THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a couple of tough rounds I'm trending up to 11.2.

Have to re up my official handicap, but it is at 9.7 after putting in a couple out of town winter rounds. Was expected as one of my best rounds ever dropped off.

Lots of time to right the ship. Seems like most of us northerners are going up and only 1 direction to go from there...

I feel your guys pain. What a gorgeous weekend, great time and fun to be on the course. The golf...not so much. Journey to 15 has begun. #singledigitsnomore

A single digit handicap/index seems to be a goal for most, and for those who can score in the mid-80s, you're closer to being a single that you many think...

My home course has a slope of 122. A score of 84 computes to a 10.5 index whereas a score of 83 computes to a 9.5 index. So, if someone normally shoots 85 you only need to eliminate two errant shots and BAM, you're a single.

Baby steps...

Still stable at a 9.6. Trend is showing a 9.5. Each of my next 4 rounds will knock off prior scores used in the index calculation, so gotta "make hay" and get some quality scores in.

After Friday's 75 from the tips I'm down to a 1.4. LOL. I don't think I'll ever reach a 0 but I've gotten darn close now.

Trending up to a 13.5. Had my PB 3 weeks ago and now I can't break 90.
I know this slump. Stick with it. You ll come out of it.

Still holding/trending at 8.4. Waiting for the inevitable bump after a few 70's rounds drop out unless I can throw up some low scores soon.

After Friday's 75 from the tips I'm down to a 1.4. LOL. I don't think I'll ever reach a 0 but I've gotten darn close now.
Nice shootin', Tex

My 43 last night paired with a 39 for an 82, and now I'm trending 8.3. Probably short lived though, because after 2 or 3 rounds I will have an 80 and a 77 drop off which will most likely jump it a bit.

Trending to 3.9! From 4.....

Well, the next two rounds to fall off are 79's. So unless I can pull something out before Sunday, I anticipate a bump up of my index, rather than a drop.

But one never knows what the next round will hold.....

I ended the season at 24.4 and it still stands. I don't think I'll start doing handicap rounds until I shake the back troubles. I'll have to shut off the slope function on the range finder then I will be good to go. This is my 2nd full year of playing and my goal is to be in the 15 to 20 range at season's end. I'm not sure what it would unofficially calculate out too with my assorted 18 & 9 hole rounds so far this year along with last years figures.

Last year:

GHIN.JPG

This year all rounds @ 66.5/117 course rating (Newest first):

45 (9 holes)
49 (9 holes)
51 (9 holes)
Official Handicap Season Starts (above here)
50 (9 holes)
51 (9 holes)
51 (9 holes)
53 (9 holes)
42 (9 holes)
46 (9 holes)

Rounds of 78 and 81 have me back down at 10.0. I think I am literally a shot or 2 from making it into single figures. My tee game was mediocre the last round and needs a little tweaking but my irons and wedges were really on and that leads to lower numbers. I think I am headed in a good direction.

Trending 8.0 now after two 39's paired for a 78.

Dropped.
9.6 from 10.1.
Lowest index ever!
Now to keep it below 10 for another revision...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Holding steady at 11.0 Single digits are with in reach this year.

Replacing a 79 with a ...... 78! from a higher slope rating!
I now have my index at its lowest ever, trending down!!
The next 5 rounds won't hurt the index, so if I can get one more good round out of the next 5, I will continue my lower trend!!

#TheGrindIsReal
#TeamEthanatorFTW

Trending from 3.0 to 3.2 after I replaced a combined 71 with a combined 73 after my 9 hole round this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back