The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My follow-up was earlier. Apparently the numbness is totally normal and just part of the nerve regeneration. He took my stitches out and said he doesn't need to see me again. And when I asked about golf, he responded with: "get back out there **ssy!"
I had wrist surgery in '97. I asked the Dr. if I could play golf when he was done. He asked, "Could you play before?"

Touche', Doctor. Touche'.

Being in Sales and Management, I have not had a full week off without the phone in 15 years. Tried it by frowarding my phone to a partner and within 3 hours he demanded I take it back. Just part of the job since the next call or email could be that big deal or a customer in trouble, but all that being said I will take off 2 separate weeks (I have 5 weeks coming) this summer and fall and shut off the phone. Our Company policy is use it or lose it and rarely do any of the Sales people take what they have available. The feeling of just being burned out is getting stronger everyday, retirement is not in the cards for at least 6-7 years unless the lottery comes though.

And you are right about Europe, I have friends from Italy and they basically close the country down for the month of August. Folks in South America take every minute they have coming and enjoy their time. We are really the only Country where we are trained that we cannot be gone or out of touch anymore or the world will stop turning or we will be replaced. Sad but true and it will not get better unless we make it better.

I know you have, but still for the bettter part of 8 or 9 years, you haven't really had vacation....you can blame the CEO :)

You know what's also funny, is I believe it's common in Europe for workers to have much more vacation time than Americans for whatever that's worth.

I have a package coming from Germany that was supposed to arrive by 4/22 the latest. Since 4/9 tracking has said its cleared German customs and on it's way to the US. I find it incredibly unlikely I get it by the 22nd and very very frustrating.

I have a package coming from Germany that was supposed to arrive by 4/22 the latest. Since 4/9 tracking has said its cleared German customs and on it's way to the US. I find it incredibly unlikely I get it by the 22nd and very very frustrating.

I get that same thing from time to time with things coming from over seas and then all of the sudden it just shows up, usually pretty close to on time too.

Man just down in the dumps lately. Where is that light that is supposedly at the end of the tunnel. I have absolutely no motivation right now.

I get that same thing from time to time with things coming from over seas and then all of the sudden it just shows up, usually pretty close to on time too.

That's what I'm hoping for. Its happened before with both domestic and international packages, where it just says delivered and nothing gets updated. Its coming over via DHL so it wouldn't surprise me to be honest. I'm just impatient at this point.

My follow-up was earlier. Apparently the numbness is totally normal and just part of the nerve regeneration. He took my stitches out and said he doesn't need to see me again. And when I asked about golf, he responded with: "get back out there **ssy!"

Good news man

Man just down in the dumps lately. Where is that light that is supposedly at the end of the tunnel. I have absolutely no motivation right now.

Next January you will not be dealing with an Ohio winter. Is that good enough?

I feel ya, I am doctor right now my right arm is still numb and my neck is killing me. Seems one thing gets better then something else happens

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Pinched nerve under your left shoulder blade. Will send you the bill...hope you get it resolved!

Case of, waiting to hear about the new job and already wanting to put one foot out the door of the current one? I've been there before, not a fun place to be. Hoping you get final word soon!!

I am tired of Dr visits. Not just the interruption to my work schedule but the more I go the worse the news is becoming. Once I clear one hurtle, the next one comes even bigger. Completely drained mentally. Anxienty level is at an all time high right now. Just want to crawl under a rock for a while.
You know to call me if you need to vent.

I feel ya, I am doctor right now my right arm is still numb and my neck is killing me. Seems one thing gets better then something else happens

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

She must have been large and in charge. Hope it was worth it :alien:

Feel better bro

She must have been large and in charge. Hope it was worth it :alien:

Feel better bro
Shane has been on his best behavior lately it seems. You know something is wrong then .... Hope the doc gets it taken care of for you shaneo know how much it was bothering you

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Next January you will not be dealing with an Ohio winter. Is that good enough?
I wish it was that easy. January feels so far out of reach at the moment.

Case of, waiting to hear about the new job and already wanting to put one foot out the door of the current one? I've been there before, not a fun place to be. Hoping you get final word soon!!
Me too. Have to head back down to Florida next week for more interviews. I'm so checked out of my current job at a time where there is so much activity, with word of more clients being assigned to me. Add in the house and relatively little movement it's frustrating to say the least.

Having us second guess for sure...

Me too. Have to head back down to Florida next week for more interviews. I'm so checked out of my current job at a time where there is so much activity, with word of more clients being assigned to me. Add in the house and relatively little movement it's frustrating to say the least.

It's rough man, but these transitions are rarely easy. It will be worth it in the end.

Being in Sales and Management, I have not had a full week off without the phone in 15 years. Tried it by frowarding my phone to a partner and within 3 hours he demanded I take it back. Just part of the job since the next call or email could be that big deal or a customer in trouble, but all that being said I will take off 2 separate weeks (I have 5 weeks coming) this summer and fall and shut off the phone. Our Company policy is use it or lose it and rarely do any of the Sales people take what they have available. The feeling of just being burned out is getting stronger everyday, retirement is not in the cards for at least 6-7 years unless the lottery comes though.

And you are right about Europe, I have friends from Italy and they basically close the country down for the month of August. Folks in South America take every minute they have coming and enjoy their time. We are really the only Country where we are trained that we cannot be gone or out of touch anymore or the world will stop turning or we will be replaced. Sad but true and it will not get better unless we make it better.

This country is pretty messed up when it comes to people taking vacation. I don't think I've taken all my vacation in 20 years. A real bad habit I guess. I recently worked for a company headquartered in the US with operations in Europe (Belgium and Germany). Everyone in Europe took every single day of vacation, in the US on the other hand, people were terrified to take a 4 day weekend!

just to clarify, I stated that asking if that was how you were feeling, not saying I was. I LOVE my new job...ha But that is how I felt at my last place while I was waiting for this to come though. So I get what you mean about being checked out.

Don't worry lulls are normal, especially for jobs at the level you're looking at. With some many top level management people involved, and their travel schedules, I'm sure it's tough for them to find time to discuss the offer. Usually they have so many other things on their plate when they get together as well.

it'll happen, I'm sure of it!!

Struggling with some anxiety which is totally out of character for me.

Damn dude hope it passes that stuff is the worst.
Really sucks. I don't like how my mind races off to worst case scenario.

Found out today my grandfathers cancer is Stage 4 lung cancer, pretty bleak outlook. He had emergency surgery over the weekend, they removed a tumor from his back and had to fuse the F5-11 vertebrae.

The worse part he has been to the doctor complaining about back pain and they kept telling him it was arthritis. It was probably too late at that point also but it's only gotten worse.

So so so so sorry to hear that Austin. T&P's.

That's awful Wake. Eff cancer!

Hate the news about your grandpa so much, Austin. Thoughts and prayers for him, you and the family.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thinking about your family Austin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back