TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

M2 was positively on point today. I used it off the tee 11 times and hit 9 fairways while the two "misses" were in the fringe and resulted in a GIR anyways. With the ground firming up here I'm seeing more and more distance every day and my ability to work the ball both ways when I need to is really fun.

Played with 3 strangers today and all 3 came up to me at some point during the round and said "What freaking driver is that and where do I get one!?"

Hit my JGR against the M1 and M2. The TM drivers both had the HZRDUS 65g 6.5 shaft. The JGR had the Fubuki ZT 60x

The M2 just didn't produce the numbers the M1 did. Forgiveness for me was much better with the M1. Both were hit as neutral as possible to make a fair comparison, the same shaft was used.

4ee1d1fa23fca020258dd195ecb6f20e.jpg

Hit my JGR against the M1 and M2. The TM drivers both had the HZRDUS 65g 6.5 shaft. The JGR had the Fubuki ZT 60x

Hard to argue with those numbers!

Saw lots of the same results this weekend that many have seen with the penalizing shots on the heel. It was long on center contact and I had my longest drive on the range with this driver. The fujikura pro with this wphad mixed results with a ball flight gang was ok. After the shaft was changed sun morning to an x flex shaft the ball flight for a few guys including myself was much better and a lot more piercing.

Bought this club few days ago. I have one range session with it so far. Hit it exactly like the launch monitor session.

1. the dispersion is not tight on this club, sprays it left and right
2. hard to launch higher with club
3. off center hits feel terrible with this club
4. club feels heavy to me
5. the 1/5 I hit pure feels pretty good and goes far

Have a Vegas trip later this week, this club staying in my garage...my 915D2 much easier to hit and way more forgiving.

Will give the M2 more of a chance later....first impression, not good.

Bought this club few days ago. I have one range session with it so far. Hit it exactly like the launch monitor session.

1. the dispersion is not tight on this club, sprays it left and right
2. hard to launch higher with club
3. off center hits feel terrible with this club
4. club feels heavy to me
5. the 1/5 I hit pure feels pretty good and goes far

Have a Vegas trip later this week, this club staying in my garage...my 915D2 much easier to hit and way more forgiving.

Will give the M2 more of a chance later....first impression, not good.

What made you purchase it after the bolded?

I bought it despite by bad launch monitor session cause LM not the same as range or actual course. I thought I was just swinging bad at Golfsmith., but range session mimicked LM exactly. Then I hit my 915 and hit it decent.

I have the stock Fujikara shaft in regular.

My driver swing is 93-97 mph, maybe I don't swing fast enough for this club but I noticed I had a hard time getting this thing in the air very high. The toe and heel hits do not feel very solid at all. Felt heavier to e also compared to my 915D2 with 50 gram Diamana red shaft.

I bought it despite by bad launch monitor session cause LM not the same as range or actual course. I thought I was just swinging bad at Golfsmith., but range session mimicked LM exactly. Then I hit my 915 and hit it decent.

I have the stock Fujikara shaft in regular.

My driver swing is 93-97 mph, maybe I don't swing fast enough for this club but I noticed I had a hard time getting this thing in the air very high. The toe and heel hits do not feel very solid at all. Felt heavier to e also compared to my 915D2 with 50 gram Diamana red shaft.

With so many great options, check out a thread like THP Club Clash that just took place this past week, where regular golfers got to test everything out on the market currently, both on the range and course. Tons of feedback.

This club really shined for me at Club clash. Highest recorded ball speed, pounded it on the range. It continued on course, easy to hit and forgiving (other than heel miss)

This club really shined for me at Club clash. Highest recorded ball speed, pounded it on the range. It continued on course, easy to hit and forgiving (other than heel miss)

Try it with the Tensei, I am loving the combo.

Try it with the Tensei, I am loving the combo.

I more I hear about the Tensei shaft, the better the results the person swinging it gets. I've spoken with three separate people about this shaft and each person loves it. Three different SS but all say it feels good for them.

Before I purchased my M2 I tried it against pretty much everything available and the thing that stood out to me was higher ball speed with M2 consistently. Dialed in the launch, spin and feel with shaft, adjusted the headweight a little and the rest is history.

Before I purchased my M2 I tried it against pretty much everything available and the thing that stood out to me was higher ball speed with M2 consistently. Dialed in the launch, spin and feel with shaft, adjusted the headweight a little and the rest is history.
This picture sums it up for me....
02b8a1893c89d3f5d440e1d72af8bdef.jpg

Par 4 hahahaha

This picture sums it up for me....
02b8a1893c89d3f5d440e1d72af8bdef.jpg

Par 4 hahahaha
Did you sink the putt?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I've got 99 problems but the M2 ain't one of them. The season long battle between the M2 and XR16 continues but the M2 keeps coming back strong when pushed for the top spot. 4 rounds this week and 43/48 for FIR's and not a bad hit among them. My miss isn't the heel, it's the toe so when i go that way this club has all the forgiveness I need. Starting to think I just need to commit and accept a bad round or two because the good rounds more then make up for it.

I bought one Monday after hitting it and a number of other drivers indoors on a LM. I prefer to try outdoors but the place I bought it was so helpful and it was so consistently straight and forgiving I said what the heck and bought it on the spot. I had my existing driver with me so I could see how it performed and the M2 was longer and I just hit the darn thing straighter than anything I have ever swung (did I say that already). Stock Fujikura Pro regular shaft - nothing esoteric but it was really working for me - easy swing, straight and good distances. I think once I get comfortable with it and see outdoor ball flight, I can push it a little harder.

I think I hit 20 straight shots with it with the biggest miss either way being 8 yards and all were 250+ (and to account for any jacking up of a LM, I had my existing driver that would match those distances on good hits but got punished on mishits - those distances are consistent with what I get outdoors).

Looking forward to getting it out on the course this weekend.

My love affair with this one has come to an end. Still a fantastic club that produced some great results but found something that produces a sound and feel I am much more comfortable with and gets me some better launch conditions.

My love affair with this one has come to an end. Still a fantastic club that produced some great results but found something that produces a sound and feel I am much more comfortable with and gets me some better launch conditions.

Wow didn't think the Xr16 would dethrone the M2 after the numbers and rounds you were posting. But comfort plays a huge roll so glad you found something you like

Wow didn't think the Xr16 would dethrone the M2 after the numbers and rounds you were posting. But comfort plays a huge roll so glad you found something you like

The combo numbers I am getting from the XR 16 Pro and the Grandura are too good to ignore.

The combo numbers I am getting from the XR 16 Pro and the Grandura are too good to ignore.

Reading that, can't wait for the staff Callout against Panda.

Playing this past weekend, finally had a low heel miss. Was a brutal duck hook that went OB.

Now, I was sore from working out and was playing super early, so my swing wasn't very good, so it didn't bother me at all. BUT, I can see for those that regularly miss there multiple times per round, how it would be a non-starter for them with this club.

Could I talk you into selling the clubhead since you no longer intend to use it?

Got fitted for an M2 at Celtic Manor ended up with a 9.5 degree head with an aldila tour green shaft 75g stiff. Such a beautiful club so such a great feeling to use it.

Back