The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a text that my bank account access was restricted because of an attempt at unauthorized access. So now I've had my credit card swiped, my debit card number swiped, and someone is attempting to access my bank account directly. This is ticking me off. Bad luck, or am I becoming a victim of identity theft? Not good when I'm in the middle of trying to purchase a house.

Got a text that my bank account access was restricted because of an attempt at unauthorized access. So now I've had my credit card swiped, my debit card number swiped, and someone is attempting to access my bank account directly. This is ticking me off. Bad luck, or am I becoming a victim of identity theft? Not good when I'm in the middle of trying to purchase a house.

Just document it and you'll be fine. It won't be the easiest, and you should let your loan officer know immediately.

Despite my wrist, arm, and shoulder all feeling AMAZING, I have no feeling in my thumb; and they've moved my follow-up appointment up from Friday to tomorrow. Yikes.

hope it's nothing serious.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm working with the GM to resolve the issue. The damage was only cosmetic. The issue was the paperwork has been processed with the VIN for that vehicle. I was told that it would not effect the car fax at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have not taken physical possession, you should not have to accept it. I spent 30 yrs in auto retail and in NC, if you haven't taken delivery, it isn't yours. It is now a damaged vehicle. Get a bigger discount or another vehicle.

Why do young people always get sick and can't make it to work? And not even young, this guy is 30 years old.

Effing ridiculous. Now I have to get up early.

Ocarrol get well dude!

That's some bad luck man

Why do young people always get sick and can't make it to work? And not even young, this guy is 30 years old.

Cause they're a bunch of pansies who can't man up and deal with it! Btw I'm early/mid 30's but I've worked while passing kidney stones and the only time I call in is if I can't keep anything in.

Despite my wrist, arm, and shoulder all feeling AMAZING, I have no feeling in my thumb; and they've moved my follow-up appointment up from Friday to tomorrow. Yikes.
Dude, I feel for ya. Going thru a bit of an injury myself. Always trying to find the positive but then things seem to get realistic and rough. Hoping for the best.

Ocarrol get well dude!

That's some bad luck man

Cause they're a bunch of pansies who can't man up and deal with it! Btw I'm early/mid 30's but I've worked while passing kidney stones and the only time I call in is if I can't keep anything in.

comes down to parenting. My family is filled with blue collar workers who got up early and worked long hours to provide for their family. Many in my family have a strong work ethic and some don't. The difference is his we were raised

Thought the kid had his stomach bug beat. Thought wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

comes down to parenting. My family is filled with blue collar workers who got up early and worked long hours to provide for their family. Many in my family have a strong work ethic and some don't. The difference is his we were raised

Agreed dude I remember seeing my dad barely able to get up drag his butt to work and he still does.

I have taken the same work ethic because that's what I've been taught to do. Do what ya gotta do when ya gotta do it, you may not like it but it gots to be done now or later.

Agreed dude I remember seeing my dad barely able to get up drag his butt to work and he still does.

I have taken the same work ethic because that's what I've been taught to do. Do what ya gotta do when ya gotta do it, you may not like it but it gots to be done now or later.

Exactly. I was taught nothing is handed to you. I spent a summer working at the gm plant with my dad making axles and a few other jobs. Up at 430ish start work at 6am. Had lunch with all his buddies and I would be dogged tired and they would be enjoying lunch and ready to finish the day. I learned so much from those guys.

Calling in sick to work means you have a bad work ethic? I would rather someone stay home and rest instead of passing potential illness to others on my team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Calling in sick to work means you have a bad work ethic? I would rather someone stay home and rest instead of passing potential illness to others on my team.

I agree dude, but this kind of turned in the an appendage measuring contest. :)

See smallvilles rant sounds like it's a common occurrence. Legitimate suck then yeah stay at home, but I've seen plenty of bs "sick staying home" because they don't wanna wirk

It all depends on the sickness.

If you have the sniffles and call off, man up.

If you are legit sick, stay home.

I haven't missed a day of work from being sick in years. And I don't plan on it any time soon.

I'll measure my appendage later.

See smallvilles rant sounds like it's a common occurrence. Legitimate suck then yeah stay at home, but I've seen plenty of bs "sick staying home" because they don't wanna wirk

You've never skipped out on work to play 18?

And if it's a common occurrence then it's a management problem and not an employee problem.

It all depends on the sickness.

If you have the sniffles and call off, man up.

If you are legit sick, stay home.

I haven't missed a day of work from being sick in years. And I don't plan on it any time soon.

I'll measure my appendage later.

I'll agree to disagree. Working in a corporate office I see how quickly things spread. I would rather have 1 person play it safe then potentially wreck the productivity of multiple team members.

I'll agree to disagree. Working in a corporate office I see how quickly things spread. I would rather have 1 person play it safe then potentially wreck the productivity of multiple team members.

Last time I checked, sniffles won't wreck productivity.

That's why I said, if you are legit sick, stay home.

You've never skipped out on work to play 18?

And if it's a common occurrence then it's a management problem and not an employee problem.

When I worked in a corporate setting, I would bail on work to play golf. It was easy to do.

Now that i have my own business, I don't "skip out on work."

I work my ass off and play golf when I can. It makes me appreciate my business and enjoy the time I get to play.

When we had separate sick and vacation time people at my job were pretty inclined to stay home if they were sick. Now that we have PTO people come to work no matter what and get the rest of us sick. It sucks.

When I worked in a corporate setting, I would bail on work to play golf. It was easy to do.

Now that i have my own business, I don't "skip out on work."

I work my ass off and play golf when I can. It makes me appreciate my business and enjoy the time I get to play.

I have the luxury of having 10 employees purposely cross trained in all areas so 1-2 people out doesn't effect our business.

I have the luxury of having 10 employees purposely cross trained in all areas so 1-2 people out doesn't effect our business.

That's awesome.

In our business (construction) anyone who takes a lot of sick days simply doesn't last. That said we tend to pass the same damn sicknesses around all winter long because on a 10-20 man crew somebody is always sick.

A second factor is simply that in construction if you don't work, you don't get paid. No such thing as paid sick days in this industry so anyone with a Mortgage comes to work every day no matter how sick they are.

That's awesome.

And I get where you are coming from. Me running a group at a larger company doesn't have the labor issues you have to deal with where staying open means you have to be there.

In our business (construction) anyone who takes a lot of sick days simply doesn't last. That said we tend to pass the same damn sicknesses around all winter long because on a 10-20 man crew somebody is always sick.

A second factor is simply that in construction if you don't work, you don't get paid. No such thing as paid sick days in this industry so anyone with a Mortgage comes to work every day no matter how sick they are.
True enough dude......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back