clicgear, sometimes I carry, sometimes use a cart.

Really interested in this bag....did the formal review go up? How are you still liking it? Any feedback for using with a Clicgear, sometimes I carry, sometimes use a cart.
I think it will be going up this week. Also if you check out #THPRadio, James and I talked about this bag during the first episode of On The Tee Box.

Yep, it'll go up this week, keep an eye on this thread and the homepage. Also worth checking out On The Tee Box on THP Radio as Dean and I did discuss it a lot.

Really good bag, which I'll be continuing to game post review, which is saying a lot.

Back