Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to me like the M1 dominated.

Yeah I was pretty surprised. The JGR held its own though, That's for sure. But dispersion was just tighter with the M1. Avg off center was almost spot on.

Yeah I was pretty surprised. The JGR held its own though, That's for sure. But dispersion was just tighter with the M1. Avg off center was almost spot on.
JGR just definitely held its own. Looks like you overpowered the M2.

Those side spin numbers on the M1 are nuts though. Very long and very straight. Confirms what I was seeing this weekend.

Did you happen to move the weight all the way forward? Turned into a race car shifting into top gear once I did.

JGR just definitely held its own. Looks like you overpowered the M2.

Those side spin numbers on the M1 are nuts though. Very long and very straight. Confirms what I was seeing this weekend.

Did you happen to move the weight all the way forward? Turned into a race car shifting into top gear once I did.

No I didn't. I wanted to make it as fair as possible in the comparison so I had everything as neutral and comparable as possible. Just the fact that the M1 can be adjusted that much further to get these numbers dialed in even more is pretty darn good. But wouldn't even know where to begin with so many settings. I definitely wouldn't want to go backward in results! Lol

No I didn't. I wanted to make it as fair as possible in the comparison so I had everything as neutral and comparable as possible. Just the fact that the M1 can be adjusted that much further to get these numbers dialed in even more is pretty darn good. But wouldn't even know where to begin with so many settings. I definitely wouldn't want to go backward in results! Lol
I wouldnt either. You were hitting it straight though so the face weight I think should stay put.

The ball flight was great for me in the stock position but moving it forward made the flight amazing. Razor sharp, piercing drives.

I would be interested in seeing numbers on the M1 with the flight weight in stock and all the way forward. Your spin was super low as it was so Im curious, at least, to how it would affect your data

Despite everyone's very reasonable advice to get wedges instead, I'm still seriously pondering a driver. Even more so because my wedges have been pretty solid the past couple rounds, but my driver has not (it's the club's fault, naturally). Specifically, pondering a 816 DBD, XR Pro, or Sub Zero, though Sub Zero will probably get scratched off the list because there's nowhere I can try it out locally. The M1 might get added after reading all the stuff from Club Clash though.

As of right now it's been narrowed to three drivers. JGR, XR16 and XR16 pro

Pondering a GBB 3W since the Mini and I have yet to reach any sort of agreement. I've got a bunch of trade bait here at the house and it seems only right to match it up with the GBB HW. Going to head up to the store here the next couple of days to make sure it fits gap-wise. Going to hit the XR 16 as well, but I like the idea of being able to adjust it if needed. Thinking a 17˚ 3W could fit in well.

Pondering a GBB 3W since the Mini and I have yet to reach any sort of agreement. I've got a bunch of trade bait here at the house and it seems only right to match it up with the GBB HW. Going to head up to the store here the next couple of days to make sure it fits gap-wise. Going to hit the XR 16 as well, but I like the idea of being able to adjust it if needed. Thinking a 17˚ 3W could fit in well.

Do NOT sleep on the 816 16*. Heavy back, its the highest MOI fairway in their line, and freaking awesome.

Don't let the 816 name fool you, Ddec was 100% correct about that in his review.

Do NOT sleep on the 816 16*. Heavy back, its the highest MOI fairway in their line, and freaking awesome.

Don't let the 816 name fool you, Ddec was 100% correct about that in his review.

It's been a fun couple weeks with it for sure. Way less 'playery' than I expected, and probably more receptive than the XR16 pro is to off center.

Really not at all what I was expecting... And the sound is great. Different and great.

I'll make sure to hit that as well. Thanks!

I can see you gaming the JGR like a champ.

it was a workhorse yesterday and went long regardless of the swing I put on it.

The ball flight and feel I had with the xr16 pro on the flightscope still stand out in my head and the three swings I took with Kangs yesterday before the round.

The first two were absolutely murdered. The xr16 had some good launch and ball speed and with a shaft tweet I can get the spin numbers down and make for an wen better flight to my eye. The more I have thought about things today the xr16 and JGR are very friendly to my swing.

Crazy how many good drivers are available right now and this weekend shed lots of light.

Stupid stop at GS has the Zero on heavy ponder again. Sub 3K spin but not a fair comparison as I did not have my shaft with me. Something will be riding with me in my truck just in case I can stop by again. Along with one of my gamer ammo.

It's been a fun couple weeks with it for sure. Way less 'playery' than I expected, and probably more receptive than the XR16 pro is to off center.

Really not at all what I was expecting... And the sound is great. Different and great.

Its a beast.

Putting one of these in play today with the LZ 60. I've only taken something like 2 swings with it, but I think it will pair quite nicely with the Heavenwood.

Honestly just apparel and shoes for me. I am very very content with my golf bag.

All pondering will shift to Bettinardi Putters this month leading up to the social . That said I am sure something will pop up as well

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Taking the THP Tour Van out throughout the state of FL this weekend. Stopping at a bunch of courses and ranges. If you are there, the van will have Srixon sample balls for everybody and the ability to test out some incredible 2016 drivers.

All pondering will shift to Bettinardi Putters this month leading up to the social . That said I am sure something will pop up as well

I forgot to ask you this weekend, if that custom ever came to be?

I forgot to ask you this weekend, if that custom ever came to be?
It will be the custom program is on hold currently until after the social so it is in the plans when it starts back up this summer.

new shafts for my wedges. After that no more pondering!!!!!!!! :p

Ever pondering on that XR16 driver, especially after club clash.

Taking the THP Tour Van out throughout the state of FL this weekend. Stopping at a bunch of courses and ranges. If you are there, the van will have Srixon sample balls for everybody and the ability to test out some incredible 2016 drivers.

Do You have a route map? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back