Lynx Black Cat Fairway Wood Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great write up Dean!! Those look pretty good to me. I like that sole weight system. Looks a lot like what Cobra is doing on the F9 drivers.

Great write up Dean!! Those look pretty good to me. I like that sole weight system. Looks a lot like what Cobra is doing on the F9 drivers.

The swinging weight reminded me of a design we saw on the first driver vs driver. I like the idea, but obviously we had an issue with it during testing

The swinging weight reminded me of a design we saw on the first driver vs driver. I like the idea, but obviously we had an issue with it during testing

Yeah, it seems like keeping the weights seperate might be the way to go. Further engineering needed.

Good article Deano, I hope people take a read because it’s well done, and, as I said in my hybrid review I think there is promise here. Now, as we saw with this and @Molten iron review there are some QC issues, but I think those can be solved.

Will Lynx ever be huge here? Probably not, but, it can be seen as more than just the house brand the big box tried water it down to before this recent freedom the brand name has gotten.

From the recent wave of Lynx products in for review, this is the one I was least apathetic to. I like the profile and adjustability.

Thanks for the very well written review Dean. Even with the durability concerns, doesn’t seem like a poor performing club. Unfortunately that along with the hideous green and acoustic issues send this way down the list in a crowded space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump on a Saturday morning while people are kicked back enjoying their morning beverages and want something to read!

Link is in the OP!

Well that’s annoying, no one likes parts breaking when testing. The top looks awesome but that thing seems like the toe would rest straight up in the air with the club that long.

Looking forward to your round two of feedback when you get it, Dean

Good write up dean! Seems like they’ve got some QC challenges to work though, but they’re making a product that performs at a decent price point.

I dig the colors personally, but they’re definitely not going to be to everyone’s tastes.

I definitely remember when Lynx was a major player in the game, happy to see they are back in the mix. This FW club is, to me, a great value at the price point. I'm looking forward to the additional data testing.

what do you guys think of them offering just 1 fairway wood? Do think it's a smart move for them? Personally, I wish they would have offered it with more higher loft options, you know something that could go from 15-19 degrees. The length is certainly something for me that is a bit off too 43.5" is pretty long IMO. I would love to just chop .5" to .75" of an inch from it.

I have received a replacement weight bar for the one that broke. Might be a bit before I can grab some numbers, but I'm impressed by the turnaround time here.

what do you guys think of them offering just 1 fairway wood? Do think it's a smart move for them? Personally, I wish they would have offered it with more higher loft options, you know something that could go from 15-19 degrees. The length is certainly something for me that is a bit off too 43.5" is pretty long IMO. I would love to just chop .5" to .75" of an inch from it.
I think it’s probably the best move initially, but I do see how a 5w could’ve blended into the hybrids a little better.
I have received a replacement weight bar for the one that broke. Might be a bit before I can grab some numbers, but I'm impressed by the turnaround time here.
That’s awesome. Way to go Lynx!

I think it’s probably the best move initially, but I do see how a 5w could’ve blended into the hybrids a little better.

That’s awesome. Way to go Lynx!

yeah the blending into the hybrids is what was on my mind a bit more. I just perceive the need for higher lofted FW's more than stronger lofted ones. You know, in the case of a company only offering 1 head.

Seems fitting to bump this one today

Back