Please critque swing ( before and after ) 2018 - 2019

CB67

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi Freddie. I posted my swing here and a number of other forums last year Here's the link of last years driver swing. There was a lot of funkiness going on.

My front foot was jumping off the ground at impact and there seemed to be a ton of goat humping going on also.
After all the different advice I took in the faults came down to - " Too much wrist hinge in the backswing , Losing depth of pelvis on backswing and downswing, Backswing depth loss a result of adding flex to left knee as opposed to losing some . Fix excess wrist hinge and adding knee flex first...then re-access. "

So I was working on my swing until the end of the fall. No golf here in the winter, and I've been trying to work on it since May.I've been trying to shorten the back swing and wrist hinge and I think I was able to do that as well as getting rid of adding flex to that back knee. But ball striking wise nothing seemed to really be clicking as I was still having trouble making the proper hip turn on the downswing resulting in a huge early extension. One day on the range a local pro watched me hit a few balls and then asked me to set up square, with my feet, shoulders and club face down the target line and then right before I swing, to draw my back foot back so my toes on the back foot are inline with the middle of my front foot. Feel like my knees are turning slightly inward, and then just make a swing. Since then I haven't struck the ball better in my life. The contact I've been making has been like night and day. Sweet spot on 9 of every 10 swings. Tee to green has been life changing. When I set up square however, the same problems happen. So I'm literally refusing to set up square again and I plan on drawing that back foot behind now forever. I'm not closing up for a draw or hook, im just pulling the foot back while every thing else, shoulders / club face stay square.

When I do this, something happens subconsciously that I can't explain and I don't think about it at all during the swing. It's a 100% feel thing. The pro said it helps to maintain spine angle, improve swaying and goat humping. A lot of my problems. I still see a slight bit of early extension with my head moving away from the ball slightly but it doesn't seem to be near as bad as before and I can not argue with the results. Here's a driver swing from today compared to that one from last year above. I would appreciate thoughts and input and whether or not anyone else has had a similar experience with the symptoms and fix ? Thank you.

Back