The best shot of the round

My best shot of the day went unrewarded. Hit a great 8 iron approach on the 12th hole. As soon as the ball was in the air I said "thats a good one". My partner says "its right on it". Then BAM, the ball hits the flag near the base and hard. Kicks fast left and rolled off the green. Would have been within 10 ft easy if I don't hit the flag. Nice to hit an iron that solid though.

Little Chip in today, landed right where I wanted it to, and although it had a little more steam on it than intended when it hit the stick, it just sucked right down into the hole.

7i from 160 today (with a borrowed 7i no less) to 8 feet with a lot of trouble in play. Aerated greens dashed my birdie hopes, but I did make par.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Little Chip in today, landed right where I wanted it to, and although it had a little more steam on it than intended when it hit the stick, it just sucked right down into the hole.

Someone's short game is on point for RR

My best shot of the day went unrewarded. Hit a great 8 iron approach on the 12th hole. As soon as the ball was in the air I said "thats a good one". My partner says "its right on it". Then BAM, the ball hits the flag near the base and hard. Kicks fast left and rolled off the green. Would have been within 10 ft easy if I don't hit the flag. Nice to hit an iron that solid though.
It's so cruel when you hit the pin, means you were dead on but rarely leaves you close.

Best shot - after an errant tee shot that I figured was off the property, I hit a provisional that went 310 yds. In the fairway, 67 yds on a 377 hole.
That wasnt the shot.
I found my ball, prob 50 yds deep in the desert. I had a shot but between me and the fairway were trees, cacti, and the cart path. Ball was just on the edge of a bush.
I caught it flush w my 56*, flew into the fairway... 4 yds behind my provisional drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played pretty poorly today overall, but my last swing on 18 felt great. 150 out with my 7 iron and finished about a foot from the cup.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Played pretty poorly today overall, but my last swing on 18 felt great. 150 out with my 7 iron and finished about a foot from the cup.

I was wondering if you were going to post that shot cause if you didn't then I was going to mention it for you. What a great shot! And let's not forget the great short game clinic you put on with your wedges from "Cleveland up and down" event.

I was wondering if you were going to post that shot cause if you didn't then I was going to mention it for you. What a great shot! And let's not forget the great short game clinic you put on with your wedges from "Cleveland up and down" event.
Thanks! The wedges did treat me pretty well today.

I hate it when people have multiple best shots, but I am going to be that guy today.

Anything I hit with my driver. Six of six fairways on the first nine. It was awesome. Too bad that's all I could do the first six holes of the nine, as 4 of 4 fairways the first 6 holes got me 11-over par.

Two contenders, if Smalls can do it. I'm going to. Ha

This a PW from 110
Putt broke more to the left than I read. Par

0e15e4bb0577e15b0a42f6a7b0c7bc1c.jpg

This one a 9 iron from 116. 15 foot down hill right to left. The greens keeper had just finished rolling the green. Went 3 feet by, made the come backer for par.

919e301fbe9a1ea145d98ad89807126c.jpg

Really happy with the 125 and in game today. #Own125

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Saturday, a near ace on the par 3 # 15 of my home course. 175 yards from an elevated tee but it plays flat. A little left-right breeze blowing. I hit a 5 iron dead straight about 10' left of the pin. The wind carried it a bit right. It landed about 6' short/left of the stick, released and lipped out leaving me a 2-footer for birdie.

Funny...one of the guys in my foursome did the exact same thing with a draw shot. He teed off right before me and we all gasped/high-fived over the near ace. He was left with a 4-footer which he sank for birdie. He reveled in his glory for about 30 seconds before I cut his birdie with mine. :)

Second shot on #9 at town and country in Sheboygan Falls (Berms). 106 out, I stuck it to 18" for my only Birdie on the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I played 36 yesterday and had 3 birdies on the par 5s. After great drives on each, I had 219, 210 and 225 yards to the pin. I hit 4H the first two times and Heavenwood on the last and left each just short of the green for pretty straight forward up and down chutts or chips. I struggle with both the 4H and Heavenwood off the deck, but yesterday I was able to hit mid flight, wind piercing shots with the 4H and a big high draw with the Heavenwood.

The best shot from Sunday's mediocre round was the 25 ft birdie putt that found it's way in the hole.

I hit my 1st shot in a par 3 into a green side bunker. Pulled out the MD3 60 and proceeded to hit one to a few inches for the tap in par.

3H on a downhill par 4 to 35 feet, nice and easy 2 putt for birdie.

17th hole, par 3 at 142 yds. into the wind. 6 iron to 2 ft. and made the birdie putt. 18th hole, par 4 @ 335 yds. uphill. Good drive to the right side of the fairway and then an 8 iron flushed to 8 ft. from 135 yds. and made the birdie putt. Birdie 17 & 18, that's the Golf God saying "Come on Mick, come on back for another round." :thumb: :joy:

Last edited:
120 yard elevated par 3. Stuck my AW to 5 feet. Nice high ball flight right at the pin.

I had a bad round and was basically ready to quit the game. But my last shot on 18 I hit a 110 yard wedge just like I wanted right at the flag. Now I am ready to come back for more.

25' put for eagle Sunday after Emart hit a 308 bomb and afwcardinal put 230 yards to 25' good teamwork for a scramble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low runner 8i 68y to 4in...birdie

265 to pin, flushed a 3 wood to 30 feet below the pin. 2 putt birdie.

301 yard par 4... 220 yard 4 iron to fairway... gap wedge from 92 yards to a back pin. Ball settled 8 feet right of the hole.

I three-putted.

I hate golf.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Back