One Amenity You Wish Your Course Had?

I wish they had fitting carts.

oh and sand in the bunkers would be nice

Comfort stations.

Beverage Cart and/or GPS. My local course (in a small town) used to have both, but they got rid of them. I wish they at least had the Beverage Cart on weekends when they were busier, but no dice.

Of the regular courses I play, GPS in carts would be nice, also Comfort Stations, but obviously that is a pipe dream...

If I can't get comfort stations I guess I would settle for blueberry infused vodka and lemonade

i think a range with nice grass to hit off of is something i would want too. Plus USB ports in the cart for charging and maybe wifi hot spots in all the carts so i dont have to burn through data for things like pandora and periscope and tapatalk

i think a range with nice grass to hit off of is something i would want too. Plus USB ports in the cart for charging and maybe wifi hot spots in all the carts so i dont have to burn through data for things like pandora and periscope and tapatalk

A course in KC installed bluetooth speakers in their carts.. While I don't live there anymore, I still get their emails and I thought that was a pretty sweet touch.

Plus USB ports in the cart for charging and maybe wifi hot spots in all the carts so i dont have to burn through data for things like pandora and periscope and tapatalk

Oh, this is huge. This should be standard practice these days

USB ports are the best. Would love to have them at any course around here.

Remove double post

WiFi hotspots would be fantastic! I also imagine expensive. Maybe they could just put some antennas around the course in strategic locations instead of in the carts it could work.

I really enjoy what my club has to offer. It's not the best but it's certainly not the worse.

I think some better facilities out on the course, restrooms and ice and water, and GPS on carts.

To be honest, it's hard to think of one. I guess the only thing is there's no GPS in the carts, but as someone who doesn't ride, it doesn't make much of a difference to me.

A gym would be nice actually.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'll just base this off my semi-home course.

Grass driving range and a practice putting green closer to where the first tees are.

The amenity my home course is really lacking is GPS on the carts.
This, but due to our cart storage capability not being enclosed, we probably couldn't have them.

The majority of what is mentioned so far, I have at my club so I'm good there. However, there is a little nag that I would request (which they are looking into doing), but I would love it if on the tee box they had that little bin to toss broken tees into. I have no idea why, but broken tees all over the box drives me nuts. If pace of play is slow, you will see me out there policing the box and cleaning up. :act-up:

Better driving range and short game practice area.
Locker rooms(which are being taken care of as they rebuild the clubhouse)

A driving range.

We'll never have one as there is no room. The one piece of land that it could work, is on the far end of the course, but the land is owned by the college across the street and they won't let it go. All that ever happens there is a guy who comes and hays the field every six months or so.

A driving range.

We'll never have one as there is no room. The one piece of land that it could work, is on the far end of the course, but the land is owned by the college across the street and they won't let it go. All that ever happens there is a guy who comes and hays the field every six months or so.

Have you guys ever considered nets or something? I know I have played some courses (Deer Creek comes to mind) that at least will let you get some warmup swings in that way.

WiFi hotspots would be fantastic! I also imagine expensive. Maybe they could just put some antennas around the course in strategic locations instead of in the carts it could work.

This is my current project at work, just under a mile of trenches, lots of new gear, and we are nearly ready for course wide wifi. Covering 175 acres with great wifi was more challenging than I initially thought and is likely why more courses don't already have it. But it's one of those that every new course should be being built with these days.

As for our course I would kill for extra holes so we could do major repairs without interrupting play as much.

Have you guys ever considered nets or something? I know I have played some courses (Deer Creek comes to mind) that at least will let you get some warmup swings in that way.

They actually did after they remodeled. But the owner ran out of money and never got it done. Now that we are owned by GreatLife, I am hoping they will do it.

I would love it if on the tee box they had that little bin to toss broken tees into. I have no idea why, but broken tees all over the box drives me nuts. If pace of play is slow, you will see me out there policing the box and cleaning up. :act-up:

Yes! We were just talking about this last weekend. Another area course has a little triangle shaped box with a wire mesh bottom as the cart path side tee box marker. Because its there everyone throws the broken tees in it and there are almost no pieces left all over the place.

I need to remember to tell our course owner about that...

More water stations, right now there's 2 on the front, 1 on hole 3 tee, don't really need it that early in the round! and on the back you'll go from hole 12 tee to the clubhouse without water.

A club house would be nice. It would also probably lessen the amount of people who don't pay green fees on the 'honor system.'

~Rock

Back