International Foods - Your Selections

Jaffa Cakes.

I don't have platinum/diamond status, but I've traveled a fair bit. In the past couple of years I've spent at least a week in Copenhagen, London, Portland, Austin, San Francisco, LA, Palm Springs, Denver, New York, Tampa, and (closer to home) Chicago and Minneapolis.

Most of those places would probably rate reasonably high on the foodie scale, and Madison is (surprisingly) right there with them. (Especially, again, if we're talking per capita quality)

Interesting. Having spent some time there, I wouldnt think so, but of course everybody is different. I would think when looking at Per Capita, places like Charleston and Savannah (both have roughly half the population) or places 2-2.5 the size like Boston would dwarf it.

But I will say that most have a soft spot and more inner thoughts on local with comfort and such.

Oh well, we shall return to the topic at hand.

Indian, Thai, Mexican and Greek for me. I have been pleasantly surprised to find a couple of really good Greek restaurants in the Indy area. Having a fantastic Thai restaurant a couple of blocks down the street from work is dangerous for the diet.

Being in a job that has allowed me to travel the world and live in amazing places, this is a tough one. Narrowing it down though, true traditional home made Japanese would be at the very top of this list. Sadly, I would have to move back to Japan to get that.

Interesting. Having spent some time there, I wouldnt think so, but of course everybody is different. I would think when looking at Per Capita, places like Charleston and Savannah (both have roughly half the population) or places 2-2.5 the size like Boston would dwarf it.

But I will say that most have a soft spot and more inner thoughts on local with comfort and such.

Yeah, I can totally see that. It's an unrelated, but also interesting conversation.

Madison's food scene has really blown up in the last 5-6 years or so. There are 4 James Beard nominees this year alone: http://host.madison.com/ct/entertai...cle_2caaf8c5-dee4-5fd8-a732-141420ee85e5.html

Vietnamese (Pho) and Mexican are probably my two favorites. Houston has an absolutely fantastic selection of foods from everywhere, so I have been meaning to get out more and try more "adventurous" foods.

Sometimes good intentioned questions come off as something else in type...haha

Just giving you heck.

I had a mentor that used to mock me for using that exact same statement. It's now ingrained in my mind as a nun-slap.

Indian food and Thai food are pretty much my favorite ethnic foods. Just absolutely love the spices and the complexity of flavor.

Thai food is my favorite!

My wife makes a curry chicken dish we got from a coworker who's wife is Indian...omg, dip some warmed up Nan bread in the sauce and it's pure heaven. Got a wicked bite to it too.

What is a dishonest question?

:drinks:

haha unfortunately on the internet that phrase is needed when asking a question that could even remotely come off snarky or sarcastic when you're genuinely asking a question. Since the internet is serious business.

Good Indian food.
There is a place hear us that does food from Colombia, Honduras, and other areas. Love me some Fried Plantains, Pupusas and Empanadas.

I could eat Mexican and Italian food every day

Indian Food, there is a local place that does it pretty well, never would have thought I would have liked it, but there is a ton of flavor!

Authentic Mexican and Indian food here. Plenty of the former in my current location, and I recall eating at a fantastic Indian restaurant in Guam called Curry Kebab. The food was amazing and even better when washed down with a cold Tiger beer. :D

Oh and when I read 'Greek food' all I can think about is the Arby's commercial where he calls gyros Mediterranean tacos, haha!

Oh man, so many choices for this.

1) Real authentic Mexican food
2) Greek food
3) Thai
4) Lebanese
5) Italian

Italian and surprisingly Chinese food. I'm not a fan of Japanese food though which is weird.

Regional Mexican, non Italian American Italian food, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, French, Brazilian, Spanish, we could be here a long time. I am hungry now.

I love good Mexican, good Greek is always on the list. I travel to Asia a lot so I really like Thai food, and legit Korean.

We have an exchange student staying with us from Israel, and she's prepared several meals for us from her family recipes. Holy smokes! Real deal falafel and hummus are freaking amazing! I'm not 100% sure what some of the other dishes were called, but from what she's shared with us I think I'd be ok dining on middle eastern cuisine.

Caribbean Seafood, so many different influences and then add the local flair for some really good food. Then Sushi in Japan, just a different level of great.

I love good Mexican, good Greek is always on the list. I travel to Asia a lot so I really like Thai food, and legit Korean.

+1 one for Thai and Korean!

Favorites as Greek (my heritage), authentic Italian (not Olive Garden) and authentic Mexican.

Back