Golf Marketing and Media with Scott Goryl – The Golf Industry Uncut Volume 7

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP Radio is back with a bang in 2016 and today we continue with The Golf Industry Uncut. Tackling on demand audio for the world of golf like never before, THP Radio presents this unique look behind the doors of the equipment world through the experts.

The rules for Uncut are simple. There are no rules other than the guest must be accessible to readers/consumers to discuss the show post broadcast.

This semi-monthly broadcast is your chance to hear from those in the golf industry in a format that is completely raw and unedited. If there is an issue on the show, you will hear it. You will have the opportunity to submit questions for guests over the course of the year and even connect with them after the shows either here on the THP Forum or through social media and let them know your thoughts or ask follow up questions.

This Episode
Scott Goryl from Callaway Golf joins the show
How did you get started in golf?
Describe Callaway Golf right now?
East Coast vs West Coast
Scott Goryl joins us on the Hot Seat for Fire Away
And so much more

Join us by listening at the link below, or as always you can find us on iTunes at The Hackers Paradise.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/g...scott-goryl-the-golf-industry-uncut-volume-7/

Great, I'll give a listen on the way home tonight!

downloaded for the ride home. Can't wait to hear what Scotty has to say.

Awesome! I'll be giving it a listen as soon as I get out of class.

Listening... Now!

I will be listening during my lunch hour - boss needs to get out of the office!!

THP Radio's interaction with marketing types is really cool. As an marketing student, hearing an insider's view of Callaway's marketing plan, which has performed a turnaround that is nothing short of remarkable, and its implementation, is really awesome. I know they're not likely to tell too many stories out of school, but a breakdown of what their media budget looked like before, say, the Five Year War, and what it looks like now, in terms of money spent on traditional print/TV media versus social media, and how money is being spent more efficiently by moving to social media, would be really awesome.

I know it comes down to quality offerings, but the marketing analyst in me would love to see proof positive of an increase in marketing efficiency through a switch to a social media centric advertising strategy over a more conventional strategy in terms of dollars spent to market share gained.

Great excuse to take a quick break from work. In fact, I think I'll take the break right now.

Another great episode. Hearing the people at Callaway talk about the Grandaddy and their excitement for it - only makes me anticipate the next chance to become a part of it!

Hearing Scotty talk about how Callaway is accessible and he really hit the nail on the head, their interaction with the consumer from multiple staff members is incredible, love how the entire zoo crew and staff are available via social media, here on the forum and during THP events!

Just like the other callaway people before him, you can hear his and their excitement about the Grandaddy, shows how truly special that event is!

Dnevs with the road rage! Ballast Point over Sam Adams, a 1,000% over for sure!

Didn't know he was a hockey guy, very cool!

About to throw this on my phone so I can listen to it on my way to an appointment. Excited for a good listen with Scotty G!

Downloading right now for the ride home! Scotty G!

Cool now I have something good to listen to on my evening commute.

Just finished listening and it certainly was another outstanding issue. Really enjoyed the talk about the importance of Callaway's philosophy of being out there and available to consumers for the emotional connection aspect of consumers deciding where to spend their money on expensive golf equipment. And, from what I have seen on the forum, I could absolutely see JRod strolling by an office or desk with a digit thrown up in the air

Me and Scotty share a similar love of sandwich types. Good listen!

Downloading and will take a listen.

Just downloaded. Will be played on my drive home

In it listening now. Scotty G is the man!

I'll listen on the way home. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty G is one of my favorites! Looking forward to this episode!

Another great episode! As usual, he seems like another really cool guy from Callaway.

Never met Scott personally but I believe we would get along very well. Enjoyed his views!!

Awesome episode! To bad he couldnt be in The Gauntlet this year, you could tell from how he talks about it that they have just as much doing these THP events as we do. I cant wait to win that driver so I can add my first Callaway club to the bag.

Good listen, have a new brewery to check out!

Back