I can take this two ways. the first is you are intentionally being a complete and utter troll. However, having read your stuff across many threads, I don't think you are intentionally doing so. I think you are someone who very passionately is decided the game is only to be played and talked about a certain way and it is your way or nothing. No worries, I get that, I used to be like that and, when I found out how it impacted the weight people gave my words, worked hard to overcome it. It is a definite drawback to having reasonable conversations between people with differing points of view.

The second way is you genuinely do not understand the difference between someone putting thought, time and effort into doing something good for someone they care about in an effort to provide joy and pleasure...and someone putting thought, time and effort into doing something they KNOW would be hurtful if discovered and hiding it not to be helpful to the other person but to be detrimental...

If you think those two things are the same...yeah, we are done here. Not really anywhere to go from there. To be sure, there are appropriate times to maintain secrets. There are also inappropriate times. And yes, a lot has to do with motivation.

First, thank you for not twisting my words into something malicious like so many live to do.

Second, while that post was (a little) tongue in cheek, the point was what it seemed. For the record, I feel the OP is trying to put thought, time and effort into doing something good for someone they care about in an effort to provide joy and pleasure. The object of the scenario doesn't know it or probably wouldn't see it that way, but, then again, neither do the subjects on that show "Hoarders". Most of the time, they don't realize the pain they're causing their loved ones. Sometimes an intervention is required.

I'm sure there are many who wont agree with my thoughts. You may not. Indo appreciate you calmly and maturely debating the issue though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back