XTD Forged VS Hopkins

williaza

Reaction score
Handicap
Throwing this out there. Although I know it will be hard to answer. I currently play the Hopkins DJ-21. I have found the Adams XTD Forged irons on sale for a pretty ridiculous low price. Was wondering if anyone thought how these compare. Forgiveness etc. Thanks

All I can really say is that the Adams CMB was a far better iron than the XTD forged imo. If you can find a good deal on those I would buy them in a heart beat.

Thank you

If your happy with the Hopkins, why switch. You could just waste money on something that doesn't work

If your happy with the Hopkins, why switch. You could just waste money on something that doesn't work

Good question. That I dont really have a great answer for except, if many here said how the XTD were superior it would be an opportunity to get good irons for $299

Good question. That I dont really have a great answer for except, if many here said how the XTD were superior it would be an opportunity to get good irons for $299

Superior for whom is what I'd ask. If, say for instance, when the 915 hybrids came out and Canadan reviewed them. I knew I could relate since we both have similar games in terms of ball striking. I didn't need a hybo but I knew the source.

If you don't know the source I'd tread carefully.

I have never hit the Hopkins, but I game the XTD Forged. I really really like them. They are not over the top forgiving, but I think they are forgiving for the type of iron they are.

$299 is a GOOD price, but I think you could find better if you hold out a little bit. I got a mint set of 5-GW for right at $200 shipped.

As far as vs. CMB's. I find the XTD Forged a little more forgiving, but both are really good irons.

I have never hit the Hopkins, but I game the XTD Forged. I really really like them. They are not over the top forgiving, but I think they are forgiving for the type of iron they are.

$299 is a GOOD price, but I think you could find better if you hold out a little bit. I got a mint set of 5-GW for right at $200 shipped.

As far as vs. CMB's. I find the XTD Forged a little more forgiving, but both are really good irons.

Thank you. The $299 is for the 3*, 4*, 5-PW. I appreciate your response.

Thank you. The $299 is for the 3*, 4*, 5-PW. I appreciate your response.

Yep... that is a great deal! I believe Rock Bottom Golf is running that promotion. You might find a coupon code for them as well. New golf equipment never hurts anyone.

Yep... that is a great deal! I believe Rock Bottom Golf is running that promotion. You might find a coupon code for them as well. New golf equipment never hurts anyone.

I am basically looking at this as almost a deal you cant pass up. The only thing I was trying to figure out is if the irons were just so far beyond my skill level that the purchase was completely useless. Like I said I usually play around 89-90 golf although iron strikes are not really the downfall of my current game. And the DJ-21 are already a "players type" iron. Your post has made it seem that these are not true blades and ultra unforgiving. So once again thanks

I am basically looking at this as almost a deal you cant pass up. The only thing I was trying to figure out is if the irons were just so far beyond my skill level that the purchase was completely useless. Like I said I usually play around 89-90 golf although iron strikes are not really the downfall of my current game. And the DJ-21 are already a "players type" iron. Your post has made it seem that these are not true blades and ultra unforgiving. So once again thanks

I normally hover around the low 80s and I find them perfectly playable. Iron play is one of my better assets (if I have any). They are not G Series irons, but I think you will be fine.

I normally hover around the low 80s and I find them perfectly playable. Iron play is one of my better assets (if I have any). They are not G Series irons, but I think you will be fine.

Just saw your PM sorry responded here first before i saw it. Thanks again.

Back