Srixon Z355 Driver Review

Srixon Z355 Driver Review

There are definitely higher and lower spinning heads. All equipment is different.

So how would you classify this head in terms of spin? What would be an example of a high spin head. I'm genuinely curious as my club head speed has decreased over the years my spin rate has lowered. So getting help in generating spin is of interest to me.

So how would you classify this head in terms of spin? What would be an example of a high spin head. I'm genuinely curious as my club head speed has decreased over the years my spin rate has lowered. So getting help in generating spin is of interest to me.

I dont think there are any high spin heads any more, at least from any of the major brands. I think this is low to mid in terms of spin. Most golfers we saw were under 3000 RPMs with it.

I dont think there are any high spin heads any more, at least from any of the major brands. I think this is low to mid in terms of spin. Most golfers we saw were under 3000 RPMs with it.
And big range of swing speeds absolutely hammered this club!

Yes sir. In making my way through the cards, this was easily top 3 biggest surprises to the participants.

I was right in the middle with spin on this one. Right around 3500 with great ball flight.
This one was definitely a surprise to me. Liked it on the range and on the course.

i don't remember anyone I played with that didn't like this and I saw it get pounded all weekend

After the Cub Clash thread and chatting with emart about this, I need to add this to the hit list as well.

After the Cub Clash thread and chatting with emart about this, I need to add this to the hit list as well.
It will definitely surprise you. It was an unexpected launcher for many this weekend. I personally really liked this club.

I was the lucky winner of the Z355 driver from Club Clash 2016; the driver arrived a few days ago so I was able to put it into play yesterday. Overall I would rate my tee shot as one of the strengths of my game with a left to right ball flight. I currently play a TaylorMade R1 set at 9.5* and a neutral face angle. While I generally play a fade, I am able to work the ball from right to left when needed. The Z355 is 10.5* and I played the club with the default settings. The course conditions were 81*, wet, and slightly breezy.

Others have described the looks of this club and I have to agree; it is a great looking club. In the THP review it wa described as having a shallow face but after comparing it to my R1, I would say it isn't that much shallower that what I currently play. The biggest distraction for me was the face. The black R1 face makes the head and face blend together while the silver face of the Z355 really stood out at address.

Now to the big question; how did it perform for me. In general I think the club fit me well and pretty much every hit was dead center on the face based on ball marks left on the face. My biggest issue was that most of my swings resulted in a push. I would get 10-15 yard right of my intended line. I tried setting up for a draw and was generally able to move the ball flight back the the left with a straight to baby draw ball flight. As I expected the 10.5* face launched the ball a little higher than my preferred flight. I will need more time with the club to determin optimal tee height as I was able to vary the height with tee adjustments. Since I was playing a course I was very familiar with, I was able to compare distances. At this point I don't know if it was the wet fairways or the higher loft but I felt like I get more distance with the R1 although I was still in the same relative position I normally am when compared to my playing partners.

If I can work out the kinks, I think I am going to like this driver. Going to try and change the setting to close the face and see if I can get a better ball flight. I contacted Srixon customer service and got a digital copy of the instruction manual; now just need to find an adjustment wrench.

Thanks for your informative post. I am considering this driver, so I look forward to any updates or additional information you can provide.

THP Review of the new Srixon Z355 Driver is up on the home page. Everything you will want to know about this new release can be found here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/srixon-355-driver-review/
Figured we have so many new members they might have missed this link at some point!

Just a solid performing driver, not necessarily going to light the world on fire, but the shaft weighting tech freaking works, its like swinging a hammer at a nail.

Figured we have so many new members they might have missed this link at some point!

Just a solid performing driver, not necessarily going to light the world on fire, but the shaft weighting tech freaking works, its like swinging a hammer at a nail.
My thumb does not appreciate that simile.

But I loved the driver, I agree it didn't light the world on fire but it was so easy to hit a solid drive with it.

Second time out with the Z355 today but I don't have a tool to adjust the head so we still have the neutral setting. The majority of my tee shots were still going right; however, toward the end of my 9 holes I started hitting a nice power fade with a boring trajectory. I would still like to close it down a couple of degrees but the last few tee shots were highly desirable. The club seems to be sneaky long. Soon I am going to have to get to a range and do a head to head with the R1 that has performed well for me.

After my lone SR golfer gave this one back to me at the end of the season I gave it to my 3-bag, who had been playing a crazy strange house brand driver with a uni-flex shaft in it, and the change has been aaaaaaaaaamazing. He's hit some BOMBS with it already. He's quick from the top so the weighting is a really really really good thing for him.

Just bought one, couldn't find a demo.... But I have a quick, troublesome transition, and tend to get too aggressive on my downswing with an OTT motion. My swing is improving with lessons. Hopefully this combo can help bring some control off the tee!

Two 300 yard drives yesterday! On the fairway that I was aiming for!!! The control I have with this driver coupled with the swing changes I've been working on is $$$$! Too bad it's the end of the season....

Two 300 yard drives yesterday! On the fairway that I was aiming for!!! The control I have with this driver coupled with the swing changes I've been working on is $$$$! Too bad it's the end of the season....

Nice drives, keep up the good work .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back