TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 Wedges

While I prefer rust eeeeeerrrrrryyyyyyywhwwwweeeerrrreeeeee, I can get down with a rusty face.

Shape is really good.

Boy, I've been contemplating new wedges for quite some time but nothing screamed get in my bag.........until now.

I like the look of the grooves. Interested to see/read what performance tech is involved with this.

Nice. Only thing I don’t like about my Milled grind Taylormade wedges is the insane glare on some shots depending on the suns position. Otherwise, they’ve been pretty incredible wedges for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m excited to hear more about these, but more than that, to try them eventually.

d67df80177aca5605e92ff333d22d922.jpg

These will be my next wedges. Oh yes.

These will be my next wedges. Oh yes.

I want these really bad too! I keep checking for a release date...now that I dropped a driving iron from the bag I need an extra wedge, and want 3 of these!

They got some play this week at The Open. I'm excited to hear more about them.

any update when these release? I really like my rtx4's but love how these look! My wedge shafts came last week and been holding on to them until these come out

PGA Superstore by me released these early! Both look amazing but I went with the chrome in a 50 and 54! Didn’t hit them but will go to a chipping green tomorrow and put them against my current rtx4’s.

also the the Bigfoot hi toe looks pretty cool actually. I had an original 60 hi toe and loved it, debating trying the big foot since I typically play very early mornings when it’s still wet and soft out

Last edited:
absolutely love these wedges!! pga store by me released all the new TM stuff a few days ago. got a 50 and 54 in the chrome (only b/c they had black only in 56 - 60 and im impatient lol) and a 60* hi toe big foot.

These things spin like crazy and are so easy to hit. In person they are the best wedges ive ever seen. I've sworn and raved all year about how amazing the Cleveland rtx4's are, these MG2 wedges immediately kicked the rtx4's out of the bag.

I was hitting 12-15 yard pitch shots from the rough with the 54 that I swear bounced once and stopped immediately!! The rtx4's have very good spin, the MG2's have more and its not just b/c its a new wedge face compared to about 50 rounds with my Clevelands. The Clevelands never immediately checked from that short of a distance like the MG2's have.

As someone who's always loved and preferred Taylormade, I can say their wedges usually are a miss. Thats changed big time after this release. I do wish there were more choices in bounce options, but overall thats the only complaint. Im looking forward to spending more time on the course and practicing to see how versatile these are. So far normal chips and pitches have blown me away.

Also that Bigfoot wedge is so fun to hit. Its almost impossible to mishit it. even with 15* of bounce I found you can chip from tight, firm, or soft lies. im hit or miss out of the sand. 2 shots in a row I can make the ball check up and spin then the next shot can get skulled over the green 20 yards. hit about 30 balls from the practice bunker with the Bigfoot and landed almost every one on the green effortlessly. This was so much easier to hit from deeper rough consistently than my current Cleveland.

This is one I was looking at very seriously. Custom out the way I want(shaft, grip) will be $230.+ For a single club that's a lot. I'll still try and demo them. They just look so good.

I hit these yesterday at Golf Galaxy, hit the 50/54/60 next to the MD5's.

Mentioned it in that thread but man the MD5 are light feeling overall to me, these are much more of a head heavy feel, for ME.

Also, I liked the feel here better. Spin to spin it was pretty much dead even, and launch to launch the same.

Both really good options....but the black finish on these is FREAKING AMAZING in hand.

Might end up my gamers this next season. Still want to hit the PING's and the Mizzies as well as giving the CBX2 a long workout.

I have a few thoughts about these:

1. They feel fairly heavy, which is neither good nor bad, but if you want a heavier feel, these should be on your list to check out.

2. They spin as well as anything I have ever tried. I was continually spinning them back 10 yards, which frankly is more spin than I want, but the greens were really wet, so it may be an anomaly.

3. They feel good, not great, at least to me.

5. They set up extremely well.

I have a few thoughts about these:

1. They feel fairly heavy, which is neither good nor bad, but if you want a heavier feel, these should be on your list to check out.

2. They spin as well as anything I have ever tried. I was continually spinning them back 10 yards, which frankly is more spin than I want, but the greens were really wet, so it may be an anomaly.

3. They feel good, not great, at least to me.

5. They set up extremely well.

You share almost the exact same thoughts as me, although spin was similar to other wedges I tried. Almost identical to my feelings across the board.

The black version might just be the best looking wedge on the market.

Yep, I said it.

If I move to HMB's this winter, these might get the nod in the wedges. REALLY would like some longer term work with them than one indoor monitor session though.

Still thinking about these a lot after hitting them at GG. Really have a chance come spring to fight for the bag I think.

Just insanely good looking, and the numbers were good too.

Still thinking about these a lot after hitting them at GG. Really have a chance come spring to fight for the bag I think.

Just insanely good looking, and the numbers were good too.

So far I’m loving the performance I’ve seen from these over the rtx 4s. I loved my Cleveland’s and still have them in my backup bag, but the mg2’s feel better to me. I like the heavy head... short pitch shots from the rough have checked and stopped faster with these over the rtx 4s

And like you keep saying, these are the best looking wedges out there! Absolutely stunning

Finally looked at these in store and they are nice looking wedges. If I was in the market, I’d consider them.

82b23a80666adf7189a8b1363b795a35.jpg
4a37012d25819acaec800145da2599cf.jpg

This happened today. Traded in my SM7’s and do not regret my decision. They feel incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back