NorCal Crew hangout thread

Unfortunately my friend will have to drop out though. I had no idea he was being considered to play so didn't ask him. He has now made arrangements to play with his other usual partner.

Would both of them be interested in playing? Looks like we have the room?

Would both of them be interested in playing? Looks like we have the room?

Potentially, yes. I don't think we do have room for 2 though. We now have 5 THPers, plus the 2ball that's been paired with us. Leaves 1 spot. I mean, it's not a huge issue I don't think if we go out as a 3 and a 2?

Potentially, yes. I don't think we do have room for 2 though. We now have 5 THPers, plus the 2ball that's been paired with us. Leaves 1 spot. I mean, it's not a huge issue I don't think if we go out as a 3 and a 2?

As I understand it, we have room for 6. 4 at 3 PM, and 2 at 310 PM. If it's just mancest, ASN21, me, Mark_UK and time4tim we can try and do 3 in one group and 2 in the other. I believe their cancellation policy is 48 hours prior so mancest you can go ahead and drop your reservation to 3 and we'll be set.

Mark, if you have a tee time for 2 at 3:10, and Tim has a tee time for the other 2 at 3:10 and I have a tee time for 4 at 3:00. That leaves 8 spots, from my math and this strange word problem I think we would have 7 to play if Jim & Jim want to play.

We could do 3 at 3:00 and 4 at 3:10 (or vice versa).

I think as long as we adjust by tomorrow we can reduce by 1 and nobody gets charge for a no show, or if anybody else wants to join and play Poppy for $30 Thursday we could make 2 full 4somes.

I haven't booked any tee times chaps. I phoned up Poppy to see if there were any spots available at 3.10 alongside the 2 that Tim reserved to see whether I could get one other to play. I was told that they have already allocated another 2 ball. So we have 6 tee times booked. The 4 at 1500, and the 2 at 1510. As things stand currently, we have 5 players.

Lol this is confusing. I don't think Mark has the other two spots at 3:10. Two random people have that.

Alright, so we have 5 confirmed. Apologies about the mixup with Jim...I mistakenly thought he was already in!

So 5 confirmed, with one open spot. I was kind of worried about this possibility.

So 5 confirmed, with one open spot. I was kind of worried about this possibility.

That's my bad Tim, but don't worry....we'll split it 3 and 2 and will be good to go! You're call on who you want to play with. I know Mark is walking and so am I so I'm pretty sure we're all beating feet.

I wish I had someone to bring. Is Manny and Roger walking or riding?

I am also walking, don't see the need to pay for the cart when I am pretty sure it is cart path only. Will wait until tomorrow and crop mine back to 3 unless somebody gets another person to join us say by noon.

I tried logging in to the Poppy hills website to see if they still had the 2:50 tee time I saw yesterday but the website is showing that I currently don't have NCGA membership.. interesting.... then I went to the NCGA website to try and log in and they are "experiencing technical difficulties."

I am also walking, don't see the need to pay for the cart when I am pretty sure it is cart path only. Will wait until tomorrow and crop mine back to 3 unless somebody gets another person to join us say by noon.

I tried logging in to the Poppy hills website to see if they still had the 2:50 tee time I saw yesterday but the website is showing that I currently don't have NCGA membership.. interesting.... then I went to the NCGA website to try and log in and they are "experiencing technical difficulties."

Yeah I called them this morning. They've been having issues since the weekend and were actively working the issue.

Looking forward to teeing it up with y'all again :D

The discounted rate doesn't start until 3 pm

So I cut back my 3:00 PM tee time to 3 players. We can figure out logistics on playing tomorrow, I am hoping to get down there by 2:40 or so to hit a few balls and loosen up my back after being in the car.

See you guys there.

So I cut back my 3:00 PM tee time to 3 players. We can figure out logistics on playing tomorrow, I am hoping to get down there by 2:40 or so to hit a few balls and loosen up my back after being in the car.

See you guys there.

Good deal. I setup Golf Gamebook and updated the outing thread with the view code.

I'm gettin there early. About 2

I hope to be there by 2:30pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you guys are gonna have a good time! An update on Shankasaruas Rex over here, just got done with my lesson, it helped immensely now I just need to engrain it so it sticks, I'm moving way to much during my swing so I need to work on keeping my head still and my hands weren't coming through at all on my swing, hence why I was shanking everything. Im thinking I took the short game bible a little too far and decided to dead hand everything. Felt great at the end of the session we did a lot of drills on keeping my head still and turning over and I was hitting em fairly well.

Good luck at poppy!!! Fairways and Greens :golf2:

Hey all,

I just moved to Sac from DC and am trying to figure out my golf life here in the Capital. What are the must plays around Sacramento and who wants to get out with me?

(Also, if for some reason this isn't the right regional page to post to, someone please point me in the right direction.)

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hey all,

I just moved to Sac from DC and am trying to figure out my golf life here in the Capital. What are the must plays around Sacramento and who wants to get out with me?

(Also, if for some reason this isn't the right regional page to post to, someone please point me in the right direction.)

Welcome to Cali Jim! Bunch of THPers in your area.

Hey all,

Welcome to the west coast! I'm actually heading to MD next year, but I'm a NorCal native. There are a few guys in this thread in that area (Plinyyounger and Tahoebum) so they can school you on the good courses in the area. My mom lives a bit north of Sac, too so I'll likely be up in that area at some point this year!

Welcome to Cali Jim! Bunch of THPers in your area.
Thanks! I've been in dc for 5 years but I should have also said that I'm originally from Santa Rosa, so of course the first thing I did is sign back up for my ncga membership!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks! I've been in dc for 5 years but I should have also said that I'm originally from Santa Rosa, so of course the first thing I did is sign back up for my ncga membership!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In that case, welcome back :D

Hey all,

Welcome Jim!:hello:

You have definitely come to the right place. While I'm not necessarily in Sac I do live right above it. Some good courses in the area are Teal Bend, Catta Vedera and Haggin oaks (Allister Mackinze Course). There are a ridiculous amount of golf courses in Northern California, all within an hour. Some noteable ones are Turkey Creek in Lincoln, one of my top favorites to play and also Lincoln Hills in Lincoln. There is also Yocha Dehe about an hour from Sac, I try to go once every 6 months, it might quite literally be the nicest golf course I have ever played. Also for cheaper, I have heard that the one next to Mather AFB is on the cheaper side and not bad overall, do not quote me on that though. Also when are you available to play? Im usually only good for weekends, mainly Sundays but I get out on the occasional Saturday also (my wife hates golf). Oh and welcome, I'm new also but everyone here has been great, not just this thread but all of THP so far is pretty darn awesome.

Back